Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There Are No Great Teams In Our Way

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
There Are No Great Teams In Our Way
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:19 pm
  • The NFC east is a joke, Green Bay is beatable, flawed, and too reliant on Davante. The Saints have a TE at QB and a broken old man returning in a few weeks, the Bucs show up to half of their games, and in late December the Hawks will show they can beat anybody in the NFC west.

I don't think the Hawks are the best team. But on any given Sunday they can be.

I'll dream of the only bye, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Hawks can beat anybody in the NFC, multiple weeks in a row.

The rest of our schedule is filled with W's. Eagles, Jets, Giants, Washington FT, Niners.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: There Are No Great Teams In Our Way
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:26 pm
  • I expect the games against the NFC East to be more competitive than we would hope and it'll bring more criticisms to this team. We really won't know what this team is (especially headed into the Playoffs) until they play the Rams.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:30 pm
  • Also worth noting, despite the records of these NFC East teams...they're not going to just lay down and die against the Hawks.

Giants - within one score in all their games outside of getting blown out by the NIners, but they held it agains tthe Rams (which is currently a top 5-7 team)

Washington - looks really bad early on, but they seem to have improved (given their scores and blowing out other bad teams recently)

Eagles - Also not getting blown out in their recent games.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:31 pm
  • They are all NFL teams so AGS... but we are clearly the better team in all those matchups.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm
  • I think our D is improving each week, so that's some hope right there. Go Snacks! LOL
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:00 pm
  • Packers, Saints, Bucs, Cards, and Rams fans are probably saying the same thing. Will probably come down to who’s least injured by the playoffs.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:02 pm
  • If we can just stay out of our own way, we'll go far. :snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm
  • Packers - Can be beaten with a STRONG run game; do not try to beat them with Wilson
    Saints - No pass game now, stop their run game and RUN on them, Wilson will get destroyed by their pass rushers
    Rams - Run to beat these guys, cannot throw on them
    Bucs - Pass rush Brady all day. Their pass defense is awful. Russ can beat these guys.

This is how I would plan to play these teams
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Packers - Can be beaten with a STRONG run game; do not try to beat them with Wilson
    Saints - No pass game now, stop their run game and RUN on them, Wilson will get destroyed by their pass rushers
    Rams - Run to beat these guys, cannot throw on them
    Bucs - Pass rush Brady all day. Their pass defense is awful. Russ can beat these guys.

This is how I would plan to play these teams

Brady is terrible tonight!! The Rams are tearing him up!!
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:03 pm
  • The Rams are in our way, that's it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:13 pm
  • We just can't give them a 10 yard buffer on every down and try to take away those quick passes. Need big games from the LBs.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:18 pm
  • Just imagine how sweet a revenge win against the Steelers would be.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:19 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Just imagine how sweet a revenge win against the Steelers would be.

:twisted: :179417:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:22 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Just imagine how sweet a revenge win against the Steelers would be.

Revenge is sweet.

But that feeling gets trumped by my hope they never reach the playoffs, ever again, in history, of this earth.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:51 pm
  • As a Saints fan I feel the same way as all of you. This conference is so wide open we control 1st place this week, but we have now seen 1st place switch hands 3 times in 3 weeks. We have flaws like every team, and (like every team) if we can fix them we are unstoppable. This really is going to be some amazing football from here on out as every team in the top 5 of the conference can move up.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm
  • We'll still play down to inferior competition like we always frustratingly do. Just watch, we'll probably beat only one NFC LEast team by more than one score.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:00 am
  • Rams scare me as a top defense can stop a top offense.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:39 am
  • The Washington game is the one that I think will be worse than it looks on paper - December game at Fedex field - 10am kickoff. I know we've broken that hoodoo in as far as we won a load in a road, but of the next 4 games that one worries me most.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:45 am
  • Rams are the top dog in the division. The two wins against the McVay Rams have been the Earl Karate Chop at the end zone on Gurley and a shanked FG by Legatron. In the mean time, they have kicked out butt on 3 occasions and on the remaining 2 occasions, we’ve not been able to make the defensive stop when needed
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:08 am
  • I still feel like the Rams will fade down the stretch, leaving the Hawks and Cards atop the West. Last night it was just that Brady outGoffed Goff.

