D Line Help

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
Are there any decent FA D Ends still out there? I saw an article about a guy from 2016 named Oakland. He played at Baylor with Myles Garrett and looks similar in physic to DK. He had charges against him in 2016 that he was found not guilty of last year... maybe kick the wheels on him?? We need something cause our QB pressure is abysmal and Norton is refusing to play the couple guys who do get pressure...

Own The West

Reaction score
Yeah, there was that other guy too. We should get them both.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Aiunahthar":cgc5s8dw said:
Are there any decent FA D Ends still out there? I saw an article about a guy from 2016 named Oakland. He played at Baylor with Myles Garrett and looks similar in physic to DK. He had charges against him in 2016 that he was found not guilty of last year... maybe kick the wheels on him?? We need something cause our QB pressure is abysmal and Norton is refusing to play the couple guys who do get pressure...

Shawn Oakman. Sign him for no other reason than to get off the bus first. Dude's a beast.

sdog1981

Reaction score
There is basically no one left on the market.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Fade did a post on this.

We are getting pressure. Watch the games.

We are just using our secondary poorly.

We are getting run on, but that is the Vikings...they run on everyone.

The problem isn't our DL.

RCATES

Reaction score
Even if the bad teams start unloading talent I doubt we'll be in the running. Hardly any cap left and no draft capital after the Adams trade. This is who we are going forward. A really bad defensive unit. League worst.

OP
OP
A

Aiunahthar

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2da7fygo said:
Fade did a post on this.

We are getting pressure. Watch the games.

We are just using our secondary poorly.

We are getting run on, but that is the Vikings...they run on everyone.

The problem isn't our DL.

Where did he get that info? Everywhere I look I'm hearing we need more pressure.
I agree our secondary is being used terribly, that is on coaching aka Norton. I think our secondary is better that it has looks so far. We have a ton of injuries in the secondary this year already. So with different players in almost every game they aren't getting to trust and learn each others movements and tendencies as well as they should. Once we get healthy and they have some time together they will improve. Except flowers... he should be paying into the cap to play. He needs to go... all opposing teams have to do is throw his way and they are almost guaranteed a completion with extra yardage.
That being said if we can't get consistent pressure on the QB no matter how much they improve they will look bad.
Even with not much cap left we could pick up someone like the guy I said above. Hed be a minimum contract, or if we can get him on the PS to make sure he's game ready and bring him up on game day which would also cost very little compared to going after a big name.