When will we move on from John Schneider?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE in draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012/2013 success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ no DL outside of Frank. Got lucky on Cliff and MB in Free Agency. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. WR outside of DK and Tyler have been miserable. TE drafting has been terrible. Reliant on Trades too much and even those have not hit since the Clemons and Beast trades. He needs to be on the hot seat for the failure to backfill with a decent roster but as mentioned earlier, lives off of 2011/2012/2013 success and it needs to stop.

RCATES

Reaction score
Pete and John won a championship in one of the most depressing Sports cities in America. Now one of the most depressing cities in general. The only way either one of them leaves is on their own accord.

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
RCATES":1dg29gc9 said:
Pete and John won a championship in one of the most depressing Sports cities in America. Now one of the most depressing cities in general. The only way either one of them leaves is on their own accord.

This attitude is exactly what’s wrong. He is now a Bill Bavasi. But since he helped us win a SB once upon a time, it’s okay.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
His contract runs through the '21 season, according to his Wikipedia page.

rcaido

Reaction score
If we dont make the playoffs 3 straight years in a row.

Right now we are tied for 1st in the toughest division in the NFL. We have the #1 offense and on paper our defense should be decent.

We have the best qb in football and most hype/exciting WR. You got a superstar in Jamal Adams.

Since John/Pete been here they been winning games....So yeah unless we dont make the playoffs 3 years in row, we keep him.

zchurch74

Reaction score
What does the new ownership think is John? How hand on or off is the new ownership? I think he should go. I’m not a fan. Does make some good moves but overall we could do for a change. Too much loyalty to Pete.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete and John built a team at the time Carroll knew the talent level of the college players he selected and hit a home run with a gamble on Wilson. Since then they have been mediocre to bad drafting and in free agency. Sad this organization is so lenient on laurels from the past because the team is now stuck in the same predictable pattern.

PNW

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was all John.....Pete wanted to draft someone else. John had to convince Pete Russ was the one to take. Another thing I would add is Pete is like GM 2.0 he’s got as much to do with our drafting and player transactions as John.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
PNW":2mosygs5 said:
Russell Wilson was all John.....Pete wanted to draft someone else. John had to convince Pete Russ was the one to take. Another thing I would add is Pete is like GM 2.0 he’s got as much to do with our drafting and player transactions as John.
I think your GM is only as good as what he is told to scout and those scouting for him.

I think we fail to realize Schneider drafts for Carroll’s “ideal” players to fit “his system.”

Everything is on Pete and always have been.

Schneider is a decent negotiator, but Carroll ultimately decides what to give up and who to draft.

Everything starts with old man Carroll and the game that has passed his old man ways.

We’re doomed!

misfit

Reaction score
Why are all his "hits" luck, and all his misses a true analysis of who he is?

English12thMan

Reaction score
from 2014 onwards below are players from our drafts that I would consider decent

Britt
Clark
Lockett
Jarran Reed
Ifedi (ish)
Nick Vannett
Alex Collins
Shaquill Griffin
David Moore
Chris Carson
Penny
Dissly
Shaquem Griffin
Dickson
Marquise Blair
DK Metcalf
Jordyn Brooks
Damien Lewis
DeeJay Dallas

Maybe I've missed some? Maybe I'm slightly reaching on others, but that's not the worst list considering the meltdowns people are having. Perhaps lacking star power but we haven't had decent picks for a long long time (in terms of having a top 10 pick in the draft etc)

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
John and Pete have drafted 4 HOF locks, a player that should be a HOF and one of the greatest players to ever wear a Hawk uniform in Chancellor and a future HOF’er in DK add to that dozens of players that have directly contributed to a continued culture of winning. There is a high percentage chance this team endures another long long stretch similar to the one before the P&J era If they made the wholesale changes this board calls for after every loss.

Please show me another team in the NFL that has drafted that many HOF players in the same time.and show me the list of all the teams that have more wins. But by all means let’s dump everyone and get one of the many many names of the future greats that have come and gone in the last 10 years.....then we could do all again in 3 years.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Omg you guys are ridiculous.

Schneider consistently puts one of the most competitive rosters together every year.
The last 10 years of Seahawks football has been the best football in our franchise's history.

And you want to fire him? For who?!
Omg we lost 2 games in a row and our defense sucks. Fire the GM! Are you serious? Are you hearing yourselves before you type this up?

His whole tenure here in Seattle, he's worked like a dog to give us fans to most competitive roster in the league.

When he took over what Ruskell had left behind, this team was in shambles. It was a disaster. We had no star players in 2010. Our best receiver was Mike Williams.
He got us the greatest QB in franchise history, built the L.O.B. from the ground up, traded a 4th Round pick for Lynch, drafted Wagner, Metcalf in the 2nd round. Canton will need to build a separate Seahawks wing just to fit all these amazing players in. I can go on.
Do you guys know how lucky we have it?
Yeah, we lost to a good Bills team and to a Rams team WE CAN NEVER BEAT and you guys want to fire this man?

I'm irate. I feel like Stephen A Smith. The hypocrisy here is palpable!!
No, we should not fire our GM.

misfit

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2trrew5m said:
misfit":2trrew5m said:
Why are all his "hits" luck, and all his misses a true analysis of who he is?

Besides DK and Lockett, who has he ‘hit’ on over the past 7 years?
Lewis
Shaq
Carson
Pocic
Clark

and you wanna discount his trades? thats part of what a gm does

who do you want to replace schneider with?

bandiger

Reaction score
Seem like this franchise is going to be like the Packers where a Great QB has to carry the whole team to wins despite having lackluster coaches acting as dead weight. The GM is fine for now.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I will always say this: The problem is Pete and the fact that Pete hired John so John serves at the whim of Pete. I think John has made some shrewd moves. Look at getting Carlos Dunlap for only a 7th Round Pick and dumping the salary of BJ Finney who wasn't cutting it at Center! The draft is a crap shoot. But I think the last 2 drafts will be good. Look at teams like the Jets who used a number 1 pick on Sam Darnold and 4 years later are already looking at Trevor Lawrence. John insisted on getting Russell Wilson in the 3rd Round, and look at what the team has accomplished since then. Yes, I wish we made different moves in the drafts. Specifically passing on Budda Baker and Taylor Rapp. But I still think Pete is the one holding John back.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":3r4ijsk4 said:
I will always say this: The problem is Pete and the fact that Pete hired John so John serves at the whim of Pete. I think John has made some shrewd moves. Look at getting Carlos Dunlap for only a 7th Round Pick and dumping the salary of BJ Finney who wasn't cutting it at Center! The draft is a crap shoot. But I think the last 2 drafts will be good. Look at teams like the Jets who used a number 1 pick on Sam Darnold and 4 years later are already looking at Trevor Lawrence. John insisted on getting Russell Wilson in the 3rd Round, and look at what the team has accomplished since then. Yes, I wish we made different moves in the drafts. Specifically passing on Budda Baker and Taylor Rapp. But I still think Pete is the one holding John back.
I think this as well.

I think Schneider can only do what Pete allows.

Everything from the top of the organization starts with Carroll.