Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Love me some Doug Pederson

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Love me some Doug Pederson
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:51 pm
  • Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson said he is sticking with quarterback Carson Wentz as his starter for next Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks despite Wentz's continuing struggles.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Re: Love me some Doug Pederson
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm
  • DOUG PEDERSON FOR PRESIDENT! :irishdrinkers: :179422: :17:
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm
  • Or he knows Seattle can't handle backups and the gameplan involves pulling Wentz in the 2nd qtr
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm
  • Stupid idea. Giving Hurts his first career start in a game against OUR defense would be really nice for his confidence.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 pm
  • 8-3. Thanks Coach.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:35 am
  • Penciling in an automatic ' W ' and looking past the next opponent is asking for trouble in the NFL .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 am
  • The Fans being confident has NO impact on the game.
    They are the much better team, and will win the game regardless who is under center. And Seattle can't handle back up QB's? Oh brother......
    Even after their best defensive performance, holding Murray to 15 yards rushing and the Cards to around 350 yards, let's continue to take shots at them. :?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:38 am
  • So what are people's opinions from a Seahawk perspective who do we want to see? Wentz or Hurts. I know that recent signs are encouraging but if there is no pass rush, I fear a get right game for Wentz. Hurts would be an unknown and the ability to run and make plays with no film but I would think playing Kyler Murray twice would give our D an idea on how to handle a QB like that. And he runs and throws nowhere near as well as Murray does he?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:59 am
  • Are we seriously worried about which QB the 3-6 Eagles are going to put out there?
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 pm
  • Nope. The Hawks are the better team. I wouldn't be surprised if they play us tough, but in the end, I don't see the Hawks losing this one. Anything can happen in the NFL, but I couldn't care less who is playing QB for them. The Hawks will be ready to roll, and they certainly are not going in to any game worried and/or intimidated.
    And I certainly don't buy in to the idea that they can't beat back up QB's.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:39 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:The Fans being confident has NO impact on the game.
    They are the much better team, and will win the game regardless who is under center. And Seattle can't handle back up QB's? Oh brother......
    Even after their best defensive performance, holding Murray to 15 yards rushing and the Cards to around 350 yards, let's continue to take shots at them. :

Not a shot, it's been a pattern since Pete got here. The stats on Murray mean absolutely nothing. Look at Jimmy's vs Mullen's stats in the 49ers game.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:51 pm
  • If you think they can't beat a back up, that's fine, and that's your opinion.
    I'm supposed to be impressed with a bunch of yardage in garbage time when the Hawks were up 30-7? Garbage time yards and points, against this team, when they have the game in hand is nothing new.
    And it means nothing. Just sounds like another in a long list of things people claim the Hawks can't do.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:28 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:Are we seriously worried about which QB the 3-6 Eagles are going to put out there?

Hey, hey, hey... slow down there. It's the 3-6-1 Eagles, if you don't mind. And by virtue of that tie, they're currently leading their division because the three other teams are all 3-7. Let's give uh... credit where it's due.
    Lagartixa
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:38 pm
  • Nice Avatar. That's a moment we will never forget :mrgreen:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:19 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Nice Avatar. That's a moment we will never forget :mrgreen:

OK, I don't want to hijack the thread, but yeah, I love that moment so much.
    Thanks for mentioning it!
    And XLVIII was extra-sweet for me because it was against the Broncos, and extra-extra-sweet because The Teeth was the GM (still is!), so we got to see plenty of shots of him as the 'Hawks utterly destroyed his team in front of a giant worldwide audience.

In case there are any whippersnappers here who don't recognize my avatar, here's the story.
    Lagartixa
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:If you think they can't beat a back up, that's fine, and that's your opinion.
    I'm supposed to be impressed with a bunch of yardage in garbage time when the Hawks were up 30-7? Garbage time yards and points, against this team, when they have the game in hand is nothing new.
    And it means nothing. Just sounds like another in a long list of things people claim the Hawks can't do.

Never said they can't beat a backup, but anyone without homer glasses on knows their history. Hell, Wilsons very first game, against AZ, Skelton got injured then Leinart comes in and shreds the defense. How about Rothlessburger getting injured and we barely beat Rudolf who was horrible all year. I bet you can't find a game where we played a backup and contained him, but if you did it would be the exception.

I don't know why some people get so offended when people bring up reality. My post was also just a joke, based on what has happened in the past.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 pm
  • Fair enough, I just don't agree that's all. Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:13 pm
  • I really don't understand what there is to disagree with. They have a track record of making backup or rookie qbs look good, especially when you see how other teams handle the same players.
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:34 am
  • Letting a back up have a good game is a lot different than LOSING to a backup. Almost losing isn't losing.
    It's just a message board, it's ok to disagree. I just don't get caught up in expecting the worse, dwelling on something that's in the past or actually believing that this team is gonna' lose if they play a backup.
    Yardage doesn't equal wins. This team SHOULD win on Monday, but the Eagles will very likely give us a tough battle. And it won't be because the Hawks are exposed or even if the backup comes in and plays well.
    The better team will come out on the top, and that's the Hawks. Regardless how it looks, Winning is the only thing that matters.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information