D

DomeHawk

I'm not a big fan of stats but I thought it was kinda interestin:

"fun with numbers/stats:

Seattle has faced the following defenses (rank is Yards per Game surrendered):

ATL 31, NE 18, DAL 27, MIA 9, MIN 28 -- Avg: 22.6

Seattle has faced the following offenses (Yards per game gained):

4,13,1,22,14 -- Avg: 10.8

Id argue their offense is a bit overrated given the quality of the defenses they have faced, and their defense probably isnt as bad as advertised

same figures for the Cardinals:

defenses faced:

SF 5, WFT 6, DET 21, CAR 11, NYJ 20 DAL 27 Avg: 15

offenses faced:

16, 32, 24, 11, 30, 1 AVG: 24.5

this passes my eye test: the defense is likely overrated rank wise given the offenses they have faced."

- football karma

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum ... 20.372826/

TypeSly

Reaction score
I hate reality... but the reality is, that we are still 5-0. I just think with a few tweaks to our D, we can keep going on being an NFL powerhouse. If we make zero changes, I'm not as confident. "Let Russ Cook" has been a saviour for the season so far.

Maulbert

Reaction score
One thing I'll give Cardinals fans: they are typically far more realistic than Whiner or Lamb fans. Easily the fanbase amongst our divisional foes I like the most.

I miss ringless. I wonder if he's still lurking around here.

AlciG

Reaction score
Maulbert":3pw8vq10 said:
One thing I'll give Cardinals fans: they are typically far more realistic than Whiner or Lamb fans. Easily the fanbase amongst our divisional foes I like the most.

And the Cardinals are the only other NFC West team I wouldn't hate to see win the SB. I admire Larry Fitzgerald and would love to see him win a ring.

seabowl

Reaction score
AlciG":1lgq7ydf said:
Maulbert":1lgq7ydf said:

And the Cardinals are the only other NFC West team I wouldn't hate to see win the SB. I admire Larry Fitzgerald and would love to see him win a ring.

Agree with Fitz. Trust me though if the Cards started winning consistently you probably would start to dislike them as well.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

AlciG":qxwnhzl9 said:
Maulbert":qxwnhzl9 said:

Screw the Cards. That board openly rooted against us in SB 49 and wildly celebrated "The Call" when we lost. I was there almost all week and Cardinals fans treated us like shyt.

Smellyman

Reaction score
or those defenses are ranked lower since they faced the Hawks and those offenses are better since they faced the hawks.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Smellyman":ptknxnit said:
or those defenses are ranked lower since they faced the Hawks and those offenses are better since they faced the hawks.

Yeah, and that's why I don't like stats but it's still kind of interesting.

chet380

Reaction score
Deandre, Old Larry, Christian Kirk with a good QB -- lotsa problems there.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Watching how fast Murray was when he ran on Monday concerned me. Our front 7 will have their hands full keeping up. On that note, good to here Brooks practised today

Polk738

Reaction score
Something I thought about today in regards to the defense. I was watching Skip Brainless whine about how much his Cowboys suck mainly the defense an he went on about how historically bad it was. Sound familiar? Of course he started bringing up a lot of the players on that D-line an how they had quite a few pro bowlers, Demarcus Lawrence, Everson Griffin, Dontari Poe, Aldon Smith, and of course Jaylon Smith an Vanderesch in the LB corps-on paper they have a talented front 7 but it definitely isn't showing on the field. D-Law is the highest paid DE in the league at $21 million a year but his stats so far are laughable for someone getting paid that much.
Griffin who a lot of us really wanted the Seahawks to sign in FA hasn't done much better at 1.5 sacks thru 6 games. Aldon Smith has been a pretty good pickup for them but he obviously hasn't been a game changer by any means. My point with this tho is the Seahawks didn't really break the bank on bringing a pro-bowler to this D-line an it's obviously been better than what the Cowboys tried to do-Yes the Hawks defense still obviously needs A LOT of work but think about how good it's been against the run overall and the turnovers it's created at the perfect times with mainly a bunch of nobodies. Just something to think about.