Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday Morning Musings

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:46 am
  • -- What in the hell has gotten into KJ Wright? Dude is playing at an All Pro level right now. Position change? I guess. Wow he has been one of the thrilling stories this season.

    -- 20 years from now are any of you going to remember the Vikings having their way with us at home in the wind and rain? Going 0-7 on 3rd downs? Hell no you won't. What you will remember is The Drive. Hall of Famer Russell Wilson going 94 yards, converting two 4th downs to win the game.

    -- The defense has TONS of warts. But they also have grit and don't ever give up. Elements you need to have hope to win a championship, no matter how good the offense is. That stop on 4th and 1 was incredible. Barton deserves the lion share of credit there.

    -- Is there a better football player in the league right now other than Russell Wilson? Nope.

    -- Is there a better WR in football right now other than DK Metcalf? Nope.

    -- Hey an Uncle Will sighting! Nice TD young man. (I sound like Raibs).

    -- My mysterious post about Luke Willson last week that nobody could read simply showed a photo of Luuuuuuke superimposed in front of an arctic wilderness. The point still stands. Where the hell is Luke Willson?

    -- 14-2. I have officially changed my 2020 prediction from 12-4 to 14-2. Do you see Russ losing more than two games this year? Me neither.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14295
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:27 pm
  • Russ is the MVP

    Our D will get better with Adams back in the lineup. Plus Snacks, Bullard, Taylor all join the DL rotation will be some nice juice.

    I think our D can only get better as the season progresses
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner
     
    Posts: 5026
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 am
    Location: Renton, WA


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:31 pm
  • Even on Good Morning Football Kyle (usually not a big Seahawks fan) proclaimed DK as the best WR in football right now. And it's hard for anyone at this point to dispute Russ is just on another level right now, even if his stats aren't always pristine. I don't want anyone else on a 94-yard drive to try to win the game right now. Not Mahomes. Not Rodgers.

    I want Russ.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14295
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:04 pm
  • Good stuff here, don't know if DK is the best but what impresses me is how much better he gets from game to game and how he is now making the catches and running the routes that he wasn't known for when he came into the league. His work ethic is showing up big time.

    And KJ, WOW!!! but coming into the season I wondered how his age would start to impact him but he has seemed to find the fountain of youth of late.

    I am a bit curious about the Rockett the last couple of games, what is happening there? are they just dbl covering him or what?

    I think we hit the bye at the perfect time. Players will heal and we can address some issues.

    These are fun Mondays.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7207
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:09 pm
  • Flowers would be scary to have as a starter all year, Dumbar doesn't seem as good as i thought he would be...Plus he seems way injury prone. I think we should at least try to trade Hollister for backup corner or maybe shift Neal there.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1314
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:11 pm
  • What a weird game. Outside of 3 minutes and 48 seconds, the Vikes beat the crap out of us. I read that they actually set a record for 10 minute drives.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6089
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 pm
    Location: UT


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:17 pm
  • Yeah, KJ is a breath of fresh air. I’ll admit I have some crow to eat in that regards. Before the season started I thought his best years were behind him and the old vet was nearing the end of his run with the pack. Boy was I wrong. He’s been solid.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1770
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:22 am


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:30 pm
  • I advocated for trading KJ before last season. Early on, last year, he went on a real tear, making me look bad. The second half of the season, he ran out of steam.

    I still maintain that we should have traded him, and it will be interesting to see if he has a second, mid-year, decline.

    The guy is playing out of his mind right now, and it will be interesting to see if he can maintain the pace.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2896
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 pm
  • DomeHawk wrote:Good stuff here, don't know if DK is the best but what impresses me is how much better he gets from game to game and how he is now making the catches and running the routes that he wasn't known for when he came into the league. His work ethic is showing up big time.

    And KJ, WOW!!! but coming into the season I wondered how his age would start to impact him but he has seemed to find the fountain of youth of late.

    I am a bit curious about the Rockett the last couple of games, what is happening there? are they just dbl covering him or what?

    I think we hit the bye at the perfect time. Players will heal and we can address some issues.

    These are fun Mondays.

    KJ is still a great football player. I think earlier he got put in some no win situations having to cover speedy slot guys.

    Lockett was quiet for games last year also. I think it has to do with opposing DC's deciding to eliminate that deep play action backside post that him and Russ kill people on regularly. He still tends to show up on a couple big plays to move the chains in those games thankfully.

    Hopefully just getting some bodies back on D will help. A lot of guys upfront are playing too many snaps to be effective. I think KJ played every snap or close to it.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:47 pm


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:53 pm
  • Regarding Lockett I heard it's all about matchups. Brock Huard mentioned today on 710 ESPN that it depends on the opponent as to which will be the hot target:

    “I think it’s a little different. I think a little bit of that is man versus zone. When (Metcalf) gets man situations and true one-on-one (matchups), and when Minnesota was going to bring the house and blitz and pressure (Wilson) – and even if they were playing zone or playing quarters – it still turns into one-on-one situations on the perimeter with the receiver and that (defensive back). And I think whenever those situations arise, you are going to give No. 14 the chance over anybody else. That’s where he separates.”

    https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1199673/ ... unch-time/
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14295
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:07 pm
  • Aros wrote:14-2. I have officially changed my 2020 prediction from 12-4 to 14-2. Do you see Russ losing more than two games this year? Me neither.


