Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will we move on from John Schneider?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Some of you are a bunch of Karens. If things don't go your way, you're looking for the head of the manager.

I'll just put this here:

https://www.nfl.com/news/why-george-kit ... coach-duos

Rank
    Seattle Seahawks
    GM: John Schneider · Coach: Pete Carroll
    The 'Hawks operate under a high-risk, high-reward premise when it comes to team building. Schneider isn't afraid to pull the trigger on a blockbuster deal to acquire a five-star talent to boost the roster (see: trades for Jamal Adams, Jadeveon Clowney and Sheldon Richardson). Although some of their bold moves haven't moved the needle on the field, the aggressive acquisition tactics are part of a go for broke strategy that fits Carroll's upbeat and energetic personality. The ultra-positive head coach blends newbies into the fabric of the team while nurturing young players along the way. With Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf and Chris Carson flourishing as homegrown stars for the Russell Wilson-led offense, Seattle's exceptional developmental model and bold acquisitions yield big results (one Super Bowl title, two NFC championships, playoff berths in seven of the past eight seasons) in the Pacific Northwest.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• 94Smith wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:What GM/HC/Ownership tandem in the league is better than John and Pete and our ownership (ownership beginning with Allen)?

Kansas City, Baltimore, and New Orleans.

Care to provide some or any context or metric to this statement. Or you just like their uniforms look
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

• Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:What GM/HC/Ownership tandem in the league is better than John and Pete and our ownership (ownership beginning with Allen)?

Care to provide some or any context or metric to this statement. Or you just like their uniforms look

Before last year, Andy Reid was the sad sack of the HC world every year fighting for his job because he could "never win the big one."

He get's arguably the most talented young QB in 25 years, and all of a sudden he's a genius. Amazing how good players make owners, GM's and coaches geniuses.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Nunya wrote:Some of you are a bunch of Karens. If things don't go your way, you're looking for the head of the manager.

I'll just put this here:

Rank
    Seattle Seahawks
    The 'Hawks operate under a high-risk, high-reward premise when it comes to team building. Schneider isn't afraid to pull the trigger on a blockbuster deal to acquire a five-star talent to boost the roster (see: trades for Jamal Adams, Jadeveon Clowney and Sheldon Richardson). Although some of their bold moves haven't moved the needle on the field, the aggressive acquisition tactics are part of a go for broke strategy that fits Carroll's upbeat and energetic personality. The ultra-positive head coach blends newbies into the fabric of the team while nurturing young players along the way. With Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf and Chris Carson flourishing as homegrown stars for the Russell Wilson-led offense, Seattle's exceptional developmental model and bold acquisitions yield big results (one Super Bowl title, two NFC championships, playoff berths in seven of the past eight seasons) in the Pacific Northwest.

This team has gotten worse year after year since 2013. If you want to continue to praise him for 2 good drafts more power to you. His trades have been disasters to say the least.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

• Although I think it was mostly Pete, the Jamal Adams trade will go down as one of the worst in franchise history, especially after we give him $16 million per year (minimum).
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:Although I think it was mostly Pete, the Jamal Adams trade will go down as one of the worst in franchise history, especially after we give him $16 million per year (minimum).

That's going to take some doing, because we've had some doozies.

Deion Branch
    Tony Dorsett for the #14 pick
    Multiple picks, including first rounder for Kelly Stouffer
    Jimmy Graham
    two high picks for Charlie Whitehurst
    three high picks for Percy Harvin

I mean, Adams already leads the team in sacks with missing four games, that's already better than most of these trades.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:Although I think it was mostly Pete, the Jamal Adams trade will go down as one of the worst in franchise history, especially after we give him $16 million per year (minimum).

Deion Branch
    Jimmy Graham

I mean, Adams already leads the team in sacks with missing four games, that's already better than most of these trades.

Yikes valid point - I forgot about some of those.
    It pains me to think we could have traded 1st round picks for a couple of really good pass rushers (or even corners) who actually positively affect this defense.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:Although I think it was mostly Pete, the Jamal Adams trade will go down as one of the worst in franchise history, especially after we give him $16 million per year (minimum).

Deion Branch
    Jimmy Graham

It pains me to think we could have traded 1st round picks for a couple of really good pass rushers (or even corners) who actually positively affect this defense.

When's the last time we had a great 1st round pick? Bruce Irvin? Earl Thomas? Okung?

Sorry, I'll take one of the top 10 defenders in the league for the next 5-6 years over more 1st round duds.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

Deion Branch
    Jimmy Graham

When's the last time we had a great 1st round pick? Bruce Irvin? Earl Thomas? Okung?

Sorry, I'll take one of the top 10 defenders in the league for the next 5-6 years over more 1st round duds.

Absolutely true - although I think that is a bad reason to justify the trade. We suck at drafting in the 1st round is a bigger issue. And so far I just don't see how Adams makes this defense any better. I actually think he makes them worse than with McDougald because they are so infatuated with blitzing him too much. Lets see how he does tonight because he should be spying Murray a lot. Anyway more of an off-season discussion about the overall roster construction and coaching on the defense both being terrible.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:
    Absolutely true - although I think that is a bad reason to justify the trade. We suck at drafting in the 1st round is a bigger issue. And so far I just don't see how Adams makes this defense any better. I actually think he makes them worse than with McDougald because they are so infatuated with blitzing him too much. Lets see how he does tonight because he should be spying Murray a lot. Anyway more of an off-season discussion about the overall roster construction and coaching on the defense both being terrible.

Hard to evaluate Adams, considering he's been gone for four weeks, and the weeks he has been in he's been disruptive but inconsistent, especially in pass coverage.

It'll take time to see how best to use him, so I'm certainly nowhere near ready to call the trade a bust. He's a beast, we saw that against Atlanta, he singlehandedly destroyed their offense.

My hope is we'll get Quinn back next off season, or another more creative D-Coordinator that can maximize Adam's effectiveness...........and not just blitz him off the edge 20 times a game like Norton's doing.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:

Hard to evaluate Adams, considering he's been gone for four weeks, and the weeks he has been in he's been disruptive but inconsistent, especially in pass coverage.

It'll take time to see how best to use him, so I'm certainly nowhere near ready to call the trade a bust. He's a beast, we saw that against Atlanta, he singlehandedly destroyed their offense.

My hope is we'll get Quinn back next off season, or another more creative D-Coordinator that can maximize Adam's effectiveness...........and not just blitz him off the edge 20 times a game like Norton's doing.

Definitely. And I do think Adams is a great player. My concern when the trade was made is that the defense has so many other needs, what we had to give up and the $$ we will have to pay him it was hard to justify. Let's hope tonight he has a huge game and knocks Murray around a couple times.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    iigakusei wrote:

Definitely. And I do think Adams is a great player. My concern when the trade was made is that the defense has so many other needs, what we had to give up and the $$ we will have to pay him it was hard to justify. Let's hope tonight he has a huge game and knocks Murray around a couple times.

Yep, this is what happens when you don't draft well over a long period of time, you get desperate and have to make trades like this.......because the roster is mediocre.

Certainly the case on the defensive side of the ball. McDowell, Collier, Blair (not his fault but still not a part), Barton, Green, Griffin, Hill, Jones, Reed, etc. Those are our 1st-3rd rounders that should be the cornerstones of our defense.

Some good players, but where are the great players we need in order to restock the defense into at LEAST a top 10 defense. There's not, it's a below average defense with below average players. So there you go, desperation trades like Adams.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• iigakusei wrote:Although I think it was mostly Pete, the Jamal Adams trade will go down as one of the worst in franchise history, especially after we give him $16 million per year (minimum).

The worst trade in franchise history? Being a little dramatic, wouldn't ya say?
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:

Before last year, Andy Reid was the sad sack of the HC world every year fighting for his job because he could "never win the big one."

He get's arguably the most talented young QB in 25 years, and all of a sudden he's a genius. Amazing how good players make owners, GM's and coaches geniuses.

Like Russell Wilson? Pot calling the Kettle black there. Andy Reid played in 4 NFC championships and one Super Bowl before winning in KC. Also did pretty darn good with Alex Smith

Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    94Smith wrote:

Superbowls this decade, HOF worthy coaching, multiple successful drafts, successful free agents, wins
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• Also can add in New England.
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• RCATES wrote:
    Nunya wrote:Some of you are a bunch of Karens. If things don't go your way, you're looking for the head of the manager.

