Running Game.

sutz

Reaction score
Definitely helps to have a balanced attack. Nice TOP tonight.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Running game was long overdue. But, hopefully Shell will be back soon. Losing him would be huge go the offense.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1r08bnh9 said:
Can Chris Carson last for six straight games?

Hell, who knows.
In fact I have my doubts but I know that Russ needs a valid threat of a running game.

We saw what happens to Russ and our offense when the opposition doesn’t have to worry about us running the ball.

What I do know is, when CC is healthy, he’s a threat.
Having him added back into the mix will be a big deal.

I guess my original thought was really about my frustration over the previous few games more than anything specific about Carson.
Lack of a running threat/game was killing us and my hopes of the playoffs.

My hopes are renewed.

This team = roller coaster of emotions.

PNW

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":29jmtibq said:
Nope, I would sit him until playoff time and hope he can stay healthy

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Our trades and FA signings have proven to be pivotal decisions this year. We'd be sunk without Hyde, Adams, Dunbar, and Read.
Carson likely back next game.
Cards came into the game ranked #1 running attack and we had only given up 20 something yards on the ground in the 3rd quarter while we piled up 165 on the night with ours. If our D can maintain last night's level rest of the way we'll be in pretty good shape.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We need him for the Rams and Niners games. I would definitely spread his work load out. With Hyde and Penny able to take some of the load, he should be able to stay healthy for TEN games.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
A Seahawk rb hasn't rushed for 100 yds in a single game this season. I thought for sure that Hyde got over a hundred with the Seahawks piling up the rushing yards on the Cards. He ended up with 79 yards on 14 carries. Still ran well.

John63

Reaction score
pmedic920":102m7ovz said:
Bigpumpkin":102m7ovz said:

Hell, who knows.
In fact I have my doubts but I know that Russ needs a valid threat of a running game.

We saw what happens to Russ and our offense when the opposition doesn’t have to worry about us running the ball.

I guess my original thought was really about my frustration over the previous few games more than anything specific about Carson.

My hopes are renewed.

Correction the oline needs a valid running threat. While they suck at pass blocking they are good at run blocking. A good run game helps the oline in pass blocking. IT also helps we got back to what we were doing in the first 5 games, quick passing, screens, moving the pocket, letting Wilson run early, changing the tempo and snap, etc.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1hovg7ip said:
pmedic920":1hovg7ip said:
Bigpumpkin":1hovg7ip said:

Hell, who knows.

My hopes are renewed.

Correction the oline needs a valid running threat. While they suck at pass blocking they are good at run blocking. A good run game helps the oline in pass blocking. IT also helps we got back to what we were doing in the first 5 games, quick passing, screens, moving the pocket, letting Wilson run early, changing the tempo and snap, etc.

The offensive line does not suck at pass blocking.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hyde is perfectly capable shouldering the load until Carson gets back.

More than capable, he's actually shining in the role. He's starter-quality.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":3cm78ziy said:
Hyde is perfectly capable shouldering the load until Carson gets back.

More than capable, he's actually shining in the role. He's starter-quality.

Agree Maelstrom. We have an enviable roster.
I meant Dunlap in the earlier post when I typed Dunbar, but should have included both as both were JS spot market deals.

LTH

Reaction score
Cason ,Hyde and Penny... I love this group... I want to see all these guys pound the run game hard core...and then watch Wilson throw a moon ball to Metcalf.... this my friends is the new norm LOL

LTH

olyfan63

Reaction score
LTH":2cqrmgsj said:
Cason ,Hyde and Penny... I love this group... I want to see all these guys pound the run game hard core...and then watch Wilson throw a moon ball to Metcalf.... this my friends is the new norm LOL
LTH

Don't sleep on my Adopt-a-Rookie RB, DeeJay Dallas. Good between the tackles runner, not as good as Carson or Hyde, but a threat, and very good in the screen game and as a dump-off target, and now getting the pass-pro stuff down.

Excited to see Carson back in action, and hoping to see Penny back in action and to get back to the form he showed late last season.

sutz

Reaction score
olyfan63":1inbg0xe said:
LTH":1inbg0xe said:
LTH

Don't sleep on my Adopt-a-Rookie RB, DeeJay Dallas. Good between the tackles runner, not as good as Carson or Hyde, but a threat, and very good in the screen game and as a dump-off target, and now getting the pass-pro stuff down.

Excited to see Carson back in action, and hoping to see Penny back in action and to get back to the form he showed late last season.
I thought DeeJay showed some flash when he played and looks like he has some skills to build on.

sc85sis

Reaction score
sutz":3hyb3btn said:
olyfan63":3hyb3btn said:
LTH":3hyb3btn said:
LTH

I thought DeeJay showed some flash when he played and looks like he has some skills to build on.
I like what we’ve seen of DJ in limited play time. He seems to get better every game. I’m OK with them working him in slowly as he improves.