Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Scarbrough injury

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Bo Scarbrough injury
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:59 pm
  • When I watched what happened to him it made me sick, talk about the worst splits you've ever seen. His leg was laying right next to his head and shoulder. OUCH! Well Ihope Bo can bounce back ok.

Cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Re: Bo Scarbrough injury
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 pm
  • They said is a hamstring. I'm surprised it wasn't a groin. Maybe it's both. You're right, my body certainly won't do that under normal circustances. :shock:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:17 pm
  • Hoping for Bo and relatively good news from the injury report, but like ppl said, looked like a hammy or a groin. it's probably good that we're going into a relatively easy stretch as if it's just that we might have him back by week 15. Or save him for the playoffs.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:27 pm
  • It looked like a nasty hamstring /groin pull from the position he was in.

He reverted today to the PS and will likely go on IR to recover then be added back to the PS to be called up again if needed .

To me he looked fit and ran HARD, he looks to be a guy the team might want to keep around.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm
  • If Carson comes back, they don't need him that much
    Dallashawksfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:29 pm
  • I was hurt just watching the replay.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:57 pm
  • That was one of those injuries that made my groin hurt. I can't imagine there are too many more painful types of injuries than that.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:28 pm
  • Dallashawksfan wrote:If Carson comes back, they don't need him that much

That might be true, but he was looking good while it lasted. I even liked what I saw from Collins last week. Anyway, with Carson, Hyde, and Dallas available I doubt we'll try to do more than those 3 can do. And Penny is apparently getting close to a return date as well!
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm

Bo looked like a mini Derrick Henry at Alabama, I don't' see a big drop off from Homer or Dallas to him so it's nice to have him on call so to speak. Hope he heal quickly
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:10 pm

For how long, Bones?!

For.

How.

Long.?!
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:19 pm

That may be true now, but Bo looks like the future to me.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:46 pm
  • I was annoyed that nobody asked Pete about Bo during the presser today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:25 pm
  • James in PA wrote:I was annoyed that nobody asked Pete about Bo during the presser today.

Can you share where you're getting the updated info for another out-of-marketer? ty
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:34 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    James in PA wrote:I was annoyed that nobody asked Pete about Bo during the presser today.

Can you share where you're getting the updated info for another out-of-marketer? ty
    Just go on YouTube and search Pete Carroll. They usually post his most recent presser not long after he has it. Or you can use the Seahawks app or Seahawks.com, but I usually get better results going straight to YouTube.

James in PA
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 pm
  • Wenhawk wrote:
    Dallashawksfan wrote:If Carson comes back, they don't need him that much

Bo looked like a mini Derrick Henry at Alabama, I don't' see a big drop off from Homer or Dallas to him so it's nice to have him on call so to speak. Hope he heal quickly

Other then they can't consistently run between the tackles.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:56 pm
  • James in PA wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    James in PA wrote:I was annoyed that nobody asked Pete about Bo during the presser today.

Just go on YouTube and search Pete Carroll. They usually post his most recent presser not long after he has it. Or you can use the Seahawks app or Seahawks.com, but I usually get better results going straight to YouTube.

I did that but the pressers come in with little sound over my devices. Which is weird b/c other yt and sites come in with normal sound.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:01 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:

I think we'll see that DeeJay Dallas can effectively run between the tackles, much more so than Homer. Is he Chris Carson? No, there's only one of those. Can Dallas as a running threat keep a defense honest in having to play the run? I believe we'll see the answer is YES. Plus his effectiveness in the screen game and as a receiver. We're starting to see a little more each week the reasons the Hawks drafted Dallas and kept him on the roster and have been consistently giving him reps. A potential comp that Hawk fans might relate to would be former Seahawk Justin Forsett, who had a Pro Bowl year of 1250+ yards with the Ravens, IIRC, 2014, including a 120 yard rushing game in the playoffs.