I'll just put this here:

Rank
    Seattle Seahawks

This team has gotten worse year after year since 2013. If you want to continue to praise him for 2 good drafts more power to you. His trades have been disasters to say the least.

Lol......when people use the bar of a Superbowl win to measure a team, it makes it much easier to say "This team has gotten worse year after year since 2013" if they do not win again. I guess then that EVERY team that won the SB and then did not the next year got worse.

The Seahawks have been competitive every single season since 2013. Not too many teams can say that. Methinks that some people just expect every season to be perfect and when it is not, they want to fire everybody.....even if that firing could actually hurt the team. There is very little deep thought from these type of people.

So tell me, if they fire Schneider, who do they replace him with that would GUARANTEE that they team improves? If there is no guarantee, then there is no reason to fire Schneider as he is still the competent GM he has always been since he got here.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• 94Smith wrote:Also can add in New England.

Yeah, just keep blurbing out whatever teams you want, with no facts behind these claims. I'm surprised you haven't said 49'ers yet. Maybe because they suck? lol :49ersmall:
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

• If they fired Schneider, he'd be snapped up in under 10 milliseconds, and we'd watch another team rise to the top. He's a great GM! Ever since we won the SB, we've had this fan base that is just spoiled AF. Do you even remember the 90's?
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• TypeSly wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Also can add in New England.

Yeah, just keep blurbing out whatever teams you want, with no facts behind these claims. I'm surprised you haven't said 49'ers yet. Maybe because they suck? lol :49ersmall:

If it was coach/gm they would be in the conversation, but it was coach/gm/owner
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• 94Smith wrote:Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

That is probably one of the dumbest comparisons I have ever seen.

Heck, Belichick's record without Russell Wilson or Patrick Mahone is 277-132
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• Nunya wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• 94Smith wrote:
    Nunya wrote:
    94Smith wrote:Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

Both are great coaches. I find it odd you'd discount Pete's tremendous college success, which came after being a relatively decent NFL coach, followed immediately by taking over a horrible Seattle team and turning them into perennial contenders.

I really don't think Reid's track record proves he's better than Carroll. It proves he's damn good, though.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• 94Smith wrote:Pete Carroll's record without Russell Wilson was 47-49. Andy Reids record without Pat Mahomes is 303-200
    But you have to look at context.

Pete had one year as head coach of a Jets team that went 4-28 in the two years after he was fired. They were a TERRIBLE team.

He also had zero control over personnel when he coached the Patriots, where he had a GM who traded away some of the best players, including future HOF RB Curtis Martin (a trade that Pete was absolutely against). Belichick also had a poor record as a HC prior to New England. Then Bill was given total control over the roster for the Pats.

The first two years in Seattle, John and Pete completely overhauled the roster after inheriting a team that had won only 9 games over the two previous seasons. While they only went 7-9 each of those first two years, it was obvious the team was more competitive and was building for the future.

Reid has had roster control since his third year with the Eagles.

Both are excellent coaches. But coaches need players, and the most important one is the guy under center.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• ludakrishna wrote:John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE in draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012/2013 success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ no DL outside of Frank. Got lucky on Cliff and MB in Free Agency. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. WR outside of DK and Tyler have been miserable. TE drafting has been terrible. Reliant on Trades too much and even those have not hit since the Clemons and Beast trades. He needs to be on the hot seat for the failure to backfill with a decent roster but as mentioned earlier, lives off of 2011/2012/2013 success and it needs to stop.
    Move on from Schneider, fire Pete, and trade that too short QB.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:John Schneider is overrated. Only one successful DE in draft (Frank Clark) everyone else has been a bust. Living off of the 2011/2012/2013 success for too long. No DB depth since LOB No LBs since Bobby and KJ no DL outside of Frank. Got lucky on Cliff and MB in Free Agency. Couldn’t develop a Offensive Tackle in house. Outside of Lewis this year, OL drafting has been terrible. WR outside of DK and Tyler have been miserable. TE drafting has been terrible. Reliant on Trades too much and even those have not hit since the Clemons and Beast trades. He needs to be on the hot seat for the failure to backfill with a decent roster but as mentioned earlier, lives off of 2011/2012/2013 success and it needs to stop.
    Move on from Schneider, fire Pete, and trade that too short QB.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Yeah for sure, why not? :177692:

The team would then suck for another 10 years until they found someone who could do the job as well as JS does, keep his team competitive as well as PC and play Qb as well as RW does.

