5-5

zchurch74

Reaction score
How possible is it for us to lose the next 5 games? It could easily happen. I don’t think we will lose to Arizona twice and San Fran shouldn’t be too tough. I will say I am very worried about our D trying to defend Fitz and Hop and a running QB.

I’m not hear to shit on our 5-0 start. I’m just looking at the schedule and am very happy we started 5-0 because the next 5 will tell us a lot. I think it will also make or break Russ’s MVP run.

Maulbert

Reaction score
When we lose, I will worry about losing. What's the point in winning if you can't take pleasure in it because you're only worrying about what comes next?

Focusing on things that can't be controlled right now is just plain stupid.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
zchurch74":1gwe6dy6 said:
How possible is it for us to lose the next 5 games? It could easily happen. I don’t think we will lose to Arizona twice and San Fran shouldn’t be too tough. I will say I am very worried about our D trying to defend Fitz and Hop and a running QB.

I’m not hear to $h!t on our 5-0 start. I’m just looking at the schedule and am very happy we started 5-0 because the next 5 will tell us a lot. I think it will also make or break Russ’s MVP run.

Could it easily happen?

Do you think the cardinals, rams, 9ers, bills are better than who the team has played?

Outside the falcons, I dont.

D

DomeHawk

Waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Why would you do that to yourself? if nothing else you had two weeks to revel in an undefeated season, sitting atop the power rankings, and an MVP run by our great HOF QB.

Or, you can.....

Own The West

Reaction score
The next 5 weeks is the meat of our schedule. We have 4 division games and the Bills. The Bills' game is the only one we can lose.

After that it's 4 NFC/AFC East teams to get healthy on then finish with the Rams and 49ers -- probably with the division/conference record on the line.

If we can beat the Rams and go 3-2 over the next 5, I think we'll be neck and neck with GB. Unfortunately, GB can probably run the table with they're schedule and we'll have to go through Lambeau.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What Maulbert said ^^^

What an absolute waste of energy worrying about what COULD happen. Why not just enjoy winning???

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xh3txksl said:
Could it easily happen?

Do you think the cardinals, rams, 9ers, bills are better than who the team has played?

I do. Dallas, Miami, Vikings, and Atlanta are all worse than the Rams, Bills, and Cards. If the Niners werent so ravaged by injuries, they would be worse than them too.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’ll wager a nice steak dinner for two (drinks included) maximum $250.

To anyone that’s willing to bet that the Seahawks will lose the next 5 games.

Sorry OP, “it could easily happen” is ludicrous.

Edit: in fact, I’ll pay the $250 against your $150.
I’m a cheap date.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
RW would spontaneously combust before he allows us to lose 5 in a row.

I think we’re 8-2 after this run.

We will need JA back for the Cardinals game if we want to slow them down.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This team isn't losing its next 5.

It isn't losing 5 for the rest of the season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Russell would have to get hurt and be out for the next five games for this team to go 5-5.

But yes once we get into the division, that'll tell us more about where the Hawks are going this year. Will it be battling for another WC spot again, or can we start dreaming of a 14-2 or 13-3 type of year with the #1 seed type of season?

Palpitation

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":n90aqpic said:
Uncle Si":n90aqpic said:
Could it easily happen?

I do. Dallas, Miami, Vikings, and Atlanta are all worse than the Rams, Bills, and Cards. If the Niners werent so ravaged by injuries, they would be worse than them too.

Easily happen? No.

Could it happen...probabilities are slim.

I have to agree with those in the mind of enjoy the next 9 days of being 5-0 and looking forward to getting several members of the team back healthy. Life provides enough stress on its own without creating it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A relaxing day of Red Zone when your team is 5-0 and on a bye? Hell yes. Gives the heart a week off too :2thumbs:

Rat

Reaction score
Seems unlikely we get through that stretch completely unscathed, but 5 straight losses? No. What’s our longest losing streak in the Pete-Russ era? Like two?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'll be among the first to point that out a defense that allows 27 PPG is riding the hairy edge with a top offense.

But even with five hard games, Wilson and the offense can win three alone if the defense playing like crap. They can win all five if they get enough breaks like they have in the first five weeks, getting turnovers at critical times and the stops they do get coming at the critical moments.

And in general, I see a post that is "is anybody worried about <x>" the answer is a hard no. I'm not worried about anything. It's a game, they play the game and I watch it and enjoy it. If the team is straight awful, I guess it's not possible to enjoy it (I don't remember the last time I thought this, we've been riding good fortune for the better part of two decades). But even if the team isn't playoff eligible there's stuff that's fun to watch.

Even when this team loses it's almost always exciting; there have been so few games out of reach towards the end. We're actually very lucky on the entertainment front;

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Rat":3aerx1d2 said:
Seems unlikely we get through that stretch completely unscathed, but 5 straight losses? No. What’s our longest losing streak in the Pete-Russ era? Like two?

They lost three in a row in 2011; like you said it's never happened with Wilson here.

The last time this team lost four in a row was 2009.

The last time they lost five in a row? 2008 (was actually six).

Before that they didn't lose five in a row since 2000.

pmedic is right, you'd have to be insane not to take a bet against someone that said they would lose their next five. And I don't like to gamble.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. You can easily be given a promotion one day and drop dead the next. Why worry about it? Just enjoy the moment you have today.

GO HAWKS!

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Not worried about cards. Let quem spot play murray. Other than that I think we will give Hopkins what he typically gets outside a td. About 10 catches roughly. Everyone else on cards will struggle. Fitz is still good but no where near the factor he once was. Plus our 3rd corner is arguably playing better than the starting two. Amadi that is. Anyway...we should have many back on defense which will put us over the top. The defense is the achilles, but I still think it will be hard pressed to lose a game this year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":22n5wgm2 said:
Uncle Si":22n5wgm2 said:
Could it easily happen?

I disagree..

The vikings are a playoff team, as is Miami. All we've seen from the Rams are wind against the bottom dwellers.

The bills just got canned by a team that needed a ladt second 50 yard field goal to beat the giants.