Shaq Griffin and Travis Homer appreciation thread

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I just want to shout these two out. Huge, huge difference when they got hurt. The gap between Griff and Tre is monumental and you could tell. And as much as I don’t like Homer ad a runner, my god there was a glaring issue without him in the pass blocking department. He is excellent there. Let’s hope they are both back ASAP.

hangumhi

Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned Shaq. A lot has been made about the mistakes last night. Not enough mentioned about the fact that we're without Carsom and Griffin for most of the game yesterday. That'sarguably our top two backs out (carson and penny) and our top two secondary players (Griffinand Adams) . If we put our actual team on the field last night, I think we wipe the floor with the cards.

rcaido

Reaction score
We did wipe the floor against the cards. Just bonehead & careless plays got them back in the game at the end.

I always appreciate Shaq...I think once Adams come back, they need to have Neal & Dunbar fight for the CB spot and then dump Flowers.

Dallas had a really huge whiff in blocking. Homer is great blocker but that's pretty much it but i really appreciate that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Some of the biggest plays this year happened with Homer in pass pro.

There was a span where Homer ran the ball twice. It was kind of a bummer. But right before those plays, Homer was pass blocking for what seemed like forever. He was amazing. Wilson was running around back there and Homer kept guys off him. All the while staying upright and avoiding getting a penalty.

Homer is a very very important find for us.

olyfan63

Reaction score
With Homer in the game, we score on a couple of those drives. He's amazing with his pass-pro. AZ might not have even tried all the creative blitzing with Homer in. Credit AZ DC Vance Joseph for recognizing the rook DJ Dallas was in the game and testing him.

Latest posts