ESPNS trades they think may happen/make sense

D

DomeHawk

gowazzu02":3o1ulufq said:
Just read that piece, they suggest a 3 team trade where we trade bj finney and 6th rd pick to ATL, and Hollister to Balt and in return we get Alex Mak and Tak Mckinnley. ATL would also get a 7th from balt

Thoughts?

Link?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
This would be crazy, but seems more logical than everyone suggesting we should have signed Clowney, Matthew's, wake etc. We usually use our trades on younger talent and not afraid to use draft capital either. Like hollister, but overall it would be a legit haul. Not sure if ravens want another te though. They seem to produce te like no ones business.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
DomeHawk":b8plgc3h said:
gowazzu02":b8plgc3h said:
Just read that piece, they suggest a 3 team trade where we trade bj finney and 6th rd pick to ATL, and Hollister to Balt and in return we get Alex Mak and Tak Mckinnley. ATL would also get a 7th from balt

Thoughts?

Link?

front page of nfl page on espn.com

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
That trade would not makes sense for Seattle in any way. Mack would represent a downgrade on Pocic, with even PFF having Pocic graded higher in both run AND pass blocking this year over Mack.....never mind Mack's $8M salary that you'd have to account for. No need to break what isn't broken. Similarly, Takk McKinley would not raise the bar relative to what Seattle has at the Leo position (the only position Takk can play) in the form of Mayowa, Damontre Moore and Alton Robinson. And allocating 4 spots to Leo's (never mind Darrell Taylor's potential addition later this season) is not good roster management. Besides, what Seattle needs is a viable INTERIOR pass rushing weapon (ex: Clinton McDonald circa 2013), not another replacement-level edge rusher.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Does Darrell Taylor really exist or is he a figment of mass indoctrination?
I agree these trades make no sense.

Smellyman

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":qzs1h1ch said:
That trade would not makes sense for Seattle in any way. Mack would represent a downgrade on Pocic, with even PFF having Pocic graded higher in both run AND pass blocking this year over Mack.....never mind Mack's $8M salary that you'd have to account for. No need to break what isn't broken. Similarly, Takk McKinley would not raise the bar relative to what Seattle has at the Leo position (the only position Takk can play) in the form of Mayowa, Damontre Moore and Alton Robinson. And allocating 4 spots to Leo's (never mind Darrell Taylor's potential addition later this season) is not good roster management. Besides, what Seattle needs is a viable INTERIOR pass rushing weapon (ex: Clinton McDonald circa 2013), not another replacement-level edge rusher.

along with every other NFL team.

Erebus

Reaction score
Takk would be nice. I think he's an upgrade over Mayowa. I wouldn't feel good about taking on Mack and his salary, only to either be a backup, or demote a perfectly capable starter.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
People rely on pff way too much. Yeah pocic is playing well, but if mack came along with McKinley you would turn it down? That doesnt make sense. Ecspecially at that cost.

I like post above. Never should have traded Martin away.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd rather see what it'd take to get Fowler from Atlanta, than two average players that don't really fit anything we need......and McKinley's been hurt, he's only played 2 1/2 games this year.

Hard pass on that trade. But I'd definitely listen to Atlanta if they're shopping Fowler, he is what we need, an effective edge rusher.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What about Quinnen Williams?

With the Jets putting him up for trade, is he worth it?

Not a great pass rusher, so maybe he would just be another Snacks Harrison?

Still, he was the #3 pick that year and he is a great run stopper.

Maybe reuniting him with Adams makes him better?

Own The West

Reaction score
Meh.

I'd do Jamal Adams for JJ Watt straight up. Houston wants to get younger. We're a DE away from a superbowl roster and Neal has proven capable in Adams absence.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Own The West":21k4eqt9 said:
Meh.

I'd do Jamal Adams for JJ Watt straight up. Houston wants to get younger. We're a DE away from a superbowl roster and Neal has proven capable in Adams absence.

Jamal Adams at 24 and already a two time All Pro for an often injured 31 year old JJ Watt?

Bro, watchoo been smokin'?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Aros":3h4fj14z said:
Own The West":3h4fj14z said:
Meh.

Jamal Adams at 24 and already a two time All Pro for an often injured 31 year old JJ Watt?

Thank you for handling that, GodFodda.

I think this team is more of a Ryan Kerrigan away from a Superb Owl. Let's make that happen. A 2nd and Jacob Hollister might do it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
nanomoz":2vrpetmr said:
Aros":2vrpetmr said:
Own The West":2vrpetmr said:
Meh.

Thank you for handling that, GodFodda.

I think this team is more of a Ryan Kerrigan away from a Superb Owl. Let's make that happen. A 2nd and Jacob Hollister might do it.

Honestly, I'd rather just give David Irving all of the money we can. Talented interior pass rusher who'll help take some pressure off the edge guys. Just got (conditionally) reinstated.