Seahawks off season grade very very good!

tersal

Reaction score
Stay with me team this is a little involved. Many of us myself included were disappointed the team did not splurge for pass rushing help. Instead the team splurged on one year stop gap players. The exceptions being Adams and possibly Dunbar. They have Adams still on two years of his rookie contract Dunbar may prove to emerge as a high quality corner however, right now he is not a huge cap hit. Now looking at how this season is unfolding that may have been genius a genius approach for the recent off season. Reasons are below:

First and foremost this NFL season is proving to be a sham Scheduled games getting postponed, football on Tuesday, the Patriots had a near impossible scenario to play a game with just two days practice. How would any of us like the Hawks having that scenario emerge. We most likely will see more of this, key players missing practice and games due to false positives of Covid-19 testing. This season has an asterisk larger than any strike season ever had or will.

I would say the probability of this season not getting completed is far from zero.

With that said the team has many key contracts after the season that must get addressed. Carson, Griffen, Diggs, Pocic and Dunbar are all in contract years. This is still a young team in Superbowl contention.

As for the pass rush the team can utilize this asterick season to evaluate the young defensive ends Coliier (showing slow yet consistent improvement) Robinson (excellent flashes could very well emerge as the future Leo) Taylor and Green to be determined. Perhaps the defensive end will solution emerge from within. Also free agent pickups like Bullard and Moore both recording a sack against the Vikes. may emerge as well.

The logic is why splurge and go in to salary cap hell for a sham of an NFL season that may not even get completed when so many young players on a legitimate super bowl contender require contracts.

Should the team win the Superbowl we will rejoice yet this season still has some fraudulence to it.

Also I just recalled they are undefeated at 5-0.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oh, the the answer to your question is complex but to me critical with RW’s last deal. However that sad reality was evident with Harvin, Graham, Richardson and several others..

None of those deals bore any real fruit.

GemCity

Reaction score
I was vibing…until you mentioned Collier and completely discredited everything you posted.