Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CenturyLink Field to be renamed Lumen Field

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • CenturyLink Field, home of the Seahawks and Sounders, to be renamed Lumen Field

This will be the fourth name for the stadium, which opened in 2002 and was originally known as Seahawks Stadium.

It became Qwest Field in 2004 and was renamed CenturyLink Field in 2011 when CenturyLink acquired Qwest Communications.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... men-field/
    Cirmman
    NET Rookie

• I don't like it. Unlike Qwest Field, the Clink nickname pretty much became its own thing without needing the Centurylink brand name behind it.

Lumen is kind of lame. No real good nickname potential.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Must be because of the uniform worn tonight??? Action green lumen tops??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• It’s going to be ilLUMENating!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Glumen Doom for the cards

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Starter

• :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

And in case you are unclear on how I feel about the new name...

:pukeface:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote::pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

So if I get this.....you are not lit up about it. :twisted:
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• They couldn't wait until the weekend to announce this news? Who do we have as the color analyst tonight? I can already see the jokes if we lose this game.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• CenturyLink rebranded themselves as Lumen Technologies, hence, the name change.

Failing companies usually rebrand themselves in order to rid themselves of bad publicity or previously bad business decisions for a “new” start.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• NO opposing team comes into the not so friendly confines of LUMEN FIELD and escapes with a win. The Cards are so screwed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Okay the font doesn't look too shabby...I can see it on the roof...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• When fans can attend games again will they be referred to as lumenaries?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:When fans can attend games again will they be referred to as lumenaries?

Lumen-naughtys
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:When fans can attend games again will they be referred to as lumenaries?

Lumen-naughtys

I like it!
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:When fans can attend games again will they be referred to as lumenaries?

I like it! :sarcasm_on:
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hgwellz12 wrote:Lumen-naughtys

That. Is. Awesome.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Barf...just like those putrid green jerseys they are wearing tonight.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• It'll be known around the league as Lemon Field, I imagine.

<edit because 'aroung' is not a word>
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• I don't like it. Does anyone have any idea why they didn't check with me before doing this?
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks have never lost a game at Lumen Field
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Aros wrote::pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

I'm with Todd..
    I like the QWest name but Clink and this :34853_doh: :pukeface:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote::pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

I'm with Todd..
    I like the QWest name but Clink and this :34853_doh: :pukeface:

CenturyLink Field was lame, but the "Clink" nickname made it awesome.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Should not mess with a good thing.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

• Me no likey. Lumen sounds like a baby toy brand.
    motion3
    NET Bench Warmer

• Now I'm even MORE jealous of the Dolphins with Hard Rock Stadium. Damnit.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• But let's Thank All That Is Holy that "Climate Pledge Arena" was already taken...
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Don’t really care. I think selling naming rights to a stadium is dumb.

I always refer to it as “the stadium” same with the Mariners ballpark.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Don’t really care. I think selling naming rights to a stadium is dumb.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:Don’t really care. I think selling naming rights to a stadium is dumb.

It’s all about making that mighty mighty dollar, brother!

If a company came to me and asked to name my house for a few years for millions of dollars, I’m going to consider it!

Lol!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I kind of like it.. cause it will be termed "Iluminatti" has a good D'Vinci ring.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Quest field
    PNW
    NET Starter

• Each victory or loss will be ILumenating
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Not crazy about the name, but I honestly don't mind the idea of shifting away from the CenturyLink because it allows the name to be put to rest alongside a period of seahawk football that was utterly dominant. Haven't liked the fact that home field advantage hasn't meant as much over the last few years or that opposing teams were no longer intimidated to play at the 'C-link'. Let the name be put to rest with the era and let this current incarnation of the hawks write their own legacy under the Lumen name.

Plus, there's a certain poetry to the association between the name and what I see as the chapters of seahawk football evolution over the last 2 decades.

Qwest was about the quest for success and respect after a decade of losing and saw the team become a perennial playoff entrant, division winner and superbowl entrant.

Century link or the 'Clink' was about stating our claim as one of most dominant and intimidating teams in the opening stanza of the 21st century of football. Placing a punctuation mark on all those dreams from the 80s when we were also great and seemingly on the verge of greatness. 'Linking' past hope to present success, old generations of diehard fans to new.

Lumen? The obvious association to illuminating or lumination is there. Could be the chapter in seahawks history where russ and our aerial attack lit up the skies and score boards. Could be that for all those that thought the last few years, post LOB were the sign of a slow regression fornthe team and fade into obscurity, that a return to dominance and both sides of the ball might be illuminating experience. Or, that whatever the new innovation in offensive and defensive strategy, practice or process we innovate that gets copied around the league serves as the next illuminating 'thing' for others to replicate. Like music at practice, high tempo practice, always 'competing', turnover Thursdays, big, long corners, aggressive press coverage and all the rest that PC brought to the Hawks that ultimately changed the league.

Whatever it is, next chapter up . GO HAWKS!
    keasley45
    NET Starter

• So next Uniform Change ....
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Could be worse. CenturyLink could have been bought by Sally Technology.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• Nunya wrote:Could be worse. CenturyLink could have been bought by Sally Technology.

:lol: :177692: :laugh:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Couldn't care less about the name, just win. The league is filled with lame stadium names. To me it's always Seahawks Stadium.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Forego the few bucks and do the right thing...

Paul G. Allen Memorial Field at Seahawks Stadium

Done.
    jman316
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information