Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running Game.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Running Game.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:47 pm
  • Makes a huge difference.

Hurry back C. Carson.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Running Game.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:50 pm
  • And Penny! Could be the best and most complete offense in the playoffs.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:52 pm
  • Definitely helps to have a balanced attack. Nice TOP tonight.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:52 pm
  • Running game was long overdue. But, hopefully Shell will be back soon. Losing him would be huge go the offense.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:53 pm
  • Can Chris Carson last for six straight games?
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 pm
  • We ran the ball really well!

Huge game!
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 am
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Can Chris Carson last for six straight games?

Hell, who knows.
    In fact I have my doubts but I know that Russ needs a valid threat of a running game.

We saw what happens to Russ and our offense when the opposition doesn’t have to worry about us running the ball.

What I do know is, when CC is healthy, he’s a threat.
    Having him added back into the mix will be a big deal.

I guess my original thought was really about my frustration over the previous few games more than anything specific about Carson.
    Lack of a running threat/game was killing us and my hopes of the playoffs.

My hopes are renewed.

This team = roller coaster of emotions.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:38 am
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:Can Chris Carson last for six straight games?

Nope, I would sit him until playoff time and hope he can stay healthy
    PNW
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:43 am
  • Our trades and FA signings have proven to be pivotal decisions this year. We'd be sunk without Hyde, Adams, Dunbar, and Read.
    Carson likely back next game.
    Cards came into the game ranked #1 running attack and we had only given up 20 something yards on the ground in the 3rd quarter while we piled up 165 on the night with ours. If our D can maintain last night's level rest of the way we'll be in pretty good shape.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:44 am
  • We need him for the Rams and Niners games. I would definitely spread his work load out. With Hyde and Penny able to take some of the load, he should be able to stay healthy for TEN games.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 pm
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:23 pm
  • A Seahawk rb hasn't rushed for 100 yds in a single game this season. I thought for sure that Hyde got over a hundred with the Seahawks piling up the rushing yards on the Cards. He ended up with 79 yards on 14 carries. Still ran well.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:00 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:Can Chris Carson last for six straight games?

Hell, who knows.
    In fact I have my doubts but I know that Russ needs a valid threat of a running game.

We saw what happens to Russ and our offense when the opposition doesn’t have to worry about us running the ball.

I guess my original thought was really about my frustration over the previous few games more than anything specific about Carson.

My hopes are renewed.

Correction the oline needs a valid running threat. While they suck at pass blocking they are good at run blocking. A good run game helps the oline in pass blocking. IT also helps we got back to what we were doing in the first 5 games, quick passing, screens, moving the pocket, letting Wilson run early, changing the tempo and snap, etc.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Hell, who knows.

My hopes are renewed.

Correction the oline needs a valid running threat. While they suck at pass blocking they are good at run blocking. A good run game helps the oline in pass blocking. IT also helps we got back to what we were doing in the first 5 games, quick passing, screens, moving the pocket, letting Wilson run early, changing the tempo and snap, etc.

The offensive line does not suck at pass blocking.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:03 pm
  • Hyde is perfectly capable shouldering the load until Carson gets back.

More than capable, he's actually shining in the role. He's starter-quality.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Hyde is perfectly capable shouldering the load until Carson gets back.

More than capable, he's actually shining in the role. He's starter-quality.

Agree Maelstrom. We have an enviable roster.
    I meant Dunlap in the earlier post when I typed Dunbar, but should have included both as both were JS spot market deals.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 pm
  • Cason ,Hyde and Penny... I love this group... I want to see all these guys pound the run game hard core...and then watch Wilson throw a moon ball to Metcalf.... this my friends is the new norm LOL

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 am
  • LTH wrote:Cason ,Hyde and Penny... I love this group... I want to see all these guys pound the run game hard core...and then watch Wilson throw a moon ball to Metcalf.... this my friends is the new norm LOL
    LTH

Don't sleep on my Adopt-a-Rookie RB, DeeJay Dallas. Good between the tackles runner, not as good as Carson or Hyde, but a threat, and very good in the screen game and as a dump-off target, and now getting the pass-pro stuff down.

Excited to see Carson back in action, and hoping to see Penny back in action and to get back to the form he showed late last season.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:19 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    LTH wrote:Cason ,Hyde and Penny... I love this group... I want to see all these guys pound the run game hard core...and then watch Wilson throw a moon ball to Metcalf.... this my friends is the new norm LOL
    LTH

Don't sleep on my Adopt-a-Rookie RB, DeeJay Dallas. Good between the tackles runner, not as good as Carson or Hyde, but a threat, and very good in the screen game and as a dump-off target, and now getting the pass-pro stuff down.

Excited to see Carson back in action, and hoping to see Penny back in action and to get back to the form he showed late last season.

I thought DeeJay showed some flash when he played and looks like he has some skills to build on.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:48 am
  • sutz wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    LTH wrote:Cason ,Hyde and Penny... I love this group... I want to see all these guys pound the run game hard core...and then watch Wilson throw a moon ball to Metcalf.... this my friends is the new norm LOL
    LTH

I thought DeeJay showed some flash when he played and looks like he has some skills to build on.
    I like what we’ve seen of DJ in limited play time. He seems to get better every game. I’m OK with them working him in slowly as he improves.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:24 am
  • sc85sis wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    LTH

I like what we’ve seen of DJ in limited play time. He seems to get better every game. I’m OK with them working him in slowly as he improves.

Agreed, although I'd put Dallas ahead of Penny at this point. Carson, Hyde, and Dallas aren't afraid to hit the hole and truck someone. I still don't have a good feel for who Penny is. If Marshawn could bite him and turn him into a werewolf, he could be special but... Collins and Scarborough have looked better this time around as well.

That's a good stable. And with Reed returning kicks so well, I think Homer's days are numbered.
    Own The West
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:35 pm
  • PNW wrote:

Nope, I would sit him until playoff time and hope he can stay healthy

That would be silly to sit him until playoffs, because he still needs to be in rhythm. He won't last six straight games with his usual load of 25-30 carries a game, though. If the coaching staff were smart, they would split the load between Carson and Hyde for the rest of the season, ensuring both backs are nice and fresh for the playoffs.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information