Alton Robinson 7 snaps... Inexcusable!!!

seabowl

Reaction score
How in the world does a guy like Robinson only get 7 snaps in a game that goes to the end of IT when the D can't get any pressure? IMO it's inexcusable and shows again IMO whoever is in control of the D is whiffing big-time.

PNW

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why did this whole thread get deleted???

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seems odd. Either the coaching staff thinks he’s not ready to contribute more or are somehow convinced Mayowa, Collier and company are far better and doing an outstanding job. I don’t get it-the kid shows real promise.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
PNW":2mrn0v5m said:
Am I missing something? Why did this whole thread get deleted???

We were troubleshooting the attachment issues erroring out threads and rolled back to 2:00 AM

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
If I had to guess, he's not ready.

Seattle's extremely strict about run fits and doing the fundamentals. And Robinson hasn't had any training camp to really get experienced with it. Honestly, rookies are going to have a very hard time getting on the field, except in very limited circumstances

PNW

Reaction score
Alton Robinson snap count per game #1(0)#2(0)#3(30)#4(27)#5(35)bye #6(7) total snaps 99 average snaps per game 24.8
Pete was asked about this he said they wanted to go with more speed for Murray. At what point when their game plan was no longer working do you give Robinson a few more chances? Unfortunately our coaching staff shows a serious lack of adjustments defensively when the scheme isn’t working. I would rather get our young promising DE’s more experience and playing time so they can contribute more later on down the stretch.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2mjyoae5 said:
If I had to guess, he's not ready.

Seattle's extremely strict about run fits and doing the fundamentals. And Robinson hasn't had any training camp to really get experienced with it. Honestly, rookies are going to have a very hard time getting on the field, except in very limited circumstances

He's played fairly well though so I think it has more to do with the staff just missing here. They're not perfect and hopefully they figure it out. Pete has a history of saying "I wish I would have played him more this year" yet still seems to fall into the same traps.

tersal

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":22dt4ivd said:
Seems odd. Either the coaching staff thinks he’s not ready to contribute more or are somehow convinced Mayowa, Collier and company are far better and doing an outstanding job. I don’t get it-the kid shows real promise.
Mayowa's penalty contributed to costing the Seahawks the game. Albeit on a 4th down play.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
It's great that KNJ remembered Robinson was on the team this week. Couple of tackles with a sack.

AirStrike

Reaction score
It was pretty bad. The sooner they get Norton out of here the better. That's my only issue with the team, there seems to be zero adjustments made on defense. If it doesn't work in the first half, they'll keep doing it in the second. Mind boggling.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
?? They gave up ONE YARD in the 3rd quarter. The Niners had around 130 yards total offense late in the 3rd quarter. Hawks were up 30-7 with less than 10 minutes left. Why dwell on some garbage time yards??? Even WITH the garbage time yards and scores, they had 351 yards of total offense.
Pretty damn good performance, just my opinion.

PNW

Reaction score
Pete has stated over and over again that this is his defense. Scheme wise, preparation wise and even with on the fly calls during games, it’s all Pete, Norton or Quinn wouldn’t change a thing, the fire Norton crowd is delusional.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PNW":1d59g5uy said:
Pete has stated over and over again that this is his defense. Scheme wise, preparation wise and even with on the fly calls during games, it’s all Pete, Norton or Quinn wouldn’t change a thing, the fire Norton crowd is delusional.

Where have you seen that stated by PC?

PNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":e40htxgc said:
PNW":e40htxgc said:

If you ever watch a press conference he’s very transparent...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_4gCWg5Pg the latest example starts @9:40. Another recent example was via Gregg Bell after our last game stating the same thing. It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PNW":3ugetw92 said:
Uncle Si":3ugetw92 said:
PNW":3ugetw92 said:

If you ever watch a press conference he’s very transparent...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_4gCWg5Pg the latest example starts @9:40. Another recent example was via Greg Bell after our last game stating the same thing. It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.

I dont watch press conferences. I also dont have a strong opinion on it. Just a question.

Seems a little hypocritical, though, to base an opinion on a press conference inference in which he is accepting mutual blame and responsibility and then call others "delusional" about their opinion that the very person he is protecting needs to be fired for needing to be protected.

