Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saw a clip of Pete after the game (ESPN)

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Saw a clip of Pete after the game (ESPN)
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:54 pm
  • He's in the locker room all pumped..Saying you don't win in the 1st quarter!
    I mean he's amped big time and animated as he is going through the quarters.
    You could see the players feeding off of it and then you also see why PC does
    so well..He knows how get through to the players and get them to buy in.
    Even the ESPN people were like "He's almost 70?" "That can't be" ect.
    I really wish I had the clip because he even got me pumped up :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:He's in the locker room all pumped..Saying you don't win in the 1st quarter!
    I mean he's amped big time and animated as he is going through the quarters.
    You could see the players feeding off of it and then you also see why PC does
    so well..He knows how get through to the players and get them to buy in.
    Even the ESPN people were like "He's almost 70?" "That can't be" ect.
    I really wish I had the clip because he even got me pumped up :lol:


    Pete is an exceptional motivator. He exudes positivity and knows how to inspire Gen Z better than most 1/2 his age. The culture may not be perfect, but I think it's the best in the NFL.
    Palpitation
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:14 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:He's in the locker room all pumped..Saying you don't win in the 1st quarter!
    I mean he's amped big time and animated as he is going through the quarters.
    You could see the players feeding off of it and then you also see why PC does
    so well..He knows how get through to the players and get them to buy in.
    Even the ESPN people were like "He's almost 70?" "That can't be" ect.
    I really wish I had the clip because he even got me pumped up :lol:


    You can witness that clip at the end of the All Access video from this last week's game on seahawks.com.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2504
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:25 am


  • :lol: If that clip doesn't get you excited you are hopelessly glass empty.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1498
    Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:43 pm
    Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.


  • His energy and belief in winning impacts that team so much. He can motivate pretty much anyone imo.
    I remember Sherm talking about how it got old blah blah blah. Whatever you say Sherm :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16112
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Appyhawk wrote::lol: If that clip doesn't get you excited you are hopelessly glass empty.


    AKA at least 10% of this forum's membership, and probably more.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6980
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


  • Maulbert wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote::lol: If that clip doesn't get you excited you are hopelessly glass empty.


    AKA at least 10% of this forum's membership, and probably more.


    Any irony in the fact you post a negative post about others being negative ?
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1550
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 pm



  • Pete had the lights flickering. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2799
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote::lol: If that clip doesn't get you excited you are hopelessly glass empty.


    AKA at least 10% of this forum's membership, and probably more.


    Any irony in the fact you post a negative post about others being negative ?

    It's no secret there's a lot of doom and gloom around here.
    It's a simple acknowledgement.
    The Breh
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 393
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:58 pm


  • While Pete drives me nuts with in game management, his inability to adapt the past few years(although he deserves some credit this year for finally doing it) he’s possibly the best ever at the soft stuff and it’s played a huge role in our success. I’ll miss him a ton when he leaves because of his energy and personality.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 4620
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm


  • Fade wrote:
    Pete had the lights flickering. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    This is the complete version because ESPN didn't show
    the lights..Wow!
    Thanks Fade for that find.. :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5588
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


  • You can tell how exhausted Russ was after the game.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3213
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:17 pm


  • Yes, Pete, it is possible, in the first 3 quarters, to bury a team so deep that they have no chance of getting out of the hole.

    See XLVIII ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2887
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • There are wolves and rabbit personalities in races. One likes to be in front, stay in front, the other like the chase and win in a final sprint. Pete is last leg sprinter. It wouldn't be fun to be up 50 pts.

    Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 pm


  • I wouldn't know. I'm a Seahawks fan.

    I do know that winning by 35 points took nothing away from the most fun game I ever watched on TV.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2887
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • bigskydoc wrote:Yes, Pete, it is possible, in the first 3 quarters, to bury a team so deep that they have no chance of getting out of the hole.

    See XLVIII ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Tell that to the Falcons. :P
    beaumaris
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:09 pm


  • NOLAHawk wrote:There are wolves and rabbit personalities in races. One likes to be in front, stay in front, the other like the chase and win in a final sprint. Pete is last leg sprinter. It wouldn't be fun to be up 50 pts.

    Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk


    Remember Russell's rookie season where we blew teams out, on the road, putting up 50-burgers? I think it was on AZ and Buffalo. Those were sure fun!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3532
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


  • Isn't Pete a surfer?
    I think it's just "in his blood" to seek out "by the skin of your teeth" scenarios. He calls football games like free climbers or untethered tightrope walkers.
    I enjoy a win no matter how it comes but Jesus Christ, Pete!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3213
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:17 pm


  • hgwellz12 wrote:Isn't Pete a surfer?
    I think it's just "in his blood" to seek out "by the skin of your teeth" scenarios. He calls football games like free climbers or untethered tightrope walkers.
    I enjoy a win no matter how it comes but Jesus Christ, Pete!


    That Vikings game was something else... the last time I recall the Hawks actually snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, by *executing* when our backs were against the wall, against all odds, with no margin for error, was the game vs GB that put us in SB49. That 4th-and-short stop vs Minny was the equivalent of the onside kick recovery vs GB. While still needing to go down and score to make it mean anything.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3532
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


  • beaumaris wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:Yes, Pete, it is possible, in the first 3 quarters, to bury a team so deep that they have no chance of getting out of the hole.

    See XLVIII ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Tell that to the Falcons. :P


    I would wager that the percent of one-score leads squandered in the 4th quarter vastly outnumbers the percent of squandered, first-half, 21 point leads
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2887
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • I don't want to come off as anti-Pete because I am not. His coaching success here is unmatched. BUT, I freaking hate that win-it-in-4th qtr stuff. When you have a defense like we do right now you gotta be thinking SCORE -- every single minute of the game.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7018
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


  • DomeHawk wrote:I don't want to come off as anti-Pete because I am not. His coaching success here is unmatched. BUT, I freaking hate that win-it-in-4th qtr stuff. When you have a defense like we do right now you gotta be thinking SCORE -- every single minute of the game.


    I say they were thinking SCORE, well, every minute of the 2nd half, anyway, lol. Mostly thinking the TD-that-almost-was to David Moore, that wound up as a punt.

    No answer on the slow adjustments in the first half, continuing to try chit that Minny was destroying.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3532
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 am


  • bigskydoc wrote:Yes, Pete, it is possible, in the first 3 quarters, to bury a team so deep that they have no chance of getting out of the hole.

    See XLVIII ¯\_(ツ)_/¯



    This would be true if blowouts were common in the NFL. They aren’t.

    Most wins are by 10-20 points and that can be erased in the 4th. Truth is, most teams don’t know how to close. That Russ and Pete are virtually undefeated if leading in the first half is more a testament to their 4th quarter greatness.

    And I’ll also say, I can’t think of a team that has had more signature, game winning stops in recent years (and game winning drives) than ours. No one outside of Belichick and offensive genius Andy Reid comes close to our winning percentage. We’re comfortable in close games and that speaks to our success
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1375
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:05 am


  • Scorpion05 wrote:

    This would be true if blowouts were common in the NFL. They aren’t.

    Most wins are by 10-20 points and that can be erased in the 4th. Truth is, most teams don’t know how to close. That Russ and Pete are virtually undefeated if leading in the first half is more a testament to their 4th quarter greatness.


    By my back of the envelope math, in the Carroll/ Wilson era, the Hawks are 58-0 when leading by 4 or more at the half, and 42-47 when not leading by 4 or more. That would suggest that it is, in fact, possible to win in the first half, especially for this team. When we win the first half, we simply don't lose. When we don't win the first half, we are below .500. Of course you have to close out the game. If we are that good with a 4 point lead, imagine how much more impossible the task would be for opposing teams when we are leading by 21 at the half.

    Those 58 wins come with 12 blowouts of 58-0, 50-17, 42-13, 43-8, 45-17, 33-10, 41-20, 34-7, 23-0, 36-16, 30-13, and 40-7. Common? No. You are correct, it is not common, especially with this team.

    2 blowout losses came when we were not leading by 4, 46-16, 42-7
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2887
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT




It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online