Adams Did Not Practice yesterday

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The plan was to rest him, get to the bye, and then get him back for this game.

He not practicing is worrisome, groin injuries can linger.

On one hand we don't want to rush him back and reaggrivate it, but on the other hand we handed out two first round picks for him!!!

I know we wont bring him back until he's ready but I was really hoping he'd be around to chase down Murrey.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
lets wait and see if he practices today or tomorrow. He's the kind of guy that doesn't need much practice to get out there. Pete might be hiding the ball a bit here so AZ doesn't know whether to prep for him or not. But if he is out, I assume he's back week 8.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"groin injuries can linger"
Fact!
He won't be ready until he's ready. Push it too soon and he could be out for a long time in terms of a single season. And the longer he's out the longer it will take to get back to 100% game ready.

RCATES

Reaction score
Yikes. I'm hearing rumblings of him having a setback. 2 first round picks :shock:

D

DomeHawk

It's a long season, everyone acknowledges we are going to need him down the stretch, not the time to throw caution to the wind.

LTH

Reaction score
It could be that Carroll is just not wanting to tip his hand as the cards would have to game plan for JA...Not to say the cards wont game plan for him anyway but....

LTH

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
At this point why are you hung up on the draft picks. Injuries happen...are you suggesting the 2 first rounders should make him invincible?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":38q5u3e6 said:
At this point why are you hung up on the draft picks. Injuries happen...are you suggesting the 2 first rounders should make him invincible?

Because when you give up two first rounders, it's essentially "mortgaging your future to win now" or "putting all your eggs in one basket". When he's not playing, you are NOT getting the production you traded away for right now, and when it comes draft time you lost those draft picks for the future. So it does matter, it's gambling and the longer Adams is away due to injury the more the Hawks lose that gamble. Especially if a game is lost and you can't help but wonder what his impact would have been to possibly turn that L to a W.

LTH

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ho7dpt7 said:
Flyingsquad23":3ho7dpt7 said:

Because when you give up two first rounders, it's essentially "mortgaging your future to win now" or "putting all your eggs in one basket". When he's not playing, you are NOT getting the production you traded away for right now, and when it comes draft time you lost those draft picks for the future. So it does matter, it's gambling and the longer Adams is away due to injury the more the Hawks lose that gamble. Especially if a game is lost and you can't help but wonder what his impact would have been to possibly turn that L to a W.

That's a good point but.... It's better to make sure he is right rather than throw him out there only to reinjure and deal with a nagging injury all season...

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":30eewwph said:
ZagHawk":30eewwph said:
Flyingsquad23":30eewwph said:

That's a good point but.... It's better to make sure he is right rather than throw him out there only to reinjure and deal with a nagging injury all season...

LTH

I agree with that, you don't want to rush a player back from injury only to have them unavailable for a much longer period of time. I think the only time it's worth considering, is in the playoffs especially if it's something like the SB and if it's NOT your QB. Like if it were a case he was not 100% but still better than the next guy up and you're already in the SB, then you play him because you don't know when/if you're coming back. If it's a game in the playoffs you have to make choices like how much longer until he's 100%, do we have a a chance to get to the next game without him, do we even have a REALISTIC shot for the championship with or without him. But at this current time with the 5-0 record where you can afford a loss or two (just hopeufully not to a divisional opponent), if he's just a game or two out from being 100%. Agreed rest him, and bring him back with limited snaps only for the first game or so.

RCATES

Reaction score
Jamal Adams says on his weekly appearance on UNINTERRUPTED’s ‘17 Weeks’ Podcast on SiriusXM/Pandora his body is "feeling good'' but doesn't put a timetable on his return. ...

Here's his full quote: “Body’s feeling good, man. I’m starting to get my step. I’m starting to get back to me. I know my body. God’s timing is the best timing so I’m not even going to put a ‘when I will return’ or whatever it is. ....
... For me it’s like, I’ll let Coach address the injury and stuff like that. I don’t get into that because I’m focused on something else. I’ll let him make the shots. We’re on the same team, we have our opinions, and we come up with the conclusion together.”

I'm a glass half-empty type of guy as most of you already know lol but this doesn't sound good at all to me. I have a bad feeling this guy wants way too much money and we may have given up 2 first round picks for a 4 game rental.

Own The West

Reaction score
We're 5-0 and Neal's been playing well. Do you want Adams on the field right now because we traded two firsts for him?

I would prefer he gets 100% and finishes the season strong. We'll have plenty of guys playing hurt by the time the playoffs roll around.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Groin strains are not like other injuries where you can suck it up and play, it needs to be 100% so there's no chance of making it worse and being out even longer next time.

So I HIGHLY doubt Adam's is back Sunday. He's going to be held out another week or two, which is smart at 5-0. No reason to rush him back and risk making the groin worse.

We all get that he'd be perfect to spy Murray, but it'd be shortsighted.

RCATES

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1e9e2hz3 said:

It's no secret my disgust with the moves this FO has made the last 5 years. I believe Adams is going to want a ridiculous amount of money in his next contract especially the guarantee's which could set this Franchise back years. I honestly don't think Seattle will be able to or want to meet his price tag. Now with his injury it just makes the trade look really bad. Of course you couldn't predict injuries but you could have avoided being in this situation to begin with which seems to keep happening for this team.

chrispy

Reaction score
1)If he misses a few games because of injury, contract negotiations will be a little lower.
2)It sure sounds like his sideline coaching and film study has helped Neal make a step change in effectiveness.

No one wishes an injury on any player, certainly not me. Of course the team is better with Adams on the field. But, if he's out, there are a couple silver linings that could end up helping the team without costing too much in the next couple games. We'll just have to wait and see but I'm hopeful he's back soon, Neal continues to surprise and Adams gets a high-but-reasonable longterm contract.

I sure hope the FO isn't negotiating a contract when he has multiple pick 6s in the SuperBowl. Much better to just do it now.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Groin injuries are a bitc*.

I had one & came back too soon & did it again 2nd game back & it ended my hockey playing days since I could no longer skate well enough to be competitive.

I tried to make a comeback in just beer league 5 years later & did it again only worse to the point that I have to be careful about aggravating it or it will be surgery for me.

Momofantv

Reaction score
Worst trade in the history of Seahawks, dude is going to bail out of here for money when we don’t give it to him after this season. When he does John needs fired for this, hire someone the dude from the ravens have trained

olyfan63

Reaction score
Oh Chit, the sky is falling!

Adams wants to be here. He'll be back when he's 100% and ball out. He'll help us win the key games and the playoffs. He'll sign on for more seasons. Just breathe. Do we really want him playing on that career-ending field right now anyway?

TypeSly

Reaction score
I remember having a minor groin tweak in Hockey one season. It felt like it healed by the next week. The assistant coach talked my coach into resting me an extra week. I was so p!ssed at him and didn't talk to him for a whole week. Sure enough, Coach kept me out of the lineup for an extra week. After resting an extra week, I re-injured it (worse) on my first game back... and was out for the rest of the season. I've had more serious injuries, and always came back ahead of schedule, but that groin injury I will remember for the rest of my life. It's a really touchy, unpredictable injury. It's basically just tendons, which we don't really feel until it's damaged.

So I'm all for keeping on the safe side on this one. JA is such an important player, and at 5-0 I think we can live an extra week without him to be extra cautious.

RCATES

Reaction score
Didn’t practice yesterday either. Definitely had a set back in rehab. Surgery could be coming which would end his season and make this trade another disaster for Seattle.