The Closer

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the new nickname I am going with for Russ this year.

DangeRuss is a classic obviously, but after witnessing what may be considered one of the finest 4th quarter drives to win a football game in history this year against the Vikings, it just seems right.

There are so many ways to describe Russell Wilson this season. The superlatives and adjectives abound.

Right now, the one that comes to the forefront is:

The Closer.

Nobody in the business can do it better right now. I said it in another thread and I mean it with every fiber of my being:

Not Aaron Rodgers, not Tom Brady, not Patrick Mahomes, not Lamar Jackson...

There's only ONE QB in the NFL I would take if my life depended on it, to go 94 yards inside of 2 minutes to win the football game.

Russell Wilson.

The Closer.

FPD

Reaction score
I actually kind of like it. He sure has earned it.

However, if you google "pro football" & "the closer", the first entry is a Patriot: Duron Harmon.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Who?

Russ is The Closer this year.

TypeSly

Reaction score
I have actually heard that one a few times this season. I like it, but I'm not sure Russ would. I can imagine that name giving defences a lot more fire to stop him. Plus probably lots of extra chirpping, if he gets stopped.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I can get on with this. I tried unsuccessfully in his first year to get my friends to call him Five-Eighths since so much was made about his height and his combine measurement was 5’ 10-5/8”. Dunno if I’d rule out prime Brady, he did it to a generational defense in the SB, but right now I’d go with good Five-Eighths.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I get a kick out of rah-rah stuff and you're pretty good at it Aros. :irishdrinkers: Fun is what it's all about.
For the time being I think DangeRuss is close enough, but when HOF comes calling The Closer might work as a spiffy tag line for the statue! :2thumbs:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
"ABC; Always Be Closing"

"Leads are for closers"

-GlennRussell Glen Wilson