Not suggesting Pete doesn't have a hand, or both, in all of this. Just think that it's fair to divvy up criticism. The irrationality, though, is unique to the internet.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The decline in the defense has coincided both with rule changes making playing defense almost impossible and with the loss of the LOB.

we actually should applaud Pete for deciding that protecting the defense was not going to get him where they needed to go and they needed to attack more on offense even if building a lead makes your defense look bad in garbage time.

Most great offenses have been paired with poor defenses yardage wise because great offenses force the opponent to play from behind and put the ball up. More yards but more turnovers. Our point differential and turnover ratio is solid this year. That is more important than anything if you ask me.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jf5l7e2 said:
?? They gave up ONE YARD in the 3rd quarter. The Niners had around 130 yards total offense late in the 3rd quarter. Hawks were up 30-7 with less than 10 minutes left. Why dwell on some garbage time yards??? Even WITH the garbage time yards and scores, they had 351 yards of total offense.
Pretty damn good performance, just my opinion.

It's worth highlighting this as well. We've seen it multiple times this year:

Atlanta - 20 point lead late in the 4th (3:48)
New England - 12 point lead late in the 4th (4:38)
Miami - 16 point lead late in the 4th (4:05)
San Fransisco - 17 point lead late in the 4th (3:36)

The reality is, if we are in position to sacrifice statistical defensive ranking in garbage time -- that's not even a real problem. In fact, it *should* be expected. We just aren't accustomed to that in the Carroll era because we've never fielded an offense that could reliably jump on teams to this degree. If one looks at other teams historically around the league that featured an incredibly potent offense -- their defenses suffered similarly.

We will have a poor yardage ranking this year. Period. It's a function of the offense and the flow of the game. Don't despair because of it. It's not a great defense. But it's definitely good enough. And the proof of that, is how the defense helps to keep us in games and give us strong chances to win in the second half (points allowed in 3rd and up to 5:00 remaining in 4th)

Atlanta: 6
New England: 6
Dallas: 13
Miami: 6
Minnesota: 13
Arizona: 7
San Fran: 7

Seattle's D has handled business by and large in the second half where the game is still widely in doubt. The defense's job is to protect leads and to give the offense opportunities to put the game away late. Seattle's yardage that is surrendered late is rather immaterial when protecting leads. When we don't have a big lead to protect, the defense has come through on it's own to contribute to victories.

I'm more encouraged to see how our Achilles' heel performs in instances where the game it tight. They've been holding up extremely well. And if it takes a 3 INT Wilson game where we literally have to have 10 or more plays go wrong to 'barely' lose to our strongest division rival -- then I think we're not giving the defense the credit that maybe we really should.

They'll be tarred with a bottom 3 yardage ranking all year. And it will be fueled by circumstance and mostly design. It's a good problem to have *if* the defense can play stout when it's not protecting leads. Which they are doing.

Chapow

Reaction score
AirStrike":2l51d2b7 said:
It was pretty bad. The sooner they get Norton out of here the better. That's my only issue with the team, there seems to be zero adjustments made on defense. If it doesn't work in the first half, they'll keep doing it in the second. Mind boggling.

This just strikes me as such a bizarre post after yesterdays game. The defense played very, very well for 3 quarters, then they made an adjustment in the 4th and damn near let the 49ers back in the game after having a 23 point lead.

PNW

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2g3ar0vd said:
PNW":2g3ar0vd said:
Uncle Si":2g3ar0vd said:
PNW":2g3ar0vd said:

If you ever watch a press conference he’s very transparent...... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_4gCWg5Pg the latest example starts @9:40. Another recent example was via Greg Bell after our last game stating the same thing. It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.

I dont watch press conferences. I also dont have a strong opinion on it. Just a question.

Seems a little hypocritical, though, to base an opinion on a press conference inference in which he is accepting mutual blame and responsibility and then call others "delusional" about their opinion that the very person he is protecting needs to be fired for needing to be protected.
I get it most of the people calling for the firing probably don’t watch Pete talk about the team via his press conferences. “It’s funny how people have such strong opinions about firing someone when they don’t even have all the evidence that’s provided.” You say you don’t have a strong opinion on this, it’s totally fine to ask a question, if you don’t fit in this category no need to take it like I was talking to you. I don’t see anything that is hypocritical with what I said, however you’re more than welcome to have your opinions.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
A. Robinson continues to make splash plays when given the opportunity. Hoping he keeps getting more and more opportunities the rest of the season.