To be fair or not, Russ MVP is gone.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Its unfortunate. It is gone now. Mahomes has 1 pick.

He has forced lately and its not all his fault to me. The defense is atrocious.

RCATES

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3plav5gg said:
Its unfortunate. It is gone now. Mahomes has 1 pick.

He has forced lately and its not all his fault to me. The defense is atrocious.

No one is winning MVP with this many turnovers. Another fumble just now. It’s gone.

W

Welshers

Not necessarily. To his credit his picks have mostly been on 4th down or 3rd and long situations when he's just trying to force something. But there's always next year for his MVP. I just want us to make the playoffs where anything can happen.

PNW

Reaction score
Yep agreed 100% gone, just an awful performance today. :I

AlciG

Reaction score
Not to excuse Russ, but 16 knockdowns when he wasn't even holding the ball that long.
Having said that he still needs to take better care of the ball

ducks41468

Reaction score
No QB has ever maintained MVP-level play with a defense this bad. The Chiefs, who are not even known for having a great defense, have allowed 20 or fewer points in 8 out of 10 games this season. They lost one of the games in which they didn't, and almost lost the other today.

On the other hand, we have allowed 23 or more points in every game this season. That means that Russ has not played with a comfortable cushion or gotten a break for a single minute this entire season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MVP was and is always a long shot with this defense. No matter how well he plays, every game they lose it will look like he was outplayed because of the likely astronomical stats the opposing QB would have against this crap defense.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Yep, league MVP is gone... but that still doesn't change the fact that he's Seattle's most valuable player.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too hasty. I agree he is no longer the frontrunner but the Hawks still have a few primetime games left. If Russ were to have some "monster games" in front of a national audience, he could be right back in it. Of course, there are no monster games to be had when you have about one second to throw the ball.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2flvrkvc said:
Good! Let’s focus on the big prize!

This team has virtually no shot at a Super Bowl unless they get the #1 seed. Russ likely wins the MVP if we get the #1 seed because the defense sure as hell isn't carrying this team to 13-14 wins. So basically, no MVP, no Super Bowl.

John63

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2w89me0j said:
Ace_Rimmer":2w89me0j said:

This team has virtually no shot at a Super Bowl unless they get the #1 seed. Russ likely wins the MVP if we get the #1 seed because the defense sure as hell isn't carrying this team to 13-14 wins. So basically, no MVP, no Super Bowl.

The sad part is some on here are okay with no SB as long as Wilson does not get the MVP. The are gitty at the thought.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
If your team is west of the Rockies, your odds of MVP are slightly better than slim to none. Unless you were in the Niners heyday.

I guess we'll always have Shaun Alexander.

And OJ won it. whatever happened to that guy?

xray

Reaction score
AubHawk71":zln27e9e said:
If your team is west of the Rockies, your odds of MVP are slightly better than slim to none. Unless you were in the Niners heyday.

I guess we'll always have Shaun Alexander.

And OJ won it. whatever happened to that guy?

Don't buy that " Seattle has a geographic problem " . I think most NFL fans like Wilson . The media has never really liked Seattle from the start . That's why Wilson won't get it again this time too . The media . IMO

MrThortan

Reaction score
MVP is a nice acknowledgement, but I would rather win games. Hopefully he fixes his problems and puts and end to his recent turnover trend.

Boycie

Reaction score
John63":18aoelzn said:
Seanhawk":18aoelzn said:
Ace_Rimmer":18aoelzn said:

The sad part is some on here are okay with no SB as long as Wilson does not get the MVP. The are gitty at the thought.

I’m not! I’m a Hawks fan, not a RW fan, although I love the guy. I want the Lombardi!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
John63":2c54dnk3 said:

The really sad part is how content most are with just making the playoffs. Its really a shame how Wilsons prime years are being wasted because the team refuses to adapt and just completely ignores their biggest issues. Its a time honored tradition the last 5 or so seasons and this years team is no different.

eo620

Reaction score
In the Seahawks two losses this season, Wilson has 7 turnovers. That is just not MVP caliber. Sorry to say.

ducks41468

Reaction score
eo620":3ugd4yon said:
In the Seahawks two losses this season, Wilson has 7 turnovers. That is just not MVP caliber. Sorry to say.

And in the Seahawks two losses, they have given up 81 points.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The bigger question is how long before some of these losses blow back on Wilson?

He is doing a number of interesting things, including his podcasts.

As the defense struggles, and Wilson forces things accordingly - sometimes with unpleasant results because we blow scoring chances running Homer up the middle....people are going to start calling Wilson out for being 'distracted'.

He is going to get maligned because his DC is a moron. The MVP is gone almost certainly. Pretty soon people will start wrongheadedly pinning blame on him because of his other stuff.

Just a matter of when not if on him getting blame for forcing things he never should have been put in a position to have to force.