Adams out - Brooks in

TraderGary

Reaction score
Just watched the Friday PC presser. Carroll said Adams is really close but they want to give him one more week. Expecting him to practice next week and hopefully will be on the field against the Niners.

Said Brooks had a great week and looked full speed. Will definitely play and expects him to play considerably. Pete sounded excited about him.

That's great news. We're going to need Brooks speed against Kyler. In reading between the lines, I believe Brooks will get the start ahead of Barton. Pete's words to that question were "you'll have to wait and see".

Here's the link if you want to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6OQ-wgj3_0

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TraderGary":xw701iux said:
Just watched the Friday PC presser. Carroll said Adams is really close but they want to give him one more week. Expecting him to practice next week and hopefully will be on the field against the Niners.

Said Brooks had a great week and looked full speed. Will definitely play and expects him to play considerably. Pete sounded excited about him.

That's great news. We're going to need Brooks speed against Kyler. In reading between the lines, I believe Brooks will get the start ahead of Barton. Pete's words to that question were "you'll have to wait and see".

Brooks is really everything you'd want to see in a linebacker prospect. Can play the run, rush the passer, drop into coverage, shoot gaps, has speed, has smarts... I'm excited to see him suit up. It's all a matter of getting him snaps so that he can get used to the game speed and start putting it together.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3uvoy0ra said:
TraderGary":3uvoy0ra said:

Brooks is really everything you'd want to see in a linebacker prospect. Can play the run, rush the passer, drop into coverage, shoot gaps, has speed, has smarts... I'm excited to see him suit up. It's all a matter of getting him snaps so that he can get used to the game speed and start putting it together.

Yes I'm excited to see what he brings to the table as well. Didn't get to see much of him before he got hurt. I know people are still pissed about us taking Brooks over Queen, which I was curious about as well. But the jury is still out on that as far as I'm concerned.

Forgot to mention in my original post, apparently Snacks Harrison is not ready yet. Pete said they're still trying to work him into game shape. Damn, he must have really come in out of shape. Apparently too many "snacks". :lol:

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
I believe that Brooks played spy against Kyler Murray when Texas Tech played Oklahoma. Maybe used the same with at least some familiarity. Brooks speed can’t hurt and Neal is playing great so I’m glad Jamal Adams has time to FULLY heal. Groin injuries last forever if you don’t baby it. Rather have him for the big games ahead and the playoffs. That’s the luxury a 5-0 start gives ya.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unless that i9s his soul assignment I doubt you make Brooks a spy and play a role in the defense otherwise, he has hardly played yet, we have Safeties that we can use in a role as run and spy support that are more adept in the defense.

I know it's a bubble burst, but you don't put a guy with limited practice on a #1 WR either if you have a choice.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think having Adam’s not playing in this game may be the difference in winning and losing against the cardinals team.
Hope I’m wrong.

FPD

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3v1jmpj7 said:
I think having Adam’s not playing in this game may be the difference in winning and losing against the cardinals team.
Hope I’m wrong.
Yeah, same here man, same here. I got a bad feeling about this game. :tardssmall:

edit: And I really like Neal too. It's just, he's not Adams.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21yq0b1t said:
Hope I’m wrong.

Adams is the prefect Murray eraser. Also felt like Adams will handle Kittle well.

If we were not coming off the Bye and AZ was not coming off a big MNF win I think we would be taking an L. Right now I think this one is too close to call.

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
chris98251":31n5uk0z said:
Unless that i9s his soul assignment I doubt you make Brooks a spy and play a role in the defense otherwise, he has hardly played yet, we have Safeties that we can use in a role as run and spy support that are more adept in the defense.

I know it's a bubble burst, but you don't put a guy with limited practice on a #1 WR either if you have a choice.

True but spying a QB as a LB isn’t too far a stretch on some down and distance situational moments. His speed will help I think.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
chris98251":3iy51qlb said:

Wasn't thinking of Brooks as a spy. Was just thinking his speed will be an asset in pursuit.

ivotuk

Reaction score
TraderGary":10rre8ab said:
chris98251":10rre8ab said:

Wasn't thinking of Brooks as a spy. Was just thinking his speed will be an asset in pursuit.

I see Jordyn Brooks as the perfect Spy against Kyler Murray. Brooks is sudden, fast, and I believe, quick enough to bring down Murray.

This is just my opinion, but I think it might be easier on a Rookie to get such an assignment. Study Kyler's tape from College and the NFL to look for running habits and "tells," and then watch him. The biggest thing Jordyn needs to learn, IMHO, is to identify where the ball is.

When they drafted Brooks, I thought it was part of the plan to win in the NFCW where teams run the ball and use lots of motion, or "Pullers" as BWagz calls them.

OP
OP
T

TraderGary

Reaction score
ivotuk":zvvd56dg said:
TraderGary":zvvd56dg said:
chris98251":zvvd56dg said:

I see Jordyn Brooks as the perfect Spy against Kyler Murray. Brooks is sudden, fast, and I believe, quick enough to bring down Murray.

This is just my opinion, but I think it might be easier on a Rookie to get such an assignment. Study Kyler's tape from College and the NFL to look for running habits and "tells," and then watch him. The biggest thing Jordyn needs to learn, IMHO, is to identify where the ball is.

When they drafted Brooks, I thought it was part of the plan to win in the NFCW where teams run the ball and use lots of motion, or "Pullers" as BWagz calls them.
You may very well be right but I was thinking they may bring one of the safeties up to be the spy, similar to what they were doing with Adams before he got hurt.