Sickening defeat

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson choked. What a gut punch of a loss.

DKs effort play all for not.

I'm beyond upset right now

ducks41468

Reaction score
Horrible loss and they will learn nothing. Wilson wears down after a few games as usual and they keep making the same mistakes. What a hard organization to root for

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Wilson is only human. I mean, I watched parts of that game he was definitely trying to do it all because I don't think he trusts his defense to seal the deal, he probably feels like if he's not the one with the ball to finish the game then they lose. That's a lot of pressure to put on yourself and you're going to make mistakes.

Pure speculations but it's the vibe I get.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":24qwj7qn said:
Then please don’t root for them.

Um, ok??? Lol whatever this means.

I made an emotional post when I probably shouldn't have

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Expecting us to keep up that RZ conversion rate made no sense.

Expecting Wilson to continue to throw TDs also made no sense, especially when we start running the effing ball once we get a lead. Any chance to balloon our lead gets decimated because we start running guys like Hyde or Homer twice in a row. Killing our drive.

Then our DC gives up a quick drive and TD, and Wilson is stuck having to press when everyone knows he has to score.

But it was overtime. We were not blown out. We were on the road with a close loss.

A winnable game but not a devastating loss unless it finally hits home how bad our DC is?

TypeSly

Reaction score
Jerhawk":16ziyosi said:
Flyingsquad23":16ziyosi said:
Then please don’t root for them.

Um, ok??? Lol whatever this means.

I made an emotional post when I probably shouldn't have

Pretty sure he was talking to Ducks41468, and not to you.

D

DomeHawk

TwistedHusky":21i9ggl0 said:
Expecting us to keep up that RZ conversion rate made no sense.

Expecting Wilson to continue to throw TDs also made no sense, especially when we start running the effing ball once we get a lead. Any chance to balloon our lead gets decimated because we start running guys like Hyde or Homer twice in a row. Killing our drive.

Then our DC gives up a quick drive and TD, and Wilson is stuck having to press when everyone knows he has to score.

But it was overtime. We were not blown out. We were on the road with a close loss.

A winnable game but not a devastating loss unless it finally hits home how bad our DC is?

Once we started the RRP I knew we were done. You are right, once we get a lead we back off. You can't do that with this D.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It was only sickening in that we beat ourselves with the terrible end of the game playcalling and mistakes, on both sides of the ball.

Defense should have started pressuring and blitzing like Arizona did to Russell, instead they continued to play soft and allowed a VERY inaccurate QB find a rhythm to make plays........and Russell and the offense stalled, and looked confused and hesitant the entire 2nd half.

You play scared on both sides of the ball? THAT'S the sickening part.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team needs to understand it cannot get complacent.

Runs should be sprinkled in, never a key part of a drive.

And we should never be OK with not scoring because we should expect to get a few turnovers on us and a few TDs given up by the defense.

We need to play from behind even when we are ahead. When we are behind, we get larger chucks per attempt and we usually turn drives into TDs. Not every pass is caught, so you have to be willing to throw twice in a series of downs to convert.

Once we get the lead we get much more concerned about becoming 'balanced'. That is where you see pointless runs and clear disregard for trying to score.

Again, there should never, ever, ever, be two non-QB runs in the same set of downs - unless we are at less than 2 to go to convert a 3rd down.

Running the football is for teams that do not have suck hard defenses. That is not us. This team will either win through the air or lose. There is no middle ground.