    Breaking it down...Giants, WFT, Eagles, Jets. There's four very winnable games.

    Division...I'm going to be cautious and say we break .500, although at this point, I could see us sweeping the Niners. That's three more, which bring us to 12.

    That brings us to the toughest game we've got left on our schedule, which is at Buffalo. Toss up game for sure.

    I think 12 is very attainable, but 13 is a possibility. 14 might be a little too ambitious, but i wouldn't complain.
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 324
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:26 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:I advocated for trading KJ before last season. Early on, last year, he went on a real tear, making me look bad. The second half of the season, he ran out of steam.

    I still maintain that we should have traded him, and it will be interesting to see if he has a second, mid-year, decline.

    The guy is playing out of his mind right now, and it will be interesting to see if he can maintain the pace.

    Trade to who and what were you going to get? Here you are thinking he is bad one one hand but on the other you think there is a team that will trade for him.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:52 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Flowers would be scary to have as a starter all year, Dumbar doesn't seem as good as i thought he would be...Plus he seems way injury prone. I think we should at least try to trade Hollister for backup corner or maybe shift Neal there.

    Neal is and has been a safety. It’s not the same position by a long shot. Turn a safety into a CB and you get Tre Flowers. Dunbar is fine if he stays healthy

    Who is going to give you a serviceable CB for a TE3?

    I can’t believe I am commenting on this ridiculous post.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 am
  • Aros wrote:...I don't want anyone else on a 94-yard drive to try to win the game right now. Not Mahomes. Not Rodgers.

    I want Russ.


    This. 100% This.
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1103
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:37 pm
    Location: BFE, MT


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:40 am
  • HawkerD wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Flowers would be scary to have as a starter all year, Dumbar doesn't seem as good as i thought he would be...Plus he seems way injury prone. I think we should at least try to trade Hollister for backup corner or maybe shift Neal there.

    Neal is and has been a safety. It’s not the same position by a long shot. Turn a safety into a CB and you get Tre Flowers. Dunbar is fine if he stays healthy

    Who is going to give you a serviceable CB for a TE3?

    I can’t believe I am commenting on this ridiculous post.


    Hey smart guy....Neal played CB & Safety in college, played CB for the Eagles & Falcons.

    He is listed as a CB on Seahawks.com, OTC, & NFL.com

    He is the same height & weight. He is faster and more stronger than Flowers. Definitely more hungry. The Seahawks got him from the Falcons to be a CB.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1314
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:45 am
  • Assuming in our 11 remaining games that we are:
    4.5 point favorites at Cardinals (0.67 wins)
    6 point favorites vs 49ers (0.71 wins)
    1 point underdogs at Bills (0.49 wins)
    1 point underdogs at Rams (0.49 wins)
    6.5 point favorites vs Cardinals (0.72 wins)
    4.5 point favorites at Eagles (0.67 wins)
    13.5 point favorites vs Giants (0.90 wins)
    13.5 point favorites vs Jets (0.90 wins)
    10 point favorites at Washington (0.84 wins)
    3 point favorites vs Rams (0.59 wins)
    3 point favorites at 49ers (0.59 wins)

    That adds up to 7.57 wins, so I'd say 13-3 is just slightly more likely than 12-4.

    rcaido wrote:He is the same height & weight. He is faster and more stronger than Flowers. Definitely more hungry. The Seahawks got him from the Falcons to be a CB.

    The team has been giving Neal plenty of opportunity the last two games. I doubt they would hesitate to plug him in at LT if they thought he was the best option there.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4244
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:45 am
  • Aros wrote:Regarding Lockett I heard it's all about matchups. Brock Huard mentioned today on 710 ESPN that it depends on the opponent as to which will be the hot target:

    “I think it’s a little different. I think a little bit of that is man versus zone. When (Metcalf) gets man situations and true one-on-one (matchups), and when Minnesota was going to bring the house and blitz and pressure (Wilson) – and even if they were playing zone or playing quarters – it still turns into one-on-one situations on the perimeter with the receiver and that (defensive back). And I think whenever those situations arise, you are going to give No. 14 the chance over anybody else. That’s where he separates.”

    https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1199673/ ... unch-time/


    Yes DK and Moore are the man beaters and Lockett and Olsen are the zone beaters on this squad. So Wilson is going to take what you give.

    Want to play man? DK will beat up your puny DB's and Moore will jump over them. Want to play zone? Tyler will weave through you and get open. Olsen will sit in the soft spot.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1985
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:12 am


Re: Monday Morning Musings
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:16 am
  • And to think of all the players that are coming back after the Bye week. This team is just getting started.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16151
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA




It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online