The no fan situation

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Think they'll have fans at all this season? Also for you season ticket holders that actually attend the games how has the adjustment been? What do you do on GameDay?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We just got the email saying the next 2 are also w/out fans. I can't imagine there will be fans in the stands at any point this year in Seattle. It has been strange, but we've kind of just accepted it and are enjoying the season as is. And, we are all paid up for next year already, so that's a bonus. Hopefully things will be back to more of a normal next season. Another road game is def. something we are thinking needs to happen.
As frustrating as it is, I find myself just really grateful we even have football in 2020, and this has been a really fun season to watch. Though it has been really strange to not watch games w/a group of people. Let alone being in the stadium for the games.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It’s been tough to see the overheads of an empty stadium and the fact that there has been a handful of epic plays that would’ve had the place rocking only makes it tougher. I appreciate that Pete and the team have acknowledged several times how they miss the electricity those big plays would’ve brought.

The fact that my tickets are paid for next year is only a small consolation. Side note, I’am curious though whether they will attempt to raise prices for next year. I understand their financial losses but it would be a bitter pill if they ask me for even more money after this interest free loan that was my 2020 ticket package.

chris98251

Reaction score
With the increase of infection rising and no Vaccine till probably around Christmas for front liners and March to June for many others no Fans this Season in Seattle is my thinking.

We are going to have a much more deliberate approach to this after January 21st, Front liners and essentials, high risk and then the rest. Good thing is there are like 4 Vaccines that have to get vetted by the FDA and fast tracked for distribution. 40 to 100 million of each one will put us in a lot better shape, even if it's a two dose treatment. That could help half the country by the end of summer if they start out quickly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We are not seeing fans this season or the playoffs in Seattle.
Super Bowl there might be a few fans.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I wonder whether the extended closures have to do with the janitorial situation.

Vendors usually supply janitorial these days to big companies, including the workers tasked with cleaning toilets and disinfecting areas for company employees. Every club staff and player are supposed to be tiered and tested, but I'm not sure that's going on with the janitors as they're typically not club employees, but employees/contractors under a vendor.

If that same vendor was then tasked with providing workers to do janitorial for the general public, then go into staff areas, that would increase the theoretical risk of the virus spreading.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1v38xjy0 said:
I wonder whether the extended closures have to do with the janitorial situation.

Vendors usually supply janitorial these days to big companies, including the workers tasked with cleaning toilets and disinfecting areas for company employees. Every club staff and player are supposed to be tiered and tested, but I'm not sure that's going on with the janitors as they're typically not club employees, but employees/contractors under a vendor.

If that same vendor was then tasked with providing workers to do janitorial for the general public, then go into staff areas, that would increase the theoretical risk of the virus spreading.

Really don't think it is workers, everyone is taking Temperatures, we now have a screening everyday thats an app we answer and take a Temp daily as well.

Not all encompassing to be sure, but does check. Besides that we all have PPE we wear when associating with people also, pretty sure anyone on the West Coast working in any way have it also. Well except for outright deniers and they for the most part are being fined and sent away or and not allowed in workplaces etc.

LTH

Reaction score
Being there are no fans I was wondering how the teams are able to pay the players? Are they just taking the loss?

Does anyone know?

LTH

AgentDib

Reaction score
We've already missed some great moments this year and the walk-off sack would have been fantastic. I'm still holding out hope for partial attendance at a home playoff game but it seems unlikely.

Personally, I've been dealing with it by getting more irritated at the fake crowd noise on the broadcasts than I probably should be. I hate how unrealistic the whole thing is and how they ramp it up and down at the wrong times.

I also think it's an underrated factor that affects gameplay. Defenses have been awful across the board this year and much of that can explained by lack of practice time and coordination. However, it certainly doesn't help that offenses can communicate much easier this year on the road and games are more likely to be high scoring when one offense isn't being hampered by crowd noise.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No way man, it's ONLY the Seahawks defense that has been bad, just ask dot net :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's just a joke...……..relax :)

You're totally right, not having that crowd flat out impacts the game and how defenses play. Having complete silence, they have to basically create their own intensity. What we hear on TV is not even close to what the teams are hearing on the field. Dave Wyman talked about it recently.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
LTH":2utvgx9y said:
Being there are no fans I was wondering how the teams are able to pay the players? Are they just taking the loss?

Does anyone know?

LTH
Teams make more money on their TV contracts than fans at the stadium. Same reason why the Mariner's can field a stadium at 10% capacity since they generate more money through their TV contracts than ticket sales.

The city/county loses most money as it does not generate any taxes for tickets, concessions, foods, restaurants, bars, etc. inside and near the stadium.