Maybe I missed it... fans returning?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Just curious more than anything with the bye week...

I’m in the Midwest and thought about a December trip out to Seattle but has there been decisions/updates on fans returning to Centurylink? Three games are over...

Anything?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3qcj4xys said:
Just curious more than anything with the bye week...

I’m in the Midwest and thought about a December trip out to Seattle but has there been decisions/updates on fans returning to Centurylink? Three games are over...

Anything?

With more and more NFL teams/cities letting them in, you would think it would only be a matter of time.....

But then again, this is the west coast so who knows 8)

Lets hope!!! It would be SUCH a boost.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I suspect fans will be shut out until this doggoned covid positives thing at least stops going up. Right now most states are seeing increases in positive numbers. I wouldn't want to see our players and staff infected by some irresponsible fans.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It honestly is up to our state leaders and the team.
With King county still being in phase 2, people will not be able to attend sporting events, concerts, or movies, etc...

They won't let fans in until phase 4 unless the governor makes some sort of exception

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/w...he-modified-phase-1-of-washingtons-reopening/

(And no, that's not meant to be political. It's a statement of fact before anyone gets offended.)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1jj1nenr said:

A boost to what? We are 5-0 with no fans. Last year our defense was crap with fans in the stands making noise and this year our defense is crap with fans not in the stands. We went 4-4 last year at home and it was one of the worst seasons as a STH since I killed my larynx for virtually no benefit it seemed.

I can't see how we'd be much better off.

I'm happy not to go this year but I hope they give STH a first crack at playoff tickets if we get a home playoff game. Those I'd risk COVID for.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'd think C-link would be among the last to reopen, because they had the case in February involving an XFL food vendor who was serving food to fans and then tested positive. And at that time, that was no asymptomatic.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":9ciiycdu said:
With King county still being in phase 2, people will not be able to attend sporting events, concerts, or movies, etc...

(And no, that's not meant to be political. It's a statement of fact before anyone gets offended.)

Thanks for keeping it real, Jerhawk.

There is Covid, and then there is social response to Covid, including family, sports-team, city, state, and federal suggestions/mandates. They are all political and/or social responses.

The disease itself has no requirements. It's possible an entire team could be Covid-19 positive, be mainly asymptomatic, and continue to function nearly normally. Or someone could die. It's not simple, but the responses are far more complex right now. As far as fans' risk in the stadium? Everyone has different data on the risks, it seems. I trust almost nobody's figures.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":19g93cd5 said:
Hawkpower":19g93cd5 said:

A boost to what? We are 5-0 with no fans. Last year our defense was crap with fans in the stands making noise and this year our defense is crap with fans not in the stands. We went 4-4 last year at home and it was one of the worst seasons as a STH since I killed my larynx for virtually no benefit it seemed.

I can't see how we'd be much better off.

I'm happy not to go this year but I hope they give STH a first crack at playoff tickets if we get a home playoff game. Those I'd risk COVID for.

Meh, that's comparing apples to oranges imo. It's never a bad thing to have the 12s assisting the D get an extra jump off the ball.

But I totally get your frustration Mad Dog I was feeling the same way!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What I am still trying to figure out is how teams that have been letting some fans in, how do they do it? I would assume it's a lotto for STH's and then they can decide if they want to go or not. Have yet to hear anyone mention the process.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3tbc3e43 said:
What I am still trying to figure out is how teams that have been letting some fans in, how do they do it? I would assume it's a lotto for STH's and then they can decide if they want to go or not. Have yet to hear anyone mention the process.

If you look at the teams that have done it, the fans seem to be spaced equidistantly. I'm guessing that there's some STH lottery by section with only a said fraction of fans in each section getting in.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3ing7i0q said:
Keep on topic or this will be locked. No politics. No exceptions!!!

Whether fans go to the stadium or not is politics, not matter whether you agree with the policies or not. Your moderatorship of the topic is political as well.

Good luck with this one, Kitsap!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2huuiq7k said:

They won't let fans in until phase 4 unless the governor makes some sort of exception

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/w...he-modified-phase-1-of-washingtons-reopening/

Facts offend me! They screw with my ill-informed arguments!!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, haven't heard. Between the gov and the county, there hasn't been any movement that I've seen.

I'm sure the team would love it, and there must be a way to have a lottery amongst the STH for attendance.

2 weeks before out next game, but if the infection curve doesn't bend back down, I'd be a little surprised if they open it up.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sutz":29k3lfxa said:
Yeah, haven't heard. Between the gov and the county, there hasn't been any movement that I've seen.

I'm sure the team would love it, and there must be a way to have a lottery amongst the STH for attendance.

2 weeks before out next game, but if the infection curve doesn't bend back down, I'd be a little surprised if they open it up.

If one is to obsessively, closely analyze curves and bends it will probably never happen.

The stadiums that are opening have realized this. Seattle will battle Cali for last to open. Sad but true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Doesn't really make sense to me if people can be outdoors together at local parks, lakes, campgrounds and zoos. But not a couple thousand people spaced out at stadiums that hold 40-65k people?

But yes, I wouldn't suspect the Hawks would be allowed fans until we reach phase four.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Part of my job as an educator is as our schools Athletic Director. I’ve been in preliminary talks with fellow ADs about the possibility of basketball this winter. Basketball as well as football is deemed a high risk level for participation. For schools to open last month, the health district wanted the Covid numbers to be under 75/100,000 population. We are currently at 219/100,000 in Spokane county. School sports that are or will be allowed to move forward will be limited, as of now to one spectator per athlete. Or in some circumstances none at all.

I know this information doesn’t exactly address the, will fans return soon question, but perhaps it sheds a little light on the overall magnitude that those in charge are monitoring.

The NFL has different criteria when deciding whether to play or not than the WIAA does in letting school athletics play. The state does determine whether or not large gatherings of people will be allowed. If fans are allowed back at the Clink, how many? What seating options are there? What about all of the pregame crowded areas?

With the latest spikes in covid and the overall numbers being where they are, I don’t see fans returning to the Clink this year. As for teams that are allowing a limited number of fans in, I see some of these teams eventually scaling back and or eliminating fan options all together.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hawks @ Cardinals is supposed to have fans.

However you have to be a Cards STH to even get into that game.

The Seattle Seahawks have played only one game out of five with fans in attendance, but when they return from the bye week they’ll be playing in front of a very very very small crowd at State Farm Stadium in Glendale.

Health authorities in Arizona have given the green light for the Cardinals to host about 1,200 fans for next Sunday’s game, but if you were like me and itching to make a joke about how that would make it a mini-Seahawks home game... sorry, it’s not going to work that way. These seats have been allocated to season-ticket holders only.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/10/17/2 ... s-covid-19

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don’t see Washington allowing fans at all this season. It’s all about what state the games are played in. So, if a Hawk fan wants to go to a live game, they better travel.