LJ Collier

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Cyrus12":qljevtcd said:
can one of you college game watchers please explain to me why this guy was a rd1 pick?

Should have been a 5th round pick.

Rat

Reaction score
Speaking of worthless pass rushers, did Rasheem Green even suit up tonight? The fact that I can't remember for sure speaks volumes about how much of an impact he typically makes.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Cyrus12":h6cyfwga said:
can one of you college game watchers please explain to me why this guy was a rd1 pick?

Which is why I didn't blink at the Adams trade....

We will still draft the same guy(s) we want the next two years, we'll just take them where they should be taken instead of round 1.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He was a LATE first round pick who was taken where he was because the position fell off a cliff after him. He had a high pressure rate in college and can be a versatile player moving around the line. At 5 technique, he sets the edge fairly well, and has been playing decently in what amounts to his first real action in the league.

It's not like he doesn't have upside.

I say this as somebody who specifically named LJ Collier as a player I'd be disappointed if the Seahawks drafted.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2uaxigpi said:
He was a LATE first round pick who was taken where he was because the position fell off a cliff after him. He had a high pressure rate in college and can be a versatile player moving around the line. At 5 technique, he sets the edge fairly well, and has been playing decently in what amounts to his first real action in the league.

I say this as somebody who specifically named LJ Collier as a player I'd be disappointed if the Seahawks drafted.
This guy, Penny and McDowell has got to be the worst high draft picks the Seahawks have made under the Carroll regime.

How they justify drafting Collier I’ll never understand.

At least Penny and McDowell made sense why they were picked.

Collier a total bust. I just hope Taylor doesn’t follow in this guys footsteps.

themunn

Reaction score
Rat":10kmanhj said:
Speaking of worthless pass rushers, did Rasheem Green even suit up tonight? The fact that I can't remember for sure speaks volumes about how much of an impact he typically makes.

Green is on IR and has been since week 1.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2v9bl67r said:
Maelstrom787":2v9bl67r said:

This guy, Penny and McDowell has got to be the worst high draft picks the Seahawks have made under the Carroll regime.

I know he was drafted later but Flowers has to rated amongst the worst draft picks.
He shouldn’t be on the team, much less starting. The water boy can play 10 yards off his guy and make a tackle 25 yards down field.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2objpx5s said:

Here is the issue I have with this line of thinking. The Seahawks have had the opportunity to draft pro-bowl, all-pro and difference makers at their draft positions. For example, we could have had Montez Sweat or Darnell Savage, both were positions of need.

The talk that I hear about L.J Collier right now is the same thing I remember about Curry in 2010 with the whole "Curry sets the edge" meme. The truth of the matter is that L.J Collier had over 150 snaps his rookie year. This is NOT his rookie season. He is a second year player, and he looks like just another random rotational player. He is non existent in the pass rush, and he is only meh against the run. His signature splash play was actually more Delano Hill and Bobby Wagner than L.J Collier.

L.J Collier may develop into a good player one day, but I doubt it. To me he just seemed like a rotational player at best in when I went over his college tape. He can play a little of everything but nothing really popped out to me. He just seemed like a guy that would just be a rotational depth player.

Now, i don't expect Carroll to hit on every draft pick. That is unreasonable, but our first round picks since Bruce Irvin have been extremely underwhelming. It isn't as if there was no talent there either, we've skipped out on some really good talent. Hitting on just one of those would have completely changed the dynamics of this roster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ytjd0r2 said:
Maelstrom787":1ytjd0r2 said:

Collier is not a complete bust, and his selection made just as much sense as either of those picks.

Remember, this is the backend of the first round. You're not guaranteed an average starter, much less a star, at the end of the first. Its pretty much a coinflip.

He's starting at 5t and doing... pretty alright. Possibly gonna see him build from here. Either way, his trajectory is pointing up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3prnutn0 said:
Maelstrom787":3prnutn0 said:

Here is the issue I have with this line of thinking. The Seahawks have had the opportunity to draft pro-bowl, all-pro and difference makers at their draft positions. For example, we could have had Montez Sweat or Darnell Savage, both were positions of need.

The talk that I hear about L.J Collier right now is the same thing I remember about Curry in 2010 with the whole "Curry sets the edge" meme. The truth of the matter is that L.J Collier had over 150 snaps his rookie year. This is NOT his rookie season. He is a second year player, and he looks like just another random rotational player. He is non existent in the pass rush, and he is only meh against the run. His signature splash play was actually more Delano Hill and Bobby Wagner than L.J Collier.

L.J Collier may develop into a good player one day, but I doubt it. To me he just seemed like a rotational player at best in when I went over his college tape. He can play a little of everything but nothing really popped out to me. He just seemed like a guy that would just be a rotational depth player.

Now, i don't expect Carroll to hit on every draft pick. That is unreasonable, but our first round picks since Bruce Irvin have been extremely underwhelming. It isn't as if there was no talent there either, we've skipped out on some really good talent. Hitting on just one of those would have completely changed the dynamics of this roster.

Oh, come on. This is nothing like the Curry meme. LJ Colliers 2019 snaps were played at significantly less than 100%. In his first healthy action, he's been perfectly fine as a 5 technique. Again, this is the bottom of the first round. Getting even an average starter out of that junction of the draft is a win.

RCATES

Reaction score
Just another early extreme reach by this team that most Seahawk fans will continue to ignore because how they drafted in 2010-2013.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":nvl7x0x5 said:

From everything I have read, he should have gone second round but Sweat came off the board and Seahawks FO had to go with something...and they went with an older prospect thinking he could start in his rookie year.

Rat

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":142h4mmb said:
Cyrus12":142h4mmb said:

From everything I have read, he should have gone second round but Sweat came off the board and Seahawks FO had to go with something...and they went with an older prospect thinking he could start in his rookie year.
Sweat was right there before they traded down. Couldn’t have been TOO interested.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
LJ is who most of us thought he was when we drafted him. We kind of reached and I think he’s a bust. I just don’t see him getting any better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He wasn't great in college. I wouldn't have wasted a 2nd on him.

But we got Metcalf in the 2nd and that guy is performing like a high 1st.

So you almost have to accept that Metcalf is the 1st and Collier is like a crappy 2nd or even 3rd round pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RCATES":2dt93ig8 said:
Just another early extreme reach by this team that most Seahawk fans will continue to ignore because how they drafted in 2010-2013.

Oh, please, with this dramatic take you post in every thread.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Yet another total BS Maelstrom response of “you can’t get a starter in the second half of round one”. Horseshit you can’t.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1tml82n6 said:
LJ is who most of us thought he was when we drafted him. We kind of reached and I think he’s a bust. I just don’t see him getting any better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After playing only his sixth game we've ever seen him play in a healthy state, you feel comfortable declaring this? I just don't get it. He's consistently playing like a decent base end/5T with upside to go from here. If he plays at this exact level for his entire career, then he's hardly a bust for pick 29.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":lyy4x97r said:
Yet another total BS Maelstrom response of “you can’t get a starter in the second half of round one”. Horseshit you can’t.

Please quote where I've ever said that you can't get a starter out of the late first round. I am BEGGING you to find a single time I've ever said that.

Either you're arguing in bad faith with yet another strawman, or you can't read. In case it's the latter, I'll link an article below with some great literacy resources to start out with. I'm not even trying to attack you here. Either you're purposely misrepresenting what I've said, or you have honest literacy issues, in which case I'd like to help.

https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/blo ... ts-to-rea/

Latest posts