Damian Lewis appreciation thread.

andyh64000

Reaction score
As a rookie he was asked to play Center the most cerebral position on the O-Line at the last minute and a position he hadn't played since High School, and despite some dubious calls against him, he did an incredible job!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
He was asked to do something he may not have been totally comfortable with but overall, he did well.

sutz

Reaction score
Indeed. :2thumbs:

Had a couple of rookie mistakes, but overall was damn decent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.
Almost as bad as the OBVIOUS blow to the head on Russ that would have given us a first down and basically game over.

PNW

Reaction score
Also that holding call on Lewis after that DK pass was some BS

MrThortan

Reaction score
His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
I think he can play anywhere and do very well,I wish we had
more just like him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
MrThortan":3cwna63y said:
His mistakes were frustrating, but considering he is a rookie, starting at center for the first time in the NFL, and it was a short week, he did considerably well. His name was called and he stepped up to help the team. Hopefully Pocic will be back next week though :lol:

This is an awesome post to read, more for what it says about Pocic than about the fantastic performance of Damien Lewis. Love the Lewis pick and love his amazing performance so far this year!

It's awesome to read that posters are looking forward to seeing Pocic back in the lineup at center! The same Pocic many were calling a bust, a wasted draft pick, a year ago. The same Pocic who beat out that free agent B.J. Finney we traded to Cincinnati to get Carlos Dunlap!

Yeah, consensus seems to be that Pocic was average or below as a Guard, not strong enough for the NFL, etc. Seems to be doing well as a Center, and hope Pocic is back in the lineup soon so we can move the amazing rookie Damien Lewis back to Guard!

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
MrThortan":1ac1438b said:

/\ /\ what he said

ludakrishna

Reaction score
IndyHawk":394x8wyq said:
Lewis is the best OL pick JS/PC have made in all this time.
I think he can play anywhere and do very well,I wish we had
more just like him.

Interesting that their best OL pick in their tenure happened after they hired Hutch as a special consultant in the off season.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Between Lewis and Pocic maybe the winning formula is just keep drafting LSU linemen :)

Tusc2000

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":201sy3ix said:
Between Lewis and Pocic maybe the winning formula is just keep drafting LSU linemen :)

^^^This. Any lineman (O or D) who played for Ed Orgeron is going to be well-schooled in the art of being tough.

kf3339

Reaction score
You have to give the young man credit. He did well not playing the position in college at all. As stated that holding call was total BS.

This also helps us have a potential backup center able to jump over when needed.

Picnic needs to get back into the living neup soon.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pi474k5 said:
He gets ran over, both guys fall down, and they call holding????? That was a horrific call.
Almost as bad as the OBVIOUS blow to the head on Russ that would have given us a first down and basically game over.

My exact thoughts and I posted them in the chat last night.

Lewis did a great job last night considering the complete scenario. I see him being an asset for a long time.

Elemas

Reaction score
Rookie...playing a position he doesn't or hasn't played...comes in and only makes a few mistakes?

This kid is a keeper.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's almost as if there has been a monkey on John and Pete's backs, whispering in their ears, and leading to bad picks, for several years, and now that monkey is gone. LOL

Chapow

Reaction score
Lewis has been an absolute home run of a draft pick thus far. Especially for a third round pick.

toffee

Reaction score
Interestingly, Poccic and Lewis may be building block for our future OL, if Shell keeps improving some, may be he is part of that block too.

Not sure if Jamarco could be our starting RG? What do you guys think? If he could, all we need is a future LT to be mentored by Brown. I don't buy Jamarco being our future T.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk