Seahawks Trade Rumors

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Heard we may be looking at Everson Griffen.

Also kerrigan.

Anyone else?

LTH

Reaction score
I heard one of the reporters saying the cowboys are wanting to move him...wow that was short...

LTH

Momofantv

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2kft2ne1 said:
Heard we may be looking at Everson Griffen.

Also kerrigan.

Anyone else?

And where did you hear this? YouTube?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1320848944289718272[/tweet]

I'd really hate for this to happen. Acquiring Griffen would be one of the only ways out there to actually get worse on the defensive line.

mikeak

Reaction score
Well getting him for $3millio nwould have been deemed a steal this off-season lol

PNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":18ndkv7r said:

I'd really hate for this to happen. Acquiring Griffen would be one of the only ways out there to actually get worse on the defensive line.

Do you have evidence to support this? Or are you just throwing things out there lol. He’s already got 2.5 sacks this year and 6 QB hits. Pretty sure that would make him statistically the best D-lineman on our team right now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PNW":32mnrgro said:
Maelstrom787":32mnrgro said:

Do you have evidence to support this? Or are you just throwing things out there lol. He’s already got 2.5 sacks this year and 6 QB hits. Pretty sure that would make him statistically the best D-lineman on our team right now.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1318904135769575424[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1311030557996974082[/tweet]

His pass rush win rate is pretty much the worst in the league, and was actually at 0% through week 3 of the season. Historically bad - he literally didn't win on a single pass rush attempt until week 4. He's facing a considerable amount of double teams, but he's not getting anything close to consistent pressure - certainly not enough to trade away any assets for him.

Fair play, though. I really should've included that in my original reply to the thread.

EDIT: Will also back this up with the PFF grade being at 56.6. All signs point to the sack number being kind of flukey and the reality being that he isn't generating much pressure.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Losing Irvin for the season was far worse than I expected when it first happened.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No trade needed to sign Terrell Suggs. He had 6.5 sacks last year. His experience can help guys like Robinson, Taylor, and all too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3980cjca said:
Carlos Dunlap???

Mike Brown's MO is generally not to let players force their way out of Cincinnati, so I have doubts about whether a trade would happen... for a reasonable price, at least. I think he likely has more upside than Griffen.

Best article I can find with win rate data is from October 8th. Provides data implying that he's a middling performer, but that'd still help out here a bit. Salary, though. Cap room would need to be cleared.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/cincinnat ... d=73507292

He said the implied reason for his role on Sunday was his inability to stop the run. After four games, Dunlap is ranked 46th among 82 qualifying defensive ends in edge rush stop win rate, an ESPN metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats. He's ranked 29th among 58 defensive ends in pass rush win rate. Dunlap has two quarterback hits, one tackle for loss and no sacks.

massari

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3qre5ykf said:
His pass rush win rate is pretty much the worst in the league, and was actually at 0% through week 3 of the season. Historically bad - he literally didn't win on a single pass rush attempt until week 4. He's facing a considerable amount of double teams, but he's not getting anything close to consistent pressure - certainly not enough to trade away any assets for him.

Fair play, though. I really should've included that in my original reply to the thread.

EDIT: Will also back this up with the PFF grade being at 56.6. All signs point to the sack number being kind of flukey and the reality being that he isn't generating much pressure.
Griffen has a pressure % of 11% heading into yesterday's game where he had a sack. Mayowa 7%.

With his pretty good pressure %, does this mean he's getting his pressures unblocked, or actually beating his blockers in 2,6 seconds, as opposed to the 2.5 it takes to count as a pass rush win?

Seems like kind of a vague stat, because someone gets credit with a win if it takes them 2.5 seconds, but a loss at 2.6.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":19eouy5a said:
Maelstrom787":19eouy5a said:

Griffen has a pressure % of 11% heading into yesterday's game where he had a sack. Mayowa 7%.

With his pretty good pressure %, does this mean he's getting his pressures unblocked, or actually beating his blockers in 2,6 seconds, as opposed to the 2.5 it takes to count as a pass rush win?

I admit, I'm lacking context. The numbers themselves aren't promising, so I'd lean towards saying he's most likely been the clean-up guy on a few coverage sacks. I'd have to watch and see. Either way, he just doesn't seem like a guy I'd wanna give anything up for other than a conditional late rounder.

Then again, I'd defer to the coaches if they think he'd flourish in the LEO role. If they think they can wring some pressure out of him by lining him up wide on the edge, I'm all for that. Just wouldn't expect much.

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Actually, looking at that chart...does the team have anyone currently active that requires a double-team? Griffen may be an improvement just based off of that.

PNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2kbih5ko said:
massari":2kbih5ko said:
Maelstrom787":2kbih5ko said:

I admit, I'm lacking context. The numbers themselves aren't promising, so I'd lean towards saying he's most likely been the clean-up guy on a few coverage sacks. I'd have to watch and see. Either way, he just doesn't seem like a guy I'd wanna give anything up for other than a conditional late rounder.

Then again, I'd defer to the coaches if they think he'd flourish in the LEO role. If they think they can wring some pressure out of him by lining him up wide on the edge, I'm all for that. Just wouldn't expect much.
Couple of take aways from this.....No way did he get coverage sacks from the Dallas secondary haha!! Maybe cleanup sacks? I think D. Lawrence, was injured mostly so far this year and has barely done anything? My guess is Griffen has been the guy mainly getting double teamed.....Also F*cken Mack is an animal!!!! Holy smokes! For 3 million I would absolutely sign Griffen even if all he does is eat up double teams and get 2.5 sacks/6 QB hits every 7 games, ill take that all day! I love the Suggs idea also! Clay Matthews would probably love to get back at the Ram’s? I also agree about Dunlap, Bengals don’t give up players.....ever!!!!

Momofantv

Reaction score
We have to do something and we have to do it this week I saw somewhere if it’s not done by Wednesday chances kr them getting in the next two weeks is slim to none Bc of covid and we are in the most important part of this stretch if we can get a player tomorrow we might be able to pull them off for the game against the 49ers if not the bills 100%

ivotuk

Reaction score
The way I read it, Griffen rarely gets double teamed. They probably focus on DeMarcus Lawrence and Aldon Smith.