Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPNS trades they think may happen/make sense

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Just read that piece, they suggest a 3 team trade where we trade bj finney and 6th rd pick to ATL, and Hollister to Balt and in return we get Alex Mak and Tak Mckinnley. ATL would also get a 7th from balt

    Thoughts?

    adding link

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/301 ... -zach-ertz
    Last edited by gowazzu02 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1806
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 am


  • gowazzu02 wrote:Just read that piece, they suggest a 3 team trade where we trade bj finney and 6th rd pick to ATL, and Hollister to Balt and in return we get Alex Mak and Tak Mckinnley. ATL would also get a 7th from balt

    Thoughts?


    Link?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7206
    Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am
    Location: Ravenna


  • This would be crazy, but seems more logical than everyone suggesting we should have signed Clowney, Matthew's, wake etc. We usually use our trades on younger talent and not afraid to use draft capital either. Like hollister, but overall it would be a legit haul. Not sure if ravens want another te though. They seem to produce te like no ones business.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 12:36 am


  • DomeHawk wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:Just read that piece, they suggest a 3 team trade where we trade bj finney and 6th rd pick to ATL, and Hollister to Balt and in return we get Alex Mak and Tak Mckinnley. ATL would also get a 7th from balt

    Thoughts?


    Link?



    front page of nfl page on espn.com
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1806
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 am


  • I'd pass on Mack, but Takkarist is very intriguing.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3662
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • That trade would not makes sense for Seattle in any way. Mack would represent a downgrade on Pocic, with even PFF having Pocic graded higher in both run AND pass blocking this year over Mack.....never mind Mack's $8M salary that you'd have to account for. No need to break what isn't broken. Similarly, Takk McKinley would not raise the bar relative to what Seattle has at the Leo position (the only position Takk can play) in the form of Mayowa, Damontre Moore and Alton Robinson. And allocating 4 spots to Leo's (never mind Darrell Taylor's potential addition later this season) is not good roster management. Besides, what Seattle needs is a viable INTERIOR pass rushing weapon (ex: Clinton McDonald circa 2013), not another replacement-level edge rusher.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 955
    Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm


  • If they were to trade for just Takk, absolutely. A true pass rusher...….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 16151
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Does Darrell Taylor really exist or is he a figment of mass indoctrination?
    I agree these trades make no sense.
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1284
    Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:48 pm


  • NorthDallas40oz wrote:That trade would not makes sense for Seattle in any way. Mack would represent a downgrade on Pocic, with even PFF having Pocic graded higher in both run AND pass blocking this year over Mack.....never mind Mack's $8M salary that you'd have to account for. No need to break what isn't broken. Similarly, Takk McKinley would not raise the bar relative to what Seattle has at the Leo position (the only position Takk can play) in the form of Mayowa, Damontre Moore and Alton Robinson. And allocating 4 spots to Leo's (never mind Darrell Taylor's potential addition later this season) is not good roster management. Besides, what Seattle needs is a viable INTERIOR pass rushing weapon (ex: Clinton McDonald circa 2013), not another replacement-level edge rusher.


    along with every other NFL team.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5926
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


  • Takk would be nice. I think he's an upgrade over Mayowa. I wouldn't feel good about taking on Mack and his salary, only to either be a backup, or demote a perfectly capable starter.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1559
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm
    Location: San Antonio, TX


  • Hollister for Jacob Martin?
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3368
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm


  • People rely on pff way too much. Yeah pocic is playing well, but if mack came along with McKinley you would turn it down? That doesnt make sense. Ecspecially at that cost.

    I like post above. Never should have traded Martin away.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 12:36 am


  • I'd rather see what it'd take to get Fowler from Atlanta, than two average players that don't really fit anything we need......and McKinley's been hurt, he's only played 2 1/2 games this year.

    Hard pass on that trade. But I'd definitely listen to Atlanta if they're shopping Fowler, he is what we need, an effective edge rusher.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17762
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • What about Quinnen Williams?

    With the Jets putting him up for trade, is he worth it?

    Not a great pass rusher, so maybe he would just be another Snacks Harrison?

    Still, he was the #3 pick that year and he is a great run stopper.

    Maybe reuniting him with Adams makes him better?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4276
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


  • Meh.

    I'd do Jamal Adams for JJ Watt straight up. Houston wants to get younger. We're a DE away from a superbowl roster and Neal has proven capable in Adams absence.
    Own The West
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 395
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:20 pm


  • Own The West wrote:Meh.

    I'd do Jamal Adams for JJ Watt straight up. Houston wants to get younger. We're a DE away from a superbowl roster and Neal has proven capable in Adams absence.


    Jamal Adams at 24 and already a two time All Pro for an often injured 31 year old JJ Watt?

    Bro, watchoo been smokin'?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14295
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • Aros wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Meh.

    I'd do Jamal Adams for JJ Watt straight up. Houston wants to get younger. We're a DE away from a superbowl roster and Neal has proven capable in Adams absence.


    Jamal Adams at 24 and already a two time All Pro for an often injured 31 year old JJ Watt?

    Bro, watchoo been smokin'?


    Thank you for handling that, GodFodda.

    I think this team is more of a Ryan Kerrigan away from a Superb Owl. Let's make that happen. A 2nd and Jacob Hollister might do it.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6089
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 pm
    Location: UT


  • nanomoz wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    Own The West wrote:Meh.

    I'd do Jamal Adams for JJ Watt straight up. Houston wants to get younger. We're a DE away from a superbowl roster and Neal has proven capable in Adams absence.


    Jamal Adams at 24 and already a two time All Pro for an often injured 31 year old JJ Watt?

    Bro, watchoo been smokin'?


    Thank you for handling that, GodFodda.

    I think this team is more of a Ryan Kerrigan away from a Superb Owl. Let's make that happen. A 2nd and Jacob Hollister might do it.


    Honestly, I'd rather just give David Irving all of the money we can. Talented interior pass rusher who'll help take some pressure off the edge guys. Just got (conditionally) reinstated.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3662
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware




It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online