NFL Turning Point: "Oh It's Going to Happen"

dbmack

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1316804687748829184[/tweet]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm glad that clip explained why Odenigbo played it like he did. I heard one comment on that play making is sound more like the Viking imploded saying Odeingbo "stopped for some reason" where it looks like what he's doing is going in under control to keep Russ from getting outsdie.

Russ has always been positive in these mic'd up moments. But when he makes comments like "they know what's going to happen", it seems to me like he's got a little more of an "edge" to him. I don't recall him referencing the other team like that. Or has he done that before?

byau

Reaction score
Just occurred to me ... Russ took off a bit earlier than he usually does on that first play. Seeing it now in this context wouldn't be surprised if Russ did it intentionally to make a statement and set the tone that..oh yeah, it's going to happen

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hgwellz12":13s4e3ba said:
...and when I say that we are absolutely BLESSED to be alive as Hawks fans right now. He's not human.

Having been a diehard from the beginning I couldn't endorse this statement any more. This is someone my great grandkid will be talking about long after I am gone.

D

DomeHawk

HawkRiderFan":ia7biigv said:
I'm glad that clip explained why Odenigbo played it like he did. I heard one comment on that play making is sound more like the Viking imploded saying Odeingbo "stopped for some reason" where it looks like what he's doing is going in under control to keep Russ from getting outsdie.

Russ has always been positive in these mic'd up moments. But when he makes comments like "they know what's going to happen", it seems to me like he's got a little more of an "edge" to him. I don't recall him referencing the other team like that. Or has he done that before?

Really good point, if Odenigbo had straight rushed it straight we probably don't get that TD but he had already been burned twice so he tried to contain first.

A perfect example of, damned if you do - damned if you don't.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Having been a Hawks fan since moving from the Midwest to the Seattle area in 1980, I grew so sick of watching Elway march his team down the field late in the game and steal away what would have been a Hawks victory... and now we have that guy in Russ.

It sure is nice to be on the other side of those heart-breaking drives... and so well-deserved for us older, faithful fans.

CPHawk

Reaction score
On that play, if DK doesn't catch it it could have been PI on the corner. Because he blows up our WR on the crossing route

OP
OP
D

dbmack

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2nio26qt said:
Thanks for posting this. There's another video on the NFL app of Russ mic'd up that covers the whole game, and when I say that we are absolutely BLESSED to be alive as Hawks fans right now. He's not human.

[youtube]ADKNwiBbV9c[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His focus and fire is just ridiculous. He had ZERO doubt they were going to win. You can't convince me that he isn't just at another level that way. Very few QB's would have won that game, period.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I think Pete and Russell are perfectly matched as coach and QB. They are incredibly similar in their mental approach and positive thinking, and that attitude has spread throughout the team.