Why did Russ

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hike the ball with 218 left in ot when we could of went to the 2 minute warning.

It was horrible clock management.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He was playing to win. It was sudden death at that point and was trying to get down in field goal range.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jerhawk":39yvu9mp said:
He was playing to win. It was sudden death at that point and was trying to get down in field goal range.

I think it was a low iq play on that particular moment. It was 1st down. You need a fg to win. You can take it down to the 2 minute warning and basically either tie or win. Arizona had 1 timeout.

Instead he hurries to the line and hikes the ball only to throw a side pass to hyde for a loss of 6.

He looked rattled in the 2nd half.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2cymjl9v said:
Jerhawk":2cymjl9v said:

I think it was a low iq play on that particular moment. It was 1st down. You need a fg to win. You can take it down to the 2 minute warning and basically either tie or win. Arizona had 1 timeout.

Instead he hurries to the line and hikes the ball only to throw a side pass to hyde for a loss of 6.

He did look rattled. The zone blitz scheme was getting to him and he had just taken a couple of tough hits. He was slow to get up on one of them.

I agree, the result was bad, and that swing pass to Hyde was bad, and could've easily been undercut for a pick six to end it.
But in regards to the OP, that's the only thing I can think of why he did what he did there.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1en81vr0 said:
Shanegotyou11":1en81vr0 said:
Jerhawk":1en81vr0 said:

He did look rattled. The zone blitz scheme was getting to him and he had just taken a couple of tough hits. He was slow to get up on one of them.

I agree, the result was bad, and that swing pass to Hyde was bad, and could've easily been undercut for a pick six to end it.
But in regards to the OP, that's the only thing I can think of why he did what he did there.

I fully agree with you. I think he may have been hurt but at same time, players have bad games. If he doesnt hike, we tie.