I did like what we saw from Bo Scarbrough before the injury. Hope he recovers in time to be available for the playoffs if we should need a running back due to injuries. He's been around the Seahawks a few times, training camps, IIRC.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm
  • if scarborough were healthy he'd be a great back. he might actually be the 1st or 2nd best runner on this team.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:05 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:

I think we'll see that DeeJay Dallas can effectively run between the tackles, much more so than Homer. Is he Chris Carson? No, there's only one of those. Can Dallas as a running threat keep a defense honest in having to play the run? I believe we'll see the answer is YES. Plus his effectiveness in the screen game and as a receiver. We're starting to see a little more each week the reasons the Hawks drafted Dallas and kept him on the roster and have been consistently giving him reps. A potential comp that Hawk fans might relate to would be former Seahawk Justin Forsett, who had a Pro Bowl year of 1250+ yards with the Ravens, IIRC, 2014, including a 120 yard rushing game in the playoffs.

I did like what we saw from Bo Scarbrough before the injury. Hope he recovers in time to be available for the playoffs if we should need a running back due to injuries. He's been around the Seahawks a few times, training camps, IIRC.

PC said Penny is coming back very soon so..
    Carson,Hyde,Penny and Collins?
    Two Rb's will be gone(likely)
    I think Homer is gone and Dallas might be..
    We see how people fall in love with RB's in here
    that never make it anywhere or are scrap players.
    Forsett was one that somehow got away but for
    the most part PC/JS let the right RB's go
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    James in PA wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:

I did that but the pressers come in with little sound over my devices. Which is weird b/c other yt and sites come in with normal sound.

Try using headphones???
    PNW
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:52 am
  • Interesting they used him instead of DJ Dallas in the close important game
    massari
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 am
  • Penny, Carson, Hyde, Collins, Bo, Dallas, Homer, and our one FB Bellore, Bo and Collins on PS right now, BO may go IR if we fill up, with our snake bit situation with RB's I don't think we cut guys loose though. We will get creative.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 am
  • Wow. Yeah. It was fun watching Bo and Carlos knocking down Cardinals like bowling pins. Both with decent speed and cuts. I loved watching Bo as a college player. Great pick up. Bellore and Homer probably odd men out to my thinking. (considering PS and main 53). I didn't notice in the game but Bo looks like somebody that physically take on pass rushers to help protect Russ too. Not a given with all backs.
    capncrunch
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:28 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:PC said Penny is coming back very soon so..

I just remember losing all our healthy RBs last year. I relate to what you are saying about "falling in love" with RBs. Dallas is my adopt-a-rookie so he's "special", lol. It's hard to know who stays or goes because ST impact factors in for those roster bubble guys. Homer has a rep as a good Special Teamer, don't know about Dallas yet, though I think he is a good kick returner.

I really do think Forsett is a decent comp for Dallas, but it took Forsett a couple years to find his groove, his niche, in the NFL. I think Dallas sticks because of his all-around versatility.

I was never on the bandwagon for the one RB who looked good the one preseason, the short super quick guy, but I see he is on the field (for an NFC East team?) and making positive plays for them. His name will come to me as soon as I press submit... Let's see... Troymaine Pope, but then there was another one, kind of a poor man's Percy Harvin, he's the one getting PT 2 years later.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am
  • Didn't get to see much of Bo, but from what we did see I would estimate he is one of our top 3 between the tackle types. Definitely worth keeping in the wings. I see Homer as the odd man out.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:44 am
  • Homer is pretty solid in pass protect. That's the main reason he was the 3d down back. Would def be nice to see us go into the stretch with health RB options.

Bo was intriguing in the few snaps we saw from him. Runs hard, and with his size he can steam roll a safety with the best of them.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:51 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:PC said Penny is coming back very soon so..

Forsett had one good season as a feature back - right around the time Lynch was at his peak, so no big loss there.

Collins stayed on the practice squad for the Arizona game and I imagine that will continue to be the case when Penny is activated.

