Interesting tidbits ahead of Sunday

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Only two teams have played more press coverage than AZ and DK leads the league with 303 yds against press coverage.

That and Kyler Murray’s passer rating goes from 102.1 against man down to 80.8 Against zone. Seattle leads the league running zone 80.2% of the time.

Seems like two big tendencies in our favor. Maybe the defense looks a little better this week. Brooks playing is great as he played spy against Kyler when Texas Tech played Oklahoma. His speed and familiarity are nice additions to the defense this week.

Fade

Reaction score
3-2-16-4-6":nl8ekzo5 said:
Only two teams have played more press coverage than AZ and DK leads the league with 303 yds against press coverage.

That and Kyler Murray’s passer rating goes from 102.1 against man down to 80.8 Against zone. Seattle leads the league running zone 80.2% of the time.

Seems like two big tendencies in our favor. Maybe the defense looks a little better this week. Brooks playing is great as he played spy against Kyler when Texas Tech played Oklahoma. His speed and familiarity are nice additions to the defense this week.

Cool tidbits, thanks for sharing.

I hope they put Shaquem out there on 3rd downs to spy Kyler. If they don't consistently spy Kyler on passing downs, I will be beside myself.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
there's this

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1320099421854416896[/tweet]

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Was it the ugly game in Seattle last year that Petterson had a good day covering DK? I can't see it happening again.

OP
OP

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Fade":36hye2zq said:
3-2-16-4-6":36hye2zq said:

Cool tidbits, thanks for sharing.

I hope they put Shaquem out there on 3rd downs to spy Kyler. If they don't consistently spy Kyler on passing downs, I will be beside myself.

Absolutely. 5 games with a rushed and passing TD. Have to account for the running. He’s shifty! But we have the speed with both Brooks and Shaquem. I just have a feeling coming out of the bye the defense will look tighter and a bit more normal. I’d settle for average!

rcaido

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3npidcf8 said:
Was it the ugly game in Seattle last year that Petterson had a good day covering DK? I can't see it happening again.

We lost Penny a week before and then we lost Carson during the Cardinals game....No Chandler Jones for them too this game...This should be an easy game for us.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Playing Murray twice a year is one of the reasons we drafted Brooks so it will be good seeing him out there at least a bit.

This is the most important game that the Cardinals have played in five seasons and it's a routine Sunday night for the Hawks. Hard for me to see that not mattering at least a bit.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
That week 16 contest in Seattle last year, the Cardinals played great and Seattle didn't.

Lets not forgot that Seattle had these players miss the game or get hurt during the game:

OFFENSE: Penny, Brown

During the game Iupati went down, Carson and CJ Prosise both hurt

DEFENSE: Clowney, Diggs, Shaquill Griffin.

Wagner was playing on a bad ankle, Al Woods was suspended that week

this should be a very competitive game tonight.

I do believe that the defense is & has been tired of being called "one of the worst", I think that many have a ton of pride and they will play better

OP
OP

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Rat":lv5c3iz9 said:
rcaido":lv5c3iz9 said:
This should be an easy game for us.
We don’t do those.

True statement indeed. As much as I hope for an easy game with backups getting playing time...... It is just too rare to expect an "easy" game. LOL

John63

Reaction score
3-2-16-4-6":1nhmobe7 said:

The man versus zone tells me Murray is relyign more on how WR to make plays than his actual passing ability or defense reading

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
3-2-16-4-6":3rmyghzu said:
Rat":3rmyghzu said:
rcaido":3rmyghzu said:
This should be an easy game for us.
We don’t do those.

True statement indeed. As much as I hope for an easy game with backups getting playing time...... It is just too rare to expect an "easy" game. LOL

Especially in that stadium. I've been to a number of games there, including the best worst game ever (6-6 tie), and it's almost always a weird game. Lost Sherman, Cliff, Kam, and Earl there. Lost a SB there. That building is cursed for us. Anything could happen.