These type threads cause many here to wonder about the the football acumen of some of the posters here.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Some people forget so easily.... why would we voluntarily get rid of John and/or Pete? How many years has it been since we had a losing season? These fans calling for Pete & John’s heads obviously weren’t around to remember the late 80s and all of the 90s... It’s great to be considered relevant & competitive every season, and not a franchise where teams assume a win again you. I guess not winning the Super Bowl every year is grounds to be terminated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Rookie

• 94Smith wrote:
    Nunya wrote:

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy Reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

What is Andy Reid's head to head record vs Pete Carroll? What is Reid's win% in KC vs Pete's win% in Seattle over the same span? Same questions for your other hero teams/coaches...
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• 94Smith wrote:Superbowls this decade, HOF worthy coaching, multiple successful drafts, successful free agents, wins

Saints have had FOUR losing seasons since they won the Superbowl, and 4-6 playoff record. Seahawks 0 losing seasons, and a 5-5 playoff record over a shorter time period.

Baltimore have won just ONE playoff game since since they lost the Superbowl - then they went 5-11 the following year!

1-3 in the playoffs since they won the Superbowl.

The Chiefs are the only team who are now up and coming because they finally got an elite QB on a rookie contract. Let's see where they're at in 2 years time when Mahomes takes up near 20% of their cap room.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• Appyhawk wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    Nunya wrote:

Someone earlier said the only reason Andy reid is considered a great coach is because of Pat Mahomes. I said that was the pot calling the kettle black because you could say the same thing about Pete Carroll. Andy Reid is a superior coach to Pete Carroll and his track record proves it

What is Andy Reid's head to head record vs Pete Carroll? What is Reid's win% in KC vs Pete's win% in Seattle over the same span? Same questions for your other hero teams/coaches...
    Since Pete has been in Seattle, he has faced Andy Reid 7 times - 4 times during the regular season and 3 during preseason.

Regular Season: Pete is 3-1 (1 win vs. Philly in 2011 and the rest vs. KC)

Preseason: Pete is 2-1

Overall: Pete is 5-2
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• sc85sis wrote:While they only went 7-9 each of those first two years, it was obvious the team was more competitive and was building for the future.

Talk about an understatement. Pete & John inherited a bottom 5 NFL roster and turned most of it over well before they drafted Russ. Most teams would love the chance to have seasons like the 2010 and 2011 Seahawks, where we added Marshawn, JForce, Washington, MRob, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Miller, BMW, Okung, Giacomini, Clemons, KJ, Sherman, Browner, Kam, and ET3 to the roster among many others.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

This is rich coming from a whiner fan considering how y'all have been b!@ch' for years about how overrated Russ is and that he needed a good defense and running game to win. You'll say anything to diminish the Hawks.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Yeah that long stint in Philly with McNabb may have had some bearing on it, Reid and Lurie had a pretty good relationship and he was able to basically Play GM with Tom Heckert, Jr. bringing in players, I think he was there 13 years or so, not all winning but most and Super Bowl appearance.

Pete never had a Front office that supported him like Andy had, why he went to USC to do things his way.

But if you include his record there over the same span of time I would bet with Championships and so forth it would be pretty good as well as his record with Seattle.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• These posts are ridiculous!! Hawk fans are spoiled rotten! Go be a Detroit fan or a jets fan then u would have something to complain about!! Hawks football is competitive every year and we are close to being in the big show again!
    bill99350
    NET Bench Warmer

• bill99350 wrote:These posts are ridiculous!! Hawk fans are spoiled rotten! Go be a Detroit fan or a jets fan then u would have something to complain about!! Hawks football is competitive every year and we are close to being in the big show again!

Yeah... it's hard to have an objective discussion if even in the face of all the GM's success people think it's worth saying he should go.

People forget that the Seahawks lost their most potent weapons in the final third of the 2019 season in Penny and Carson; the team has shown itself to be completely different when they have a legitimate running game to compliment Russ.
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:15 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information