Ngakoue to the Ravens

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Man, the Ravens swiped Ngakoue from Minny for a 3rd and a conditional 5th. What a steal. Why are we not on that? It's frustrating that I'm hearing about AB, a position where we are already stacked, and we are letting guys like Ngakoue get passed us at a position where we desperately need help. He would have been perfect.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3n5a3pd7 said:
Man, the Ravens swiped Ngakoue from Minny for a 3rd and a conditional 5th. What a steal. Why are we not on that? It's frustrating that I'm hearing about AB, a position where we are already stacked, and we are letting guys like Ngakoue get passed us at a position where we desperately need help. He would have been perfect.

I guess we need another WR

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
yeah, clearly DK, Lock, DMoe, Swain, Dorsett, and Gordon aren't enough. SMH

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There's a reason for why the Vikings traded him for less than it took them to acquire him. His demands were probably too high. Which is probably why the Seahawks didn't get him in the first place.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would have loved to see him added. However, there are 30 other teams that didn't make this deal. Just sayin, but for a 3rd and 5th, that's a really solid add for the Ravens. And no, I'm not trying to start an argument.
Just pointing out that it's not just the Hawks who didn't swoop him up.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":23gzuj2n said:

Well for a start, we are already down our 1st and 3rd in this years draft.

So if a 3rd was required, it would have to be one next year, and the draft chart usually kicks up 1 rd due to the wait, so instead of a 3 it would require a 2. And again next year we're already down our 1... soooooooo there's your answer.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Not to sound like a broken record, but all of this, "why couldn't the Hawks have offered a slightly better trade," presupposes that the player is willing to play for us.

The more of these trades that happen, the more I believe that Seattle is not a desired destination for D-Line guys.

As much as I believe that the Hawks are just 1 to 2 pieces away from being the best in the NFL, if today I had to put money on which team is more likely to make the Super Bowl, Hawks or Ravens, I'm going with the Ravens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, can't trade what you don't have. Still a bummer though, he sure could help this D-Line. Oh well, it happens.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1fj6peue said:
Not to sound like a broken record, but all of this, "why couldn't the Hawks have offered a slightly better trade," presupposes that the player is willing to play for us.

The more of these trades that happen, the more I believe that Seattle is not a desired destination for D-Line guys.

As much as I believe that the Hawks are just 1 to 2 pieces away from being the best in the NFL, if today I had to put money on which team is more likely to make the Super Bowl, Hawks or Ravens, I'm going with the Ravens.

I highly doubt that.

Also, I don't think Yannick had any say in the matter. Balt offered the best deal, the vikes took it.

OP
OP
F

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
The Ravens have an excellent defense. That's for sure. We however, do not. At least, not yet.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
gowazzu02":25460wjc said:
I highly doubt that.

Also, I don't think Yannick had any say in the matter. Balt offered the best deal, the vikes took it.

Clowney, Ngakoue, Griffen... All have had some degree of discussion with the Seahawks in 2020. All have signed elsewhere. We got one-trick Snacks off the scrap heap.

Does a player have a final say in where he get traded? Yes and no. Obviously the team that has him under contract is free to trade him to whoever they like, but trade partners can get permission to discuss terms with the player, and modify their offer based on the likelihood of the player's demands.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Would have loved to have had him at that price, but even at that price we've used up a lot of draft capital in getting Adams. I guess it could have been worth it to say screw it and go 100% in

massari

Reaction score
The Seahawks passed up on a great pass rusher for a 3rd rd pick, who would only have a $5M cap hit (prorated). lol What are they doing? Throw in an extra mid rd pick with the 3rd to get it done ffs.

RCATES

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":l1tb8ome said:

Because we would have no draft picks next year until the 6th round. That's why.

RCATES

Reaction score
bigskydoc":28yrvmox said:

Yes I too believe balance is very important for a team to be a contender. This is why I don't consider Hawks in this conversation. KC's defense is also greatly improved this year.

rcaido

Reaction score
Not sure why the Seahawks didn't do 5th round rental. Im sure if Ngakoue leaves he would get a 3rd round comp.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jquu3u6 said:
Would have loved to see him added. However, there are 30 other teams that didn't make this deal. Just sayin, but for a 3rd and 5th, that's a really solid add for the Ravens. And no, I'm not trying to start an argument.
Just pointing out that it's not just the Hawks who didn't swoop him up.
Got to wonder why the Vikings were willing to cut him loose for so little a return, and NONE of the NFC West teams scooped him up either, lots of questions, not many answers.

LTH

Reaction score
If the Seahawks had a chance to snag this guy and it made sense to them they would have done it... Clearly either they didn't have the chance or there was some kind of an obstacle that prevented them from making the signing... we Don't know cause nobody is talking about it...

LTH

Osprey

Reaction score
rcaido":2z3srmwt said:
Not sure why the Seahawks didn't do 5th round rental. Im sure if Ngakoue leaves he would get a 3rd round comp.
No guarantees there, case in point one J. Clowney.