If i was russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momofantv

Reaction score
I would be asking for a trade next year, hes wanted AB now hes going to go help tom win his 7th SB and Russell will see him torching our D in the playoffs

Rat

Reaction score
He has spoken positively about AB, but I’m pretty sure this isn’t the hill he would let his Seahawks career and legacy die on.

OP
OP
M

Momofantv

Reaction score
im sure he wants superbowl wins, hes not getting one here ever again until they listen to him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":1ayw1i48 said:
I would be asking for a trade next year, hes wanted AB now hes going to go help tom win his 7th SB and Russell will see him torching our D in the playoffs

Whatever you say, Antonio Brown's burner account.

Rat

Reaction score
Momofantv":3a3v1c78 said:
im sure he wants superbowl wins, hes not getting one here ever again until they listen to him.
Didn’t we basically just switch from the league’s heaviest run-based offense to the most pass-happy one because of him?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rat":22bbfvxw said:
Momofantv":22bbfvxw said:
Didn’t we basically just switch from the league’s heaviest run-based offense to the most pass-happy one because of him?

Yes. We are witnessing one of, if not the most, pass happy offenses in the league right now. Two star-level wide receivers, good tight ends, and a near top 10 offensive line.

Russell is on pace to set several passing records this year.

Decimation

Reaction score
This feels like a huge overreaction. Why would Wilson leave the team because some troubled player potentially will decide to sign elsewhere? What logic is that man. I would be happy to add a talent like that to the team, but we’re 5-0 without a player like Antonio Brown. His record is terrible as a person from what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

OP
OP
M

Momofantv

Reaction score
Decimation":3omim2pu said:
This feels like a huge overreaction. Why would Wilson leave the team because some troubled player potentially will decide to sign elsewhere? What logic is that man. I would be happy to add a talent like that to the team, but we’re 5-0 without a player like Antonio Brown. His record is terrible as a person from what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

Does AB help us win? yes or no

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":3q52q95k said:
Decimation":3q52q95k said:

Does AB help us win? yes or no

A resounding "maybe." It's not like this move would be without risk to a team that is already playing fantastic offense via the air.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Momofantv":1i6n5b7g said:

Do you seriously believe the difference between the winning of a SB, or not, is dependent upon one wide receiver? Really?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3puro5dv said:
Momofantv":3puro5dv said:

Do you seriously believe the difference between the winning of a SB, or not, is dependent upon one wide receiver? Really?

Looking at Tampa Bay, they have the best starting receivers in the league in Evans, Godwin, and Scotty Miller, who has been playing quite well. I'm really not sure how people would see this as an uber-transformative move for them.

OP
OP
M

Momofantv

Reaction score
LymonHawk":losr605e said:
Momofantv":losr605e said:

We aren’t getting a DE so this was the best option we had of adding a talented player that’s a FA

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":1ta7jpvn said:
LymonHawk":1ta7jpvn said:
Momofantv":1ta7jpvn said:

We aren’t getting a DE so this was the best option we had of adding a talented player that’s a FA

And that's why you'd request a trade from a team that has surrounded you with talent, paid you handsomely, and is currently undefeated with the most QB-centric passing attack in the league? With your entire 8 years in the league being winning seasons?

Make it make sense

ivotuk

Reaction score
If I was Russell, I'd be pissed at Brown, because it sounds to me like Antonio led him on. JMO.
'
I'm predicting AB starts to melt down week after 12.

OP
OP
M

Momofantv

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":xpc4i8mf said:
Momofantv":xpc4i8mf said:
LymonHawk":xpc4i8mf said:
Momofantv":xpc4i8mf said:

And that's why you'd request a trade from a team that has surrounded you with talent, paid you handsomely, and is currently undefeated with the most QB-centric passing attack in the league? With your entire 8 years in the league being winning seasons?

Make it make sense

He’s not winning a super bowl anytime soon here we don’t have the players for it, guess who now has the last missing piece Tom Brady for his 7th

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":29gj7g1t said:
Maelstrom787":29gj7g1t said:
Momofantv":29gj7g1t said:
LymonHawk":29gj7g1t said:

Make it make sense

He’s not winning a super bowl anytime soon here we don’t have the players for it, guess who now has the last missing piece Tom Brady for his 7th

Receiving talent is hardly the bottleneck of Tampa's offensive attack. The targets for AB have to come from somewhere, so how much would they really be gaining by feeding him balls that would've gone to one of Evans, Godwin, or Miller in his stead?

Probably not that much. Certainly doesn't even close to guarantee them a championship.

OP
OP
M

Momofantv

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":17uijkfj said:
Momofantv":17uijkfj said:
Maelstrom787":17uijkfj said:
Momofantv":17uijkfj said:

Make it make sense

Receiving talent is hardly the bottleneck of Tampa's offensive attack. The targets for AB have to come from somewhere, so how much would they really be gaining by feeding him balls that would've gone to one of Evans, Godwin, or Miller in his stead?

Probably not that much. Certainly doesn't even close to guarantee them a championship.

Who’s better than Tampa I’m the NFC atm? Surely not Us, we don’t have anyone to cover them... yes he takes targets but he also makes another person to cover so now you can’t double any of their WRs so zone or man has to be the thing then you have a good RB in rojo who’s proving he’s good and then a TE in gronk who isn’t gronk of old but seems to be getting near 75% which makes him a top 5 TE in the league if he’s 75% or his old self when he was the best TE to play the game

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":1w2wx8p0 said:
Maelstrom787":1w2wx8p0 said:
Momofantv":1w2wx8p0 said:
Maelstrom787":1w2wx8p0 said:

Make it make sense

Who’s better than Tampa I’m the NFC atm? Surely not Us, we don’t have anyone to cover them... yes he takes targets but he also makes another person to cover so now you can’t double any of their WRs so zone or man has to be the thing then you have a good RB in rojo who’s proving he’s good and then a TE in gronk who isn’t gronk of old but seems to be getting near 75% which makes him a top 5 TE in the league if he’s 75% or his old self when he was the best TE to play the game

If we don't have anyone to cover them now, then we didn't have anyone to cover the best WR trio in the league of Evans/Godwin/Miller. The problem has not changed, and if it has, it's only slightly harder. Those receivers are each highly efficient players who are among the best in DYAR. Antonio Brown does not change that. Again, AB's targets have to come from somewhere, and if he's getting fed balls that were already going to receivers who are getting open consistently, this changes precisely nothing.

Seattle is going to have to outgun them and win the turnover battle. That was always the case. If Tampa Bay was so infallible, they'd be undefeated. They're not.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PS: Take a wild stab at the team who had the highest scoring offense in the league, and is currently only 8 points behind Tampa Bay with 1 game less played?

Hint: Look at the top of the website

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Momofantv":3a07063s said:
Can we keep Russ now that AB signed with TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.