Carlos Dunlap Interviews

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Been meaning to ask if any of you have been enjoying these interviews with Carlos as much as I have? I can’t quite put my finger on it but he cracks me up. Something about his personality, a bit self effacing, giggles at times which makes me respond in kind. He clearly loves being here and we clearly love having him be here. The production is already evident and the post game interviews are just icing on the cake.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sheesh, answering my own thread here but watching more of his post game interview I now know who he reminds me of.

Shaun Alexander. Similar voice and character. Even after a loss he came off personable and humble. Shaun always struck me in the same way. Quick to smile and laugh. Gotta love a dude who brings it on the field and has a cool personality off of it.

W

Welshers

He's hilarious. And super humble like you said. I really like the guy and his demeanor. I feel like from hearing him talk I'd never guess he was a football player

FPD

Reaction score
I totally get how he reminds you of SA! That infectious smile and he's humble, like you said. Great addition to our team!

sutz

Reaction score
Too many sports interviews are boring and full of dumb cliches. Carlos just looks and acts like he's having fun. Gotta love that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His smile reminds me of SA, but he’s different and more humble.

It’s awesome to see he’s starting to work some chemistry with Reed and Poona, but even better to see he thinks we are just beginning to see what he can do with the others. I am truly excited to see what happens with the line and the collective pass rush as the D begins to return to health.

This was a great acquisition, JS scored big with this trade! By the end of the season it will be seen as a huge positive around the league.

Totally loved his comments on the team culture of positivity, some here could take a lesson from it.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
There ya go Jammer!
I think I noticed one thing I would add to the "chemistry" point, which also augments the job JS has done in acquisitions. Snacks plugging the middle frees up Reed, Poona, and Collier to do what they do best. That, in turn, provides opportunity for Dunlap and Mayowa to shine. Yes, those guys all move around depending on the call (I saw Mayowa coming up the middle late in the game), but Harrison was a constant force in the middle, facilitating adjustments by the other guys. Snacks makes a BIG difference!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Speaking of Shaun Alexander, I was actually shocked to find out how much straight-up hate there is on this board for him.

I thought fans would remember him fondly but there was a thread last year that blew my mind.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2kdo3kwf said:
Speaking of Shaun Alexander, I was actually shocked to find out how much straight-up hate there is on this board for him.

I thought fans would remember him fondly but there was a thread last year that blew my mind.

I believe it's a carry over for some who didn't like what they felt was "playing soft" towards the end of his career with us. Running out of bounds to avoid contact, etc...He was suffering through injuries those final years which I believe is why he appeared "soft" to some at the time. Never understood the hate myself. Great player, 2005 league MVP, good guy, nothing but love from me.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dunlap has saved Reed and Colier. Since he showed up, Reed looks like 2018 version, and LJ is suddenly looking like a real NFL DL.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Aros":fxot8pz9 said:
Hockey Guy":fxot8pz9 said:

I believe it's a carry over for some who didn't like what they felt was "playing soft" towards the end of his career with us. Running out of bounds to avoid contact, etc...He was suffering through injuries those final years which I believe is why he appeared "soft" to some at the time. Never understood the hate myself. Great player, 2005 league MVP, good guy, nothing but love from me.

I was always a fan of SA, but he did run to avoid contact between the 20s. But inside the red zone, no Seahawk RB has ran harder. He loved getting TD's. I think that was also a knock on him. Fans could see how hard he could run, if he was wanting the reward of a TD. But if it was a regular run play, he was happy to not fight for an extra yard. Which might have been smart, since he can still walk and run today, unlike some former RBs who took on every hit.

LTH

Reaction score
I'm digging on Dunlap interviews... the guy is so happy to be here... great attitude... great pick up...

LTH

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1csv5awi said:

I’m assuming you are aware of the “stabbed in the back” comment, right?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Hawkpower":23gew0f3 said:
Hockey Guy":23gew0f3 said:

Nope, but, as an Edmonton Oilers fan, I'm fully aware of how stupid media crap can turn a fanbase against a player for no real reason.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3zx5vm41 said:
Hawkpower":3zx5vm41 said:
Hockey Guy":3zx5vm41 said:

Nope, but, as an Edmonton Oilers fan, I'm fully aware of how stupid media crap can turn a fanbase against a player for no real reason.

Ahh I see. I figured you didn't know since you were confused.

Totally agree with you on the media, however that wasn't what happened here.

SA perpetuated his reputation as a bit of a selfish prima donna with a pretty awful comment and actions at the end of a big win.

Some fans forgave him right away as a heat of the moment type thing.

Others believe it illuminated his true character and were turned off to him after that.

I'd say its pretty 50/50 these days in regards to how hawk fans remember him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":20aitaxu said:
His soft running wasn't just toward the end of his career...also, his personal religious beliefs were too public and became annoying over time.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
CPHawk":gcyb1ym9 said:
Dunlap has saved Reed and Colier. Since he showed up, Reed looks like 2018 version, and LJ is suddenly looking like a real NFL DL.

LJ has been doing fine all season. Sure, Dunlap makes his job a bit easier, but this is no night/day situation.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":3gdd3jo0 said:
CPHawk":3gdd3jo0 said:

LJ has been doing fine all season. Sure, Dunlap makes his job a bit easier, but this is no night/day situation.

For our D the Thursday game was a day of sunlight after a looong Alaska night. Not just for one guy, but for all of them who finally played as a team. They all had their moments. We've heard a lot of times from great coaches that you're never as bad as your worst game and not as good as your best game, but somewhere in between. We'll see how our D can maintain the steam they turned up in the last outing. IMO there were indicators in previous game they could do it, but turnover in personnel kept getting in the way of the process. We STILL have starters sidelined with injury, so we're still in search of our magic potion lineup, and still wondering if that will be the solution. In the meantime I like our trend and am convinced we have improved our lineup with new additions. I guess we'll have to eat the pudding to find out if the proof is in there for us.

chris98251

Reaction score
There was one game that showed me what he could have been, one where he was pissed off and put the team on his back and he wanted to dish it out, it was the Washington game where they cheap shotted Matt and he got into a argument, he was a monster on every run that game after, if he would have played every game that way he would be in the Hall by now.

He looked like Lynch that day taking on guys and knocking them backwards.