Tackling the "Seahawk Way" is dead

seabowl

Reaction score
Geez what happened to the Seahawk Way that was so mentioned a few years back that videos were circulated around the league and below? I know Norton is not working with the best talent but the lack of technique they are using is also part of the problem. No wrapping up and just completely whiffing looks almost like the new norm.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":1m9w38yc said:
Geez what happened to the Seahawk Way that was so mentioned a few years back that videos were circulated around the league and below? I know Norton is not working with the best talent but the lack of technique they are using is also part of the problem. No wrapping up and just completely whiffing looks almost like the new norm.
Tackling was pretty much an epic failure tonight.
Bunch of Ken Hamlin’s out there trying to hit and not tackle.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Every time I see a 'withering hit', I wince. Because I know at least a few 'withering misses' are coming.

Getting tired of our guys trying to level guys. You are the defense and your job is to hold serve while the offense wins the game. Period.

We literally lost Blair for the year because a vet like KJ is trying to level someone without looking at where he is tackling.

Yesterday the Wagner call was iffy, but it never should have happened because if Bobby wraps up it looks like he thinks the TE caught the ball. Instead, it looks like a hit on a potentially defenseless WR after the ball had passed. Bobby gets a pass because that was a near bang-bang play but it never should have happened.

Shoulder tackles without wrapping up are a failure. The defense isn't intimidating anyone right now, just setting itself up for flags and missed tackles. We used to be a sure tackling team. Under Norton, we are sloppy and stupid.

I see guys jumping on the piles after the play. I see shoulder tackles instead of wraps. They are clearly getting good grades for leveling people because I see it throughout the defense. Yet another reason I think our DC is in it over his head. This garbage is being encouraged, likely by the coaches. And it is hurting us badly.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":g0k3rowj said:
Every time I see a 'withering hit', I wince. Because I know at least a few 'withering misses' are coming.

Getting tired of our guys trying to level guys. You are the defense and your job is to hold serve while the offense wins the game. Period.

We literally lost Blair for the year because a vet like KJ is trying to level someone without looking at where he is tackling.

Yesterday the Wagner call was iffy, but it never should have happened because if Bobby wraps up it looks like he thinks the TE caught the ball. Instead, it looks like a hit on a potentially defenseless WR after the ball had passed. Bobby gets a pass because that was a near bang-bang play but it never should have happened.

Shoulder tackles without wrapping up are a failure. The defense isn't intimidating anyone right now, just setting itself up for flags and missed tackles. We used to be a sure tackling team. Under Norton, we are sloppy and stupid.

I see guys jumping on the piles after the play. I see shoulder tackles instead of wraps. They are clearly getting good grades for leveling people because I see it throughout the defense. Yet another reason I think our DC is in it over his head. This garbage is being encouraged, likely by the coaches. And it is hurting us badly.
Looking for that highlight reel, or the off chance that a "monster hit" will rip the ball loose.

I couldn't watch all the game, but the bits I did see I saw the defense constantly whiffing on monster hits and bouncing off the running back or receiver, or not understanding the concept of wrapping up an opponent. The worst I saw was when the Cardinals were on their own 1 Yard line and Seattle had the opportunity to get a Safety. Almost had it too, but poor tackling allowed Murray to slip away and run for about eight yards.

If Murray gets tackled, Seattle goes up by two points, gets the ball, and the Cardinals don't score that drive, which they did.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3otnb9lf said:
TwistedHusky":3otnb9lf said:

Looking for that highlight reel, or the off chance that a "monster hit" will rip the ball loose.

I couldn't watch all the game, but the bits I did see I saw the defense constantly whiffing on monster hits and bouncing off the running back or receiver, or not understanding the concept of wrapping up an opponent. The worst I saw was when the Cardinals were on their own 1 Yard line and Seattle had the opportunity to get a Safety. Almost had it too, but poor tackling allowed Murray to slip away and run for about eight yards.

If Murray gets tackled, Seattle goes up by two points, gets the ball, and the Cardinals don't score that drive, which they did.

I think this is the biggest part of it. I see a lot of trying to get a turnover to the determent of stopping the ball carrier.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
And the beat goes on......

godawg

Reaction score
I had noticed this during the SF game as well. And I seriously asked myself, what has happened to “the Seahawk tackle?” I guess since we won that game it didn’t seem to be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk