This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Philadelphia Eagles

BlueThunder

Reaction score

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Wow - quick read shows their fans are DOWN on the Eagles. Comments about how the spread for the Seahawks was too low (I thought so too), and how Seattle's "Going to mop the floor with us".

And, people calling for potentially losing out the season to force management to shake things up. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" should be the entrance sign on all those forums! Some are so embarrassed that they are calling to be flexed out of Monday night football!

We got it good here!

Anyone remember the year we beat them like 43-0 in Philly?

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
ddores":n69gp44x said:

Yes... yes I do. In the snow. And it was 42-zip.... In Philly... And it was GLORIUS!!! The only people that love a blowout are fans of the winning team. So true! LOL

"Monday Night Massacre" (Seahawks)
On December 5, 2005, in a game dubbed "The Monday Night Massacre" by NFL Films, the Seattle Seahawks shut out the Philadelphia Eagles 42–0 with three defensive touchdowns (two interceptions, one fumble return). This tied the then-largest margin of victory mark in Monday Night Football history and set the mark for the greatest margin of victory in a Monday night shutout. This also set the NFL record for scoring the most points with less than 200 yards of offense. Andre Dyson scored twice for the Seahawks defense, once on a 72-yard interception return and the other on a 25-yard fumble return, earning himself the "Horse Trailer Player of the Game" as well as NFC defensive player of the week. A fourth interception return by Michael Boulware fell just short of tying another Seahawks NFL record of four defensive scores in a single game, set during a 45–0 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs in 1984. The defeat was the Eagles third-worst in team history, tied for the worst loss in Monday Night history, and was the worst shutout loss. This was due to the Eagles' major injuries such as star quarterback Donovan McNabb (who was hurt in a Week 10 loss to the Cowboys) and the after-effects of the Terrell Owens saga earlier that year. The Eagles also lost their star running back Brian Westbrook due to an injury in this game.

[youtube]57H7Gga5ofY[/youtube]

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2vogl79m said:
ddores":2vogl79m said:

Yes... yes I do. In the snow. And it was 42-zip.... In Philly... And it was GLORIUS!!! The only people that love a blowout are fans of the winning team. So true! LOL

"Monday Night Massacre" (Seahawks)
On December 5, 2005, in a game dubbed "The Monday Night Massacre" by NFL Films, the Seattle Seahawks shut out the Philadelphia Eagles 42–0 with three defensive touchdowns (two interceptions, one fumble return). This tied the then-largest margin of victory mark in Monday Night Football history and set the mark for the greatest margin of victory in a Monday night shutout. This also set the NFL record for scoring the most points with less than 200 yards of offense. Andre Dyson scored twice for the Seahawks defense, once on a 72-yard interception return and the other on a 25-yard fumble return, earning himself the "Horse Trailer Player of the Game" as well as NFC defensive player of the week. A fourth interception return by Michael Boulware fell just short of tying another Seahawks NFL record of four defensive scores in a single game, set during a 45–0 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs in 1984. The defeat was the Eagles third-worst in team history, tied for the worst loss in Monday Night history, and was the worst shutout loss. This was due to the Eagles' major injuries such as star quarterback Donovan McNabb (who was hurt in a Week 10 loss to the Cowboys) and the after-effects of the Terrell Owens saga earlier that year. The Eagles also lost their star running back Brian Westbrook due to an injury in this game.

[youtube]57H7Gga5ofY[/youtube]

Thanks for the video and the info! Awesome! Didn't realize that game was in the first year I started watching NFL football. So neat to hear some of the old names being called - including Tatupu. Aside from XL I forgot how exciting that year was!

Alexander chasing the touchdown record. Jurevicius. Stevens (who I always liked). Strong. Jones. That Oline. The Giants game with 11 false starts. Neat stuff. What a magical season - it was just FUN to watch that year. And, I finally figured out how to embed a video.

[youtube]NgWbNSy3Pp0[/youtube]

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Great find man! I remember watching this many times. Got erased accidentally at some point. So painful at the beginning, remembering how bad we got robbed in XL. Making sure Bettis got his ring, and the many more dollars in merch sales the NFL would get with a Stealers win. That was kinda the first time I questioned the integrity of the league. Like the first minute of the video showing Ken Hamlin going "Ya'll seein' this?". And Holmy saying at the rally back in Seattle "We didn't know we were also playing against the guys in stripes", or something close to that. The whole thing was a travesty. I remember just before halftime, looking at my wife and saying "they're not gonna let us win this". It was so obvious and they weren't even trying to hide it. Now I'm all pissed thinking about it again... LOL

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I still remember the game in 2009 when Lofa Tatupu was using the goalpost bumper with the Eagles logo as a punching bag after getting 3 INTs (not shown in this highlight below).

We seem to do well in Philly. Swept them there last year too. DK giving the peace sign on the way out was legendary in the playoffs.
Lots of Eagles fans were upset about Clowney "intentionally" hurting Wentz. Hopefully they don't try a cheap shot against Wilson as retaliation.

Hopefully it's a good game. Eagles fans are more bipolar than we are, that's for sure.

[youtube]KZ9dweilPjM[/youtube]

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1pzfpmjm said:
Great find man! I remember watching this many times. Got erased accidentally at some point. So painful at the beginning, remembering how bad we got robbed in XL. Making sure Bettis got his ring, and the many more dollars in merch sales the NFL would get with a Stealers win. That was kinda the first time I questioned the integrity of the league. Like the first minute of the video showing Ken Hamlin going "Ya'll seein' this?". And Holmy saying at the rally back in Seattle "We didn't know we were also playing against the guys in stripes", or something close to that. The whole thing was a travesty. I remember just before halftime, looking at my wife and saying "they're not gonna let us win this". It was so obvious and they weren't even trying to hide it. Now I'm all pissed thinking about it again... LOL

You just ruined my Thanksgiving!! :sarcasm_on:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, there just isn't much fun in messing with the opposing team fanbase when they all are acting like their moms and dogs died together just the other day.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":tdieneh3 said:
Man, there just isn't much fun in messing with the opposing team fanbase when they all are acting like their moms and dogs died together just the other day.
Hopefully we'll still kick these dogs while they're down on Monday. :)