NFC West

sprhawk73

Reaction score
The Rams schedule is as easy as ours for the rest of the season.

Looks like the head to head on 12/27 at home could decide the division.

We can win the division but unless things change on a massive scale the Rams are easily the more complete team.

Offense Hawks 4th, Rams 5th
Defense Hawks Dead frikin last, Rams 1st

Our special teams is way better and we lead by a little in turn overs

skater18000

Reaction score
If that's the way you want to look at it...

We have the better QB

When healthy, we'll have the better running game

And our defense will close the gap a lot

Let's see them try to stop the late additions of:

Josh Gordon and Penny

Defensively, it's all about cohesiveness...

Adding Damontre Moore right before the Rams game could be huge

One thing we can count on from the secondary this year will be DEPTH with Adams, Diggs and Neal, as well as Griffin, Dunbar, Flowers, Ugo and Reed. The secondary is mainly what cost us last year and I expect to see much growth and improvement in a years time

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams are likely to finish 12-4 or 11-5. I think they drop the Cardinals game, maybe even both but I doubt it. Despite Goff, they are one of the hottest teams right now dagnabit.

Seahawks will likely finish 13-3 or 12-4. If they drop one more it's likely that Rams game and unfortunately that would mean the Rams would take the division. The Rams game is THE MUST WIN game of the year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think Aros is, as usual, right on it. We need to win out and not have to worry about it.
Sure hope our guys take it one game at a time. That "championship opportunity" thing, you know? Giants record is deceiving. They have played some pretty good ball nearly every week. Jets came up big last week.
Here's hoping for at least a split twixt Rams/Cards.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Obviously I want to win out and get that bye if possible. But look at where Seattle is situated in the playoff bracket right now, number 5 seed against the winner of the NFC East. If we don't get the bye, I want that spot! Also Packers are matched up with Bucs and Rams with Cards. Those could both be upsets.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can see the point on the 5 seed. But, I honestly don't care who they play in the playoffs. Homer or not, the Hawks can beat any team they face in the playoffs. My opinion, and I stick with it.
I suspect it comes down to the final week, and having a division this tough makes it more entertaining imo.
Shoot, it's 2020, and we're in a playoff run here. Very grateful. And I like our chances as much as any other team out there.

Mizak

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":1eql67ll said:
Obviously I want to win out and get that bye if possible. But look at where Seattle is situated in the playoff bracket right now, number 5 seed against the winner of the NFC East. If we don't get the bye, I want that spot! Also Packers are matched up with Bucs and Rams with Cards. Those could both be upsets.

Some on here are saying the Seahawks are playing against the Least Conference for the next 4 weeks. But look at it another way. Any one of those east teams (Eagles, Washington team, Giants)Seattle is playing against can likely be the #4 seed and a potential wild card matchup for Seattle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nobody seemed to talk about it when the Rams were playing against the NFC East (while struggling against the Giants and Cowboys)
4 of their 7 wins are against the NFC East. But if the Hawks feast on it, that's different??
Just sayin...…..

Mizak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ffxfakw said:
Nobody seemed to talk about it when the Rams were playing against the NFC East (while struggling against the Giants and Cowboys)
4 of their 7 wins are against the NFC East. But if the Hawks feast on it, that's different??
Just sayin...…..

And how many points did Seahawks put up against that Rams defense? Remind me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lost by a Touchdown, only gave up 23, and the Rams had 6 total points their last 7 possessions.
Hawks had plenty of chances in that game.
The same Rams who scored all of 17 against the Giants. The same Rams who scored all of 16 and LOST to the 49ers. The same Rams who scored 17 and LOST to the Dolphins. And the same Rams who scored all of 20 points and barely beat the Cowboys.
I believe in this Hawks team, if you don't that's fine.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Mizak":gfqfo6zv said:
SoulfishHawk":gfqfo6zv said:
Just sayin...…..

And how many points did Seahawks put up against that Rams defense? Remind me.

I want to see how many we can put up against them when we have our full complement of running backs and aren't one dimensional against that pass rush.

chris98251

Reaction score
Each of those teams see contender and a confidence booster and saving a job pretty much playing us and winning, Washington and the Cowboys as well as Giants better then when the Rams played them, Eagles have been on a spiral but want to fix the Wentz issue, I expect some weird stuff coming our way to break out Wentz from his funk.

We have to play like a Champion team, not one that feels they are getting a scheduling break, if we don't we could get embarrassed.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":828mno2u said:
Same goes for any team that has a supposed "easy" schedule.

We are not talking any team though, just this team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
ANY team who plays an inferior opponent is susceptible to a letdown. Not just the Seahawks. That's all I'm saying.
This team will be ready and they are focused. It goes w/out saying they have be on top of their game regardless who the opponent is.

W

Welshers

Rams play the cardinals twice at least. And we are finally seeming to get healthy

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This is gonna' be one hell of a final month and a half. Could go to any of 3 teams in our division. I suspect all 3 will be in the playoffs regardless. I just don't fear the Rams as much as so many people seem to. EVERY team in the NFC has weaknesses. Let's just get this W on Monday night, regardless what it looks like.

Own The West

Reaction score
Now that the defense has put together 6 consecutive solid quarters, I think we're going to hit our stride and start blowing some people out. I don't see us sleeping on Philly and the Giants, and the Jets and Washington are Adams and Dunbar's former teams. 11-3 is very likely.

If there's a letdown game, it will be against the 9ers. Hopefully it won't matter by that point anyway.

94Smith

Reaction score
Don't count out the 49ers for playing spoiler for a game or two as well. Players are getting healthy after the buy. Should have Deebo, Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson and Sherman back this week. The big caveat is whether Mullens can limit turnovers

Latest posts