Both Homer and Dallas will probably stay because they are cheap insurance cover for a position where we've had injuries strike at the worst possible time. More likely to see Nick Bellore cut to make room I imagine - as a 10y veteran his minimum salary is a good bit higher than both rookies (who also carry some dead cap weight), and he has only played a handful of offensive snaps (17). It depends whether they see his value add on Special Teams as being that much greater than Dallas/Homer.

More likely than not.Hyde is the odd man out in 2021 if we resign Carson since he was signed as Penny insurance given they expected he wouldn't be ready until... well the other two are both cheap backups.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:43 am
  • themunn wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:PC said Penny is coming back very soon so..

Forsett had one good season as a feature back - right around the time Lynch was at his peak, so no big loss there.

Collins stayed on the practice squad for the Arizona game and I imagine that will continue to be the case when Penny is activated.

Both Homer and Dallas will probably stay because they are cheap insurance cover for a position where we've had injuries strike at the worst possible time. More likely to see Nick Bellore cut to make room I imagine - as a 10y veteran his minimum salary is a good bit higher than both rookies (who also carry some dead cap weight), and he has only played a handful of offensive snaps (17). It depends whether they see his value add on Special Teams as being that much greater than Dallas/Homer.

More likely than not.Hyde is the odd man out in 2021 if we resign Carson since he was signed as Penny insurance given they expected he wouldn't be ready until... well the other two are both cheap backups.

You can only sign Carson for a low guarantee, incentive laden one year contract for next year. That will be after every other team passes on his contract demands. The odds of that happening are very remote. Some team with a lot of cap space (even with the expected drop in cap next year) is going to offer him more than we can or should commit.

Hyde will be a better option for us. Our cap needs to go other places with most primarily on defense. I just don't see keeping an injury prone RB for anything other than a very low one year contract. Carson isn't going to be with us next year. Just saying.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:44 am
  • Gonna be interesting what happens with the cap. Lot of revenues lost this year.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:15 am
  • sutz wrote:Gonna be interesting what happens with the cap. Lot of revenues lost this year.

That's the problem. I'm been hearing as much as $30M drop per team. Perhaps more. No UDFA is getting their demands met this off-season. Teams are going to be slashing expensive vets who will be lucky to find another similar contract. It will be even worse for average player contracts.

Some vets will be asked to slash their current contracts just to stay with their current team. It's going to be ugly for next year, and perhaps the year after that. We don't even know if 2022 will be back to normal. Thousands of companies are shutting their doors permanently. Millions of people are out of work and may never find another decent job again. Players need to be prepared for that reality and what it will mean to their contracts. Television contracts could drop far more than anyone realizes. Companies are going to be slashing their marketing budgets. Professional sports is going to be impacted. Just saying.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:32 am
  • One solution, ask Bobby and Russell to restructure, then go down from there, everyone knows the impact of Covid, the real selfish ones won't budge granted but across the league we may see a lot of restructure, guys on teams like the Jets will balk and be thankful to get cut and move on, guys on teams like the Seahawks while not wanting to give a service away may adjust something, either a year off their contract to hit FA a year early if they want or shifting Salary to Bonus money, it will be interesting, NFL has not went backward in Cap for a very long time if ever.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:29 pm
  • In the grand scheme of things (and trying not to get "political") all forms of entertainment have taken huge hits and may not recover for years, if ever. The NFL is just part of that club. I hope the Seahawks have some plans in place to workt this out. RB has not traditionally been a high investment position, with a few exceptions. Given the cap ramifications, Scarborough might be the future for us at RB.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:59 pm
  • sutz wrote:In the grand scheme of things (and trying not to get "political") all forms of entertainment have taken huge hits and may not recover for years, if ever. The NFL is just part of that club. I hope the Seahawks have some plans in place to workt this out. RB has not traditionally been a high investment position, with a few exceptions. Given the cap ramifications, Scarborough might be the future for us at RB.

You would think that players would see the writing on the wall and take less in these weird times...

Even in a regular year, how many times have you seen a player leave the Seahawks for more money and then get cut a couple of years later and end up back with the Hawks for less money?

If I were Carson with the amount of talent behind him, I would not be asking for the moon...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information