Hypothetical ?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Say we split our division games, and go 3-3 in them.

It’s a good possibility IMO because, well they are division games and Sh it can happen.

Who else do we lose to in the remainder of the schedule?

If you don’t see us splitting the division games, how do you think it plays out.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I dont think we will beat the Rams. Not until the playoffs. But we should beat the Niners twice with those injuries. And the Cards usually win in Seattle.

Buffalo is legit. That is a tough game. And the Hawks usually shit the bed in one game near the end of the season. That is probably against the FKA Foreskins.

10 and 6 looks like the worst case right now. 11 and 5 or even 12-4 seems more likely.

Stoked.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
nanomoz":1yxsq0ix said:
I dont think we will beat the Rams. Not until the playoffs. But we should beat the Niners twice with those injuries. And the Cards usually win in Seattle.

Buffalo is legit. That is a tough game. And the Hawks usually $h!t the bed in one game near the end of the season. That is probably against the FKA Foreskins.

10 and 6 looks like the worst case right now. 11 and 5 or even 12-4 seems more likely.

Stoked.

3-3/4-2 in divisional games.

3-2 (at worst) 4-1 likely with the remaining non division games (Buffalo tough, Philly sort of tough, Jets, Skins, Giants no way we lose one of those)

11-5 floor, 13-3 Ceiling IMO

rcaido

Reaction score
Either 15-1 or undefeated...Vikings & Rams were the only one in paper that made me worry...

Im mostly worried about the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qxamkns7 said:
Ok, what's with the Rams fear? Look who they have played. Yes, they are good team. But until they start knocking of really top tier teams, I'll believe they are back. I expect 4-2 in the division.

Personally I don’t fear them, or anyone else in the division.
It’s the fact that so many times the division games get wonky, anything can happen and too many times we lose a couple that we shouldn’t.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to be 3-3.

For the sake of this conversation, I was really curious what folks thought about the rest of the schedule.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1e6psji5 said:
3-3/4-2 in divisional games.

3-2 (at worst) 4-1 likely with the remaining non division games (Buffalo tough, Philly sort of tough, Jets, Skins, Giants no way we lose one of those)

11-5 floor, 13-3 Ceiling IMO

I agree with this. 13-3 is very possible as is 11-5 but I think 12-4 is the most likely. I think the Hawks go 3-3 in the division and 4-1 with the rest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Going in to the bye at 5-0 was huge imo. A little bit of cushion going in to a tough middle part of the schedule.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3fdk69wv said:

The Rams barely lost to Buffalo on the road. Yes that's not a win but it's still impressive. They trounced a mediocre Eagles team in Philly, had a one score win over Dallas at home (same as Hawks), solidly beat Washington on the road. The Giants game was much closer than it should have been and may indicate they have a ways to go. They're the only real threat the the NFC West.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":om7c5gsk said:
Going in to the bye at 5-0 was huge imo. A little bit of cushion going in to a tough middle part of the schedule.

Very impressive. Now lets get some people back from injury over the Bye and see what this team is truly capable of with the toughest part of their schedule coming up.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1y0xi5pj said:

Just looking at it objectively, McVay is 4-2 against Seattle, and both losses were games the Rams almost pulled out.

As for this year, we nearly beat the Bills in Buffalo, and Seattle hasn't played a game nearly that difficult. It's likely that if we switched schedules, the Rams would be 5-0 and Seattle 4-1.

The Rams currently are top five in total offense and defense, although 13th in scoring offense and 3rd in scoring defense. Part of that can be attributed to playing Washington and New York, but we held them to their lowest outputs, so we still performed better against them than every other team (tied with the Niners for the Giants) that they've played.

We also have a better point differential than Seattle.

I'm so confused by this "back" narrative - not just from you but from everyone. This season there will be 7 playoff teams - last year we would have been the 7 seed. The Rams should have been expected to be a playoff team from week one, but for some reason the media has acted like we went 6-10 last year.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SeaWolv":cvh08cgl said:
SoulfishHawk":cvh08cgl said:

The Rams barely lost to Buffalo on the road. Yes that's not a win but it's still impressive. They trounced a mediocre Eagles team in Philly, had a one score win over Dallas at home (same as Hawks), solidly beat Washington on the road. The Giants game was much closer than it should have been and may indicate they have a ways to go. They're the only real threat the the NFC West.

I'd equate that Giants game to the Seahawks/Vikings.

Giants are worse than the Vikings, but we never trailed in the game - it was just closer than it should have been.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Niners are the wildcard - I think they're probably done with their upcoming schedule, but they will be playing for their season Sunday Night. We struggle with them more than Seattle does.

Here's how I think it plays out:

Seahawks:

@Arizona - L
SF - W
@Buffalo - L
@LA - L
Arizona - W
@Philly - W
NY - W
NY - W
@Washington - W
Rams - ?
@Niners - W

Rams:

@SF - L
Chicago - W
@Miami - W
Seattle - W
@Tampa Bay - L
SF - W
@Arizona - W
New England - W
NY - W
@Seattle - ?
Arizona - W

I could see both teams being 11-3 heading into their week 16 game. I think we sweep Arizona as we don't struggle with them, and Seattle sweeps SF as they play them better than we do.

In looking at these schedules though, the Rams drawing Tampa Bay and Chicago is tough, and there are lots of games we could lose on this schedule.

LTH

Reaction score
pmedic920":nr0lc5tm said:
Say we split our division games, and go 3-3 in them.

It’s a good possibility IMO because, well they are division games and Sh it can happen.

Who else do we lose to in the remainder of the schedule?

If you don’t see us splitting the division games, how do you think it plays out.

your right division games are tough no matter what... strange things happen no matter what the record of the divisional opponent..

I think if this team can get past the Rams and the Bills there is a realistic chance this team goes undefeated... we will see its way early and the odds are against it but I put NOTHING past Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson...

LTH

rcaido

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1wlo00ok said:

Uhh the Rams has had our number the past 5 games we played each other. They won 4 out of 5, should have been 5 out of 5 if Greg the leg didn't miss the FG at the end. Mcvay is just an awesome creative coach along w/ Shannahan. i always get scared playing the Rams, even during the crappy Fisher era.

We also dont have crowd noise to affect Goof.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1ubkqoin said:
I'd equate that Giants game to the Seahawks/Vikings.

Just as I'm telling my Hawk brethren not to underestimate your Lambs, I'm gonna tell you not to underestimate the Vikings. Their losses have been at the hands of division leading Titans, Packers and Seahawks and a 3-2 Colts team. The Giants have lost to a 2-3 Niners team and a 2-3 Cowboys team, there's no equivalency there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":214hu362 said:

The fear is they're the ONLY team in Russell's entire career he has a less than .500 record playing against.

It's also evident that Pete has no idea how to scheme against their offense, because other teams in the division make Goff look like Stan Gelbaugh, but we make his look like Joe Montana.

So whether we like to admit it or not, they give us fits year after year, even when they stunk in St. Louis we were dropping games to them.

As far as our record, I have us at 13-3 now. I think we drop two division games, and probably one out of conference game, at the Bills looks the most dangerous.