Bye bye MVP

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Shocking performance..playcalling or execution! Just a shocking game. It should’ve have been that close!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good. Maybe people will stop talking about it.
Why the hell are people talking about the MVP in week 7?
That’s end of the season $&+#!

timmat

Reaction score
The MVP hasn't been on a Super Bowl winner since 1999. In the 80s thru the 90s, there were 8 MVP's who also won the Lombardi in the same season - so a little under half the time, the MVP's team would win the big one in that stretch. But in the last 20yrs, it hasn't happened once. That's such a large sample size, there must be something to it in the modern era. I'm fine with no MVP, and just keeping our eyes on the big prize - which means somehow finding some help on D.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is an over-reaction.

Russell hasn't lost the MVP by any stretch. Everyone said Rodgers was out of the MVP race after crapping the bed in Tampa, then he came back this week and threw four TD's against Houston.

Nothing's changed, if we go 13-3 and grab the #1 seed, then I guarantee you Russell's still in the MVP race, because this means he balled out all year.

If we drop 4-5 more games, lose the division and are fighting once again for the WC? Yep, he's not getting the MVP.

Chapow

Reaction score
3 picks in one game is bad. No way around that.

However, he also threw for 388 yards and 3 TDs, and rushed for another 84 yards.

This game hardly killed his chances at MVP.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Isn't Russ currently tied with Peyton Manning for the most touchdowns through six games? That alone will keep him in the MVP race.

John63

Reaction score
What is most shocking to me is the sheer joy some are getting at hoping one of OUR players is no longer in the running for one of the top awards. Wonder how they would feel if it were Bobby for defensive player of the year? Or DK for offensive player. Bet they would not be as happy. Me any chance any Seahawks has to win a major award is a good thing. I was not an Alexander fan but was glad he won it, because it is not just about the player but the TEAM that helped him get it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers just last week went 16-35 for 160 yards and 2 picks.

WTF are you talking about.

Wilson legitimately threw two of his prettiest touchdown passes of his career last night.