If our defense plays like it did against the Cards, and I have no reason to believe they won't, we will frustrate Goff and handle them easily.

This is a different team this year, and I expect pretty much a stat padding cake walk for the next 4 games.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:28 pm
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Just imagine how sweet a revenge win against the Steelers would be.

Revenge is sweet.

But that feeling gets trumped by my hope they never reach the playoffs, ever again, in history, of this earth.

I get it but.....

If we were to assume anything here, the logical AFC team this year is the Steelers.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:Just imagine how sweet a revenge win against the Steelers would be.

Revenge is sweet.

I get it but.....

If we were to assume anything here, the logical AFC team this year is the Steelers.

I keep watching them and not being impressed. But they win and that's hard to argue with.

These playoffs are going to be fantastic in both NFC and AFC.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm
  • Everything hinges on the running game. Carlos Hyde showed he can play the role of the primary back just fine. So either Chris Carson or Hyde needs to be healthy during the home stretch. If both are, even better.

A run game for Wilson opens everything up.

Oh and stop throwing for 40 yards on 3rd and 3.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:10 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:I expect the games against the NFC East to be more competitive than we would hope and it'll bring more criticisms to this team. We really won't know what this team is (especially headed into the Playoffs) until they play the Rams.

Great points. And the Rams threw us around the first time. McVay is innovative. Pete is traditional. I continue to believe we are living a false positive until the defense can get in gear. Full disclaimer: We looked better against Kylie and Cards.

Rams had a big win last night.

If we’re healthy, week 16 is the season for possibilities,
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:27 pm
  • Rams, a must win.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:32 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Rams scare me as a top defense can stop a top offense.

It is just sad that you get scared from a football team. They will play the game and we will see who wins, no reason to be scared' No one is going to hurt you.
    lacenterhawk
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 pm
  • ludakrishna wrote:Rams are the top dog in the division. The two wins against the McVay Rams have been the Earl Karate Chop at the end zone on Gurley and a shanked FG by Legatron. In the mean time, they have kicked out butt on 3 occasions and on the remaining 2 occasions, we’ve not been able to make the defensive stop when needed

Our beloved Seahawks being too stupid to game plan around expecting constant pressure on Russell is the biggest reason we've struggled against the Rams for years.

It's so frustrating...yet, so glaringly obvious. Look at how many screens the RAMS threw against the Bucs. We need to be doing that, and more short routes, since we KNOW DAMN WELL they are going to get to Russ rapidly and often every time we meet up. Yet, it always seems like some huge ****ing surprise to our coaching staff that Aaron Donald sets up a tent in our backfield all game long.

Ugh.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:17 pm
  • lacenterhawk wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Rams scare me as a top defense can stop a top offense.

It is just sad that you get scared from a football team. They will play the game and we will see who wins, no reason to be scared' No one is going to hurt you.

lighten up, he was clearly making a figure of speech
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:09 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    ludakrishna wrote:Rams are the top dog in the division. The two wins against the McVay Rams have been the Earl Karate Chop at the end zone on Gurley and a shanked FG by Legatron. In the mean time, they have kicked out butt on 3 occasions and on the remaining 2 occasions, we’ve not been able to make the defensive stop when needed

Our beloved Seahawks being too stupid to game plan around expecting constant pressure on Russell is the biggest reason we've struggled against the Rams for years.

It's so frustrating...yet, so glaringly obvious. Look at how many screens the RAMS threw against the Bucs. We need to be doing that, and more short routes, since we KNOW DAMN WELL they are going to get to Russ rapidly and often every time we meet up. Yet, it always seems like some huge ****ing surprise to our coaching staff that Aaron Donald sets up a tent in our backfield all game long.

Ugh.

Treat Lockett like Woods and just do that.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 am
  • I think the Saints and Rams are the most complete teams, although our special teams are still a work in progress.

Seattle and GB have the two best QBs and a monster WR that can dominate.

