Ryan Neal Flourishes in Seahawks Secondary Seahawks Maven

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Completely agree and suggest he could replace Hill and we'd never miss Hill.

sutz

Reaction score
Good breakdown. Thanks for the link! :2thumbs:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I just want to add that this is the extra factor in why our defense will improve as the season goes, and why the rules this season give us a big advantage. We have a larger roster and can utilize PS players, so that allows us to rotate more players through to see who sticks.

Through that process, we found Neal, which is great for now, but even better when Adams returns. We saw how effective Adams was early on, but now we've upgraded by finding out what Neal can do.

This reminds me a bit of how we had to sub in Poona Ford due to injuries on the line and found out he was a gamer. I think that was when he made Weston Richburg (49ers center) cry because he couldn't block Ford.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
What if Neal stays on the field when Adam's comes back? He plays a better deep safety anyway. Adam's can take on the Blair role and stay around the line of scrimmage, but also help cover extra te's, rb's or recievers. That way they can both be on the field at the same time.

olyfan63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13bql2xv said:
Completely agree and suggest he could replace Hill and we'd never miss Hill.
Hill made a fantastic play at the end of the game to help seal the win vs. NE.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Neal is 6'3", with good instincts, and he's so fast, that the Seahawks are considering using him as a corner. Nice find, for sure.

D

DomeHawk

It was great watching him in his first post-game podium interview. He was so happy and you could just see the enthusiasm he possesses. Lord knows, we need him. Hope he sticks.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If it weren't for the 'locks and both wore #33 you could watch vid of each play by both Adams and Neal and it would be hard to see much difference in results. That's no knock on Adams at all, just points to how good Neal has been. Just like Adams, Neal is on it virtually every down.
Can't wait for us to have Adams and Neal on the field at the same time! Throw in Amadi and Blair and Diggs and Dunbar and Quill and we've got a downright formidable secondary crew.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I just spot-rewatched the past few games. Making sure Neal is on the field should be a huge priority. The dude is fierce, fast, decisive, and has a knack for big plays. He reminds me of Darren Sharper. On the field, I mean. Not the rapey-ness.

FPD

Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya, this kid's a fighter! Great personality for the Hawks too.