Russ on Bill Simmons

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
WOW, that was amazing. Thanks for linking that. I am a very hyper active impatient guy and I never just sit and listen to that long of interview. I loved every minute of it...great stuff.

Also, huge kudos to Bill Simmons for knowing we are tuning in to listen to his guest and not him. So many interviewers feel we need to hear from them constantly but he is willing to just sit and let Russ talk without interruption.....HUGE.

Back to Russ, loved the preparation and process talk as well as his descriptions of events like SB48 coin toss from his perspective. :2thumbs:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Yep. Great. I didn't really have the time to do it, but did it anyway. Once you get it started you can't stop. It's too good.
Russ's 99 spot with DK during his Griff show the other day was the same way,
Does it get better during a bye week?

HawkerD

Reaction score
Russ is now a full fledged superstar/celebrity in the league. Saw him on First Take last week. They were paying hime homage. The Pete Ciscos of the world have gone under a rock when it comes to Russell Wilson. They wanted him to fail so badly so they could say "i told you so." That will not be the case. I am not sure if he gets many more rings as that is tough to accomplish but he will be top a 3 QB for the next 6+ years.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I made the time to listen to this & was not disappointed. A fantastic interview.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It really was. If any of you are on the fence devoting time to this, stop it. It's worth the time.

SE174

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1umk2kj2 said:
Yep. Great. I didn't really have the time to do it, but did it anyway. Once you get it started you can't stop. It's too good.
Russ's 99 spot with DK during his Griff show the other day was the same way,
Does it get better during a bye week?

Yes: Rams and Packers lost. :lol:

FPD

Reaction score
Absolutely awesome interview!

As others have said, if you're waiting to listen to it...stop waiting

Talk about a candid Russ too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Has everyone seen Russ Mic'd up on Seahawks Saturday? He is so incredibly fired up, focuses, calm, all of it.
People call him a Robot, WRONG. Watch it and you will see nothing but a very intense and vocal leader. Was pretty funny hearing him drop F bombs like crazy at the end. He even talks about how they are gonna' get a TD to make it 13-7, then get a turnover and take the lead. Of course, that happened. Then when they got the big 4th down stop, he kept saying "They already know what's gonna' happen."
So good.

OP
OP
hgwellz12

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
SoulfishHawk":2bhrbygq said:
Has everyone seen Russ Mic'd up on Seahawks Saturday? He is so incredibly fired up, focuses, calm, all of it.
People call him a Robot, WRONG. Watch it and you will see nothing but a very intense and vocal leader. Was pretty funny hearing him drop F bombs like crazy at the end. He even talks about how they are gonna' get a TD to make it 13-7, then get a turnover and take the lead. Of course, that happened. Then when they got the big 4th down stop, he kept saying "They already know what's gonna' happen."
So good.

Yeah, that shit legitimately gave me goosebumps getting a peek inside his head IN GAME, and how he literally VISUALIZES things. I wish I could afford a Trevor Moawad level mental coach. He is easily one of Russell's best investments.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His desire to win is next level. How many QB's can say TRULY get better when the game is on the line? I've said it a thousand times, but he is clearly one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL. Period.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":219hoz9d said:
His desire to win is next level. How many QB's can say TRULY get better when the game is on the line? I've said it a thousand times, but he is clearly one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL. Period.

I wish we weren't quite so often in positions where he has to close out the game with heroics.

Yet if we weren't in those positions, we'd never see so deeply into that corner of his makeup, the clutch gene at work.

pmedic920

Reaction score
For whatever my opinion is worth, find a way to give this interview a listen.

It’s 50 mins but worth every one of them.

I understand that it’s tough for some to just sit down for an hour to listen to something like this but get it done.

Even if you listen in a couple sessions during your drive time.

jman316

Reaction score
I really enjoyed that, as many have already said.

It was painful when he mentioned that we should/could have won 3 SuperBowls... ooof.

sc85sis

Reaction score
jman316":1hfbysb1 said:
I really enjoyed that, as many have already said.

It was painful when he mentioned that we should/could have won 3 SuperBowls... ooof.
We can place some blame on Pete and his coaches for that. But we also need to acknowledge that some players not named Russell Wilson were not able to move past the loss to the Patriots, and that affected the team both in the locker room and on the field.

At any rate, the Hawks have still had an incredible run of success since 2012 (second only to the Pats), and I honestly think we are seeing what has the potential to be another REALLY good run in the next few years (maybe even this year).