Clink fans

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Boy the 12s sure had it going last night! Oh wait. At least they did at my house. Well I did.
I've been accused at times of being too optimistic in my life. Its taken me many years of telling my wife that there is always a chance in a football game unless the math doesn't work out. In the chat room yesterday, there were some who had basically admitted defeat in the first half. For those of you normally there during games know this is fairly normal.
Granted, the offense couldn't do anything and the defense was basically letting Minnesota move at will.

As optimistic as I am, after Russ threw an interception with under 6:00 minutes left in the game while trailing by 5, I found myself beginning the thoughts that this game would be a loss. I definitely had my doubts when Minnesota drove to the 6 yard line with just under 2 minutes on the clock and the lead. Like everyone else, I figured they would try for a FG. A first down would cement the win for them. Seattle's defense gave up a lot of yards on the ground all night long. But come up with the stop they did!

I remember watching a game a couple weeks ago and a team was driving in the last minute for a potential win. I don't remember what game it was but I distinctly remember thinking how important it was to stay out of 3rd and long or 4th and long in a game situation like this. In those situations, the defense gains a distinct advantage. This happened to the offense last night. Having to convert on 4th and long in an all or nothing situation does not have a high conversion rate.

Russell Wilson will not be denied. He will give absolutely everything he has to give. He. Did!

Given the overall play of the team. The absolutely awful TOP. The above mentioned game situations. After the Wilson INT, how many fans would we have seen heading for the exits last night if fans were allowed at games? How many lucky fans would have stayed in their seats to witness this win? I've stayed to the end in blowouts by opposing teams. I guarantee, I would have been there screaming my ass off!

AlaskaHawkGirl

Reaction score
I would have been there! I was at the Hawks/patriots game in 2012 where we had that crazy comeback and I watched so many people leave because they thought there was no hope. But we won! Never count us out!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Kind of ridiculous at this point they can't figure out a plan to have 10-15K fans at home games, at least. Other teams are doing it and have not had any issues so far.

It's a giant stadium. Cordon off sections and control entry and access. Socially distance it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3v1xd179 said:
Kind of ridiculous at this point they can't figure out a plan to have 10-15K fans at home games, at least. Other teams are doing it and have not had any issues so far.

It's a giant stadium. Cordon off sections and control entry and access. Socially distance it.
Im thinking you will start to see fans back. Hawks committed to no fans for 3 games early on.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":tp5zofli said:
Boy the 12s sure had it going last night! Oh wait. At least they did at my house. Well I did.
I've been accused at times of being too optimistic in my life. Its taken me many years of telling my wife that there is always a chance in a football game unless the math doesn't work out. In the chat room yesterday, there were some who had basically admitted defeat in the first half. For those of you normally there during games know this is fairly normal.
Granted, the offense couldn't do anything and the defense was basically letting Minnesota move at will.

As optimistic as I am, after Russ threw an interception with under 6:00 minutes left in the game while trailing by 5, I found myself beginning the thoughts that this game would be a loss. I definitely had my doubts when Minnesota drove to the 6 yard line with just under 2 minutes on the clock and the lead. Like everyone else, I figured they would try for a FG. A first down would cement the win for them. Seattle's defense gave up a lot of yards on the ground all night long. But come up with the stop they did!

I remember watching a game a couple weeks ago and a team was driving in the last minute for a potential win. I don't remember what game it was but I distinctly remember thinking how important it was to stay out of 3rd and long or 4th and long in a game situation like this. In those situations, the defense gains a distinct advantage. This happened to the offense last night. Having to convert on 4th and long in an all or nothing situation does not have a high conversion rate.

Russell Wilson will not be denied. He will give absolutely everything he has to give. He. Did!

Given the overall play of the team. The absolutely awful TOP. The above mentioned game situations. After the Wilson INT, how many fans would we have seen heading for the exits last night if fans were allowed at games? How many lucky fans would have stayed in their seats to witness this win? I've stayed to the end in blowouts by opposing teams. I guarantee, I would have been there screaming my ass off!

I remember seeing fans trying to get back in or watching at windows during the GB NFCC game. I almost always stay til the end bitter or sweet. Especially if it's the last defame of the season. Even a crappy performance deserves recognition for a season's worth of entertainment. And that game proved why. Plus it was that game I kept reminding myself after watching the first half at work and driving home to torture myself with the second half. And just like that GB game, when the TD pass landed, I just let out a sight and said "of course he did..."

chris98251

Reaction score
Then there are the Rams and Chargers, it's business as usual, really an unfair advantage as the home team when others go to play there.