TB is a question mark

AZ and NFCE aren't really on the same level IMO.

TB being a question mark because they've looked really good outside of primetime with quality wins over GB and LV, and blowing out the Panthers, which is a team the Chiefs struggled with, was impressive too.

TBH, I'm not scared of the Packers at all. Just including them out of respect for Rodgers, but I think they're fourth behind the Saints/Rams/Seahawks.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:39 am
  • ZagHawk wrote:Also worth noting, despite the records of these NFC East teams...they're not going to just lay down and die against the Hawks.

Giants - within one score in all their games outside of getting blown out by the NIners, but they held it agains tthe Rams (which is currently a top 5-7 team)

Washington - looks really bad early on, but they seem to have improved (given their scores and blowing out other bad teams recently)

Eagles - Also not getting blown out in their recent games.

All 3 teams have the capability to be very competitive. And I think Wentz is going to be especially focused on Monday after a really embarrassing performance against Cleveland last weekend.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:14 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:The NFC east is a joke, Green Bay is beatable, flawed, and too reliant on Davante. The Saints have a TE at QB and a broken old man returning in a few weeks, the Bucs show up to half of their games, and in late December the Hawks will show they can beat anybody in the NFC west.

I don't think the Hawks are the best team. But on any given Sunday they can be.

I'll dream of the only bye, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Hawks can beat anybody in the NFC, multiple weeks in a row.

The rest of our schedule is filled with W's. Eagles, Jets, Giants, Washington FT, Niners.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

Really IMO it boils down to one thing... it really doesn't matter who the Hawks play as they have proven they can play with anybody... it boils down to the Hawks playing up to their potential... With a good game plan, it's about everybody doing their job individually and executing as a team. I know it sounds weird being that every team brings different matchups but I believe that's the way the Hawks think... so in a since its the Hawks against themselves... that's the biggest challenge.

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:14 pm
  • I've really haven"t seen the Hawks blow away bad teams all the rest on the schedule are going to be a dog fight we always make Bad teams look way better then they are. Then of course like the Rams we'll beat them like they didn't even show up this time so it's 50/50.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:22 pm
  • The Hawks are going to dominate the next 3 games, and the Cards are disrespected in much the same way the Hawks were in 2012.

They are dangerous, and the second best team in the West.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:59 pm
  • I'm legit worried about Washington Football Team after watching yesterday's game.

Yes it was against Dal-ASS but still it was an ASS-domination. Po-rn could actually take inspiration from it.

Sweat, others have lots of potential to get to Russ. Legit worried.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:17 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm legit worried about Washington Football Team after watching yesterday's game.

Yes it was against Dal-ASS but still it was an ASS-domination. Po-rn could actually take inspiration from it.

Sweat, others have lots of potential to get to Russ. Legit worried.

We have this team in the NFC west with the best D lineman in Football, Donald Aaron, Duck Aaron, Donald Duck, umm he plays for the Rams .

But we have faced a pretty good defensive Line a few times.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 am
  • The entire NFC is wide open. No dominant team. The two best teams in the NFL are clearly the Steelers and Chiefs.

If our defense can improve, and I expect them to, we will be the best team in the NFC. The team with the most potential might be the Bucs. But who knows if they can get it together. Their front seven might be the best In the league. Never count out Brady.

New Orleans looks the most balanced, but will Brees be back and healthy?

I’m not worried about GB or the two other NFC West teams.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:06 am
  • I think New Orleans is a great team. But they could have injury issues. Regardless I think the NFC, as others have said, is wide open. Seattle could easily win it if the d continues to improve.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:12 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:The The team with the most potential might be the Bucs. But who knows if they can get it together. Their front seven might be the best In the league. Never count out Brady.

Brady has a dead arm. Look at his deep ball stats over the last 4 games vs earlier in the season. I think he has hit zero deep passes for the last four games. QBs without the deep ball don't make it past the first round.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:24 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:The The team with the most potential might be the Bucs. But who knows if they can get it together. Their front seven might be the best In the league. Never count out Brady.

