Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damian Lewis appreciation thread.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Damian Lewis appreciation thread.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:21 pm
  • As a rookie he was asked to play Center the most cerebral position on the O-Line at the last minute and a position he hadn't played since High School, and despite some dubious calls against him, he did an incredible job!
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Re: Damian Lewis appreciation thread.
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm
  • He was asked to do something he may not have been totally comfortable with but overall, he did well.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:25 pm
  • Indeed. :2thumbs:

Had a couple of rookie mistakes, but overall was damn decent.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 pm
  • He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.
    Almost as bad as the OBVIOUS blow to the head on Russ that would have given us a first down and basically game over.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 pm
  • Also that holding call on Lewis after that DK pass was some BS
    PNW
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 pm
  • Jinx :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:04 pm
  • His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:54 am
  • Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
    I think he can play anywhere and do very well,I wish we had
    more just like him.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:16 am
  • MrThortan wrote:His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:

This is an awesome post to read, more for what it says about Pocic than about the fantastic performance of Damien Lewis. Love the Lewis pick and love his amazing performance so far this year!

It's awesome to read that posters are looking forward to seeing Pocic back in the lineup at center! The same Pocic many were calling a bust, a wasted draft pick, a year ago. The same Pocic who beat out that free agent B.J. Finney we traded to Cincinnati to get Carlos Dunlap!

Yeah, consensus seems to be that Pocic was average or below as a Guard, not strong enough for the NFL, etc. Seems to be doing well as a Center, and hope Pocic is back in the lineup soon so we can move the amazing rookie Damien Lewis back to Guard!
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:30 am
  • MrThortan wrote:His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:

/\ /\ what he said
    AlbaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:04 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
    more just like him.

Interesting that their best OL pick in their tenure happened after they hired Hutch as a special consultant in the off season.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:56 am
  • Between Lewis and Pocic maybe the winning formula is just keep drafting LSU linemen :)
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:16 am
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:Between Lewis and Pocic maybe the winning formula is just keep drafting LSU linemen :)

^^^This. Any lineman (O or D) who played for Ed Orgeron is going to be well-schooled in the art of being tough.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:18 am
  • Good pick
    Dallashawksfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:30 am
  • You have to give the young man credit. He did well not playing the position in college at all. As stated that holding call was total BS.

This also helps us have a potential backup center able to jump over when needed.

Picnic needs to get back into the living neup soon.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:41 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.
    Almost as bad as the OBVIOUS blow to the head on Russ that would have given us a first down and basically game over.

My exact thoughts and I posted them in the chat last night.

Lewis did a great job last night considering the complete scenario. I see him being an asset for a long time.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:07 am
  • Rookie...playing a position he doesn't or hasn't played...comes in and only makes a few mistakes?

This kid is a keeper.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am
  • It's almost as if there has been a monkey on John and Pete's backs, whispering in their ears, and leading to bad picks, for several years, and now that monkey is gone. LOL
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am
  • Lewis has been an absolute home run of a draft pick thus far. Especially for a third round pick.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:06 pm
  • Interestingly, Poccic and Lewis may be building block for our future OL, if Shell keeps improving some, may be he is part of that block too.

Not sure if Jamarco could be our starting RG? What do you guys think? If he could, all we need is a future LT to be mentored by Brown. I don't buy Jamarco being our future T.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 pm
    First time EVER playing center. Pretty remarkable.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:34 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:
    MrThortan wrote:His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:
    First time EVER playing center. Pretty remarkable.

He has played Center, just not as a College player from my understanding.

His snaps were not as bad as many guys we have seen play it much more.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:06 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:It's almost as if there has been a monkey on John and Pete's backs, whispering in their ears, and leading to bad picks, for several years, and now that monkey is gone. LOL

I got a chuckle out of this! :) Yeah, I think someone was watching too much Cable TV.

Tusc2000 wrote:
    HawkRiderFan wrote:Between Lewis and Pocic maybe the winning formula is just keep drafting LSU linemen :)

^^^This. Any lineman (O or D) who played for Ed Orgeron is going to be well-schooled in the art of being tough.

Tusc2000 mentioned Ed Orgeron from LSU, only drafting his linemen, so does this mean that the Steven Sullivan experiment at DE is over and we can look forward to him being our LT of the future? TE Garry Gilliam made the move to T, so why not Sullivan?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:29 am
  • How Lewis dropped to the third round is shocking. He's playing like a top 10 pick. He also proved versatility along the interior of line. I keep forgetting that this is his first year in the NFL. He can still be even better.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:55 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
    more just like him.

To be fair, they let Cable pick the OL. That's like me letting my 4yo pick dinner every night. It's going to be unhealthy, and we will end up getting no value from it.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:52 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.

It was a bad call but most of the time that happens because of a hold and his hand did get around to the back of the DL. It was very clearly not a hold at all on replay but I don't fully fault the refs for it. Sometime their angle makes something look like a clear cut flag but actually isn't. That's something Id like to see be reviewable.

And, IMO, the refs gave bad calls to AZ just as much as to us. Olsen false start, a DPI or two that weren't called. And I believe one DPI they called in our favor that shouldn't have been. Anyway, the refs weren't great but I think it more or less evened out.
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:20 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
    more just like him.

To be fair, they let Cable pick the OL. That's like me letting my 4yo pick dinner every night. It's going to be unhealthy, and we will end up getting no value from it.

He's actually been quite good with the Raiders. I think he just wasn't a good fit here after a while. It was a chemistry thing.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:16 am

• Good friggin' lord! This kid played center in an emergency situation, without taking any real amount of reps at the spot, and look at him! LOOK AT HIM!

This guy can seriously handle anything that's thrown at him. He's got hall of fame potential if he continues improving and stays healthy.

Most impressive individual performance I've seen this year.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:05 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    CPHawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
    more just like him.

He's actually been quite good with the Raiders. I think he just wasn't a good fit here after a while. It was a chemistry thing.

The Raiders O-line has looked good the last two years. Perhaps the problem was the chemistry with Bevell. But I doubt he gets to pick the O-Line players on the Raiders. Probably gives an opinion, but that's it.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:08 pm
  • https://youtu.be/lA0gy4KJMTU

The clip that matters here is in the first 30 seconds. The guy here that Lewis dominates is Tyler Shelving, who is considered an upper round pick, and is 360lbs. Like, watch him hit Lewis with all his might, and Lewis just absorbs it and then flips him onto his behind. Now that is real strength.
    Teahawks
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:41 am

Why didn't Russ come up pointing to his helmet like DeAndre did? He probably gets that call if he does...
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information