Brady has a dead arm. Look at his deep ball stats over the last 4 games vs earlier in the season. I think he has hit zero deep passes for the last four games. QBs without the deep ball don't make it past the first round.

There's but a handful of QB's that have accuracy on the deep ball RW makes it look easier then it is how about Manning I never took him as a deep ball thrower? I think if you can get the Ball to the endzone who cares if it was a deep ball or series of 5yd passes.
    onepicknick1
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:06 pm
  • There are no great teams, but all of a sudden the NFC East is a little better than it was a few weeks ago. The Eagles present an unknown in Hurts that could ignite their team, even if only for a game, and throw our D off balance.

The Giants have literally been in every game they've played this season. they are scrappy and remind me of the early PC era Hawks teams. Finish around .500 and fight to the end, play it tight, never give up. They wont be an easy out.

And then there's the WFT. They are starting to catch their stride. Their defensive front it solid and Alex Smith isn't Steve Young, but he also doesnt make a ton of mistakes, is efficient, and keeps them competitive.

Dallas... meh. they dont scare me but they still have Cooper, Zeke, and if Dalton can catch a hot streak, they can put up some points.

Also, common thread between all three teams is that they have good coaching. I know, Mcarthy has raised a few eyebrows but i think when the dust settles, he will get the playting well... just maybe not consistently this year. And - they will ALL be jacked to kick our ass to make a statement.

Wouldnt be surprised if we drop one at all and dont necessarily come out with convincing wins
    keasley45
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:02 am
  • Anything can happen in the NFL. The Hawks know this, and the league is full of teams who have a crap sammich at some point. It happens. But, the way Pete gets them ready one week at a time, I feel pretty confident in this team down the stretch. Plenty of work to do, and nothing is etched in stone. But I like our chances, and it's 2020, enjoying every minute of this season.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:16 am
  • The Hawks still have to play LA & SF again and those games will be very important . Those games are never a sure win every year .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:24 am
  • No doubt, both will be great battles imo.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 am
  • I'm close to being done with Goff. I'd like to see what McVay could do with another QB.

But for this year, that loss yesterday means we have to sweep the Cardinals, plain and simple, to have a shot at winning the NFC West. So this upcoming game is everything for the division. A loss to Arizona will relegate us to a wildcard.

Then our last four games are:

Patriots
    Jets
    @Seahawks
    Cardinals

Since we have tiebreakers over both Chicago and Tampa, I think even 9-7 gets us into the playoffs.

So my thinking for the season will change based on the outcome:

Lose to Cards this week - wildcard

Lose to Patriots after that - we'd be 7-6 and in trouble of being caught by the Niners

Then we'd be 8-6 after playing the Jets

@Seattle - loss

If this were to play out, we'd be fighting with Chicago/SF/Minnesota - hopefully SF loses to the Cards and Seahawks, who don't seem to have issues with them like we do. That would put them out of it, hopefully.

My gut tells me that we win the next three though, and then we go into Seattle at 10-4 and that game ends up being for the division.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:02 am
  • idk, NO's is looking pretty damn great right now.

Stacked on both sides of the ball, and can still keep winning when their starting QB goes down? Definitely the class of the NFC right now.

GB also embarrassed the Bears last night in their most important game of the season.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:22 am
  • Saints are currently the team to beat in the NFC imo. These last 6 weeks are gonna' be a blast, and I suspect the seedings are going to change every week. Playoff Machine should be a blast in 2020.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Anything can happen in the NFL. The Hawks know this, and the league is full of teams who have a crap sammich at some point. It happens. But, the way Pete gets them ready one week at a time, I feel pretty confident in this team down the stretch. Plenty of work to do, and nothing is etched in stone. But I like our chances, and it's 2020, enjoying every minute of this season.

The NFC East has coaches playing for Jobs as well as players right now, they also see a chance at the playoffs as well from top to bottom I think as a division. Bad combination to go against since they are all in a nothing to lose situation.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 pm
  • And that artist formerly known as the name we won't mention team has one hell of a D Line.
    That will be an interesting matchup at Washington.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information