Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks sign 2?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seahawks sign 2?
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 am
  • https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/signings-news-brad-lundblade-demarkus-acy/

I have a question mark because I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere else yet.

The Seattle Seahawks added depth at center by signing Brad Lundblade as Ethan Pocic continues to recover from an injury. Seattle also signed cornerback DeMarkus Acy who the 49ers released in training camp. The former Missouri standout also spent time on the Seahawks practice squad and is back with the team.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Re: Seahawks sign 2?
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:40 am
  • Blue check confirmed.

Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:43 am
  • What happened to Sullivan? I must have missed it.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:45 am
  • Not sure what Lundblade does for us, since he's never even seen an NFL field, but Acy is a nice pick-up! Can never have too many CB's, especially on this team.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:50 am
  • TypeSly wrote:Not sure what Lundblade does for us, since he's never even seen an NFL field, but Acy is a nice pick-up! Can never have too many CB's, especially on this team.

Just depth. He's a dedicated center that's been good enough to stick around the league as a depth guy, the exact role he'll be fulfilling here.

Lewis did quite well playing there last week as an emergency center, but it's probably better to have another guy there so Lewis can stay at guard, where he's putting together a Pro Bowl rookie year.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:00 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TypeSly wrote:Not sure what Lundblade does for us, since he's never even seen an NFL field, but Acy is a nice pick-up! Can never have too many CB's, especially on this team.

Just depth. He's a dedicated center that's been good enough to stick around the league as a depth guy, the exact role he'll be fulfilling here.

Lewis did quite well playing there last week as an emergency center, but it's probably better to have another guy there so Lewis can stay at guard, where he's putting together a Pro Bowl rookie year.

Good point, that Lewis sure can play! He never misses a block, but I don't think I'd want to see him as a Center again lol. So it seems that Pocic is going to be out longer than we thought. I've learned never to trust Pete and his optimistic injury time assessments.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 am
  • TypeSly wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    TypeSly wrote:Not sure what Lundblade does for us, since he's never even seen an NFL field, but Acy is a nice pick-up! Can never have too many CB's, especially on this team.

Good point, that Lewis sure can play! He never misses a block, but I don't think I'd want to see him as a Center again lol. So it seems that Pocic is going to be out longer than we thought. I've learned never to trust Pete and his optimistic injury time assessments.

Could also be that Fuller is more injured than let on... but yeah, probably Pocic. I guess it's probably a pretty severe concussion and he isn't progressing as fast as hoped. Pity, he's had quite the career renaissance at center, which was his most impressive position in college.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:13 pm
  • The Times had an article that mentions these signings. It is not required to list PS injuries, so apparently Sullivan has been nursing something. I thought Pocic was done with the concussion protocol but was nursing a sore hammy now. Those can be lingering injuries that take a while. An OL really needs his legs under him, so a weak hammy could be a real hindrance.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ar-roster/
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:56 pm
  • IMO Pocic figures to be available before Fuller. Fuller has high ankle sprain. But both high ankle and hammy can be persistent devils.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:48 pm
  • What's going on in that tent where the concussion test is pulling guys' hamstrings? :shock:
    Own The West
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:04 pm
  • Did Justin Britt slash Carroll's tires on the way out or something? Why aren't we looking at him?

Hopefully these new guys step in and do well
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:44 pm
  • Fuller has the dreaded high ankle. He's out for a while.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:46 pm
  • I have a feeling it has more to do with Britt's pass blocking. He's a maler and may not fit the direction this line is headed.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:06 pm
  • Imo this is the perfect time to start mauling in the run game and not have Russ burn his meals like he was doing, let a balanced attack keep defenses honest and take pressure off Russ.
    PNW
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:17 pm
  • For those who missed it re: Sullivan:
    SI blurb wrote:As for Sullivan, Carroll told reporters on Tuesday the rookie developed a hip flexor injury and the team decided it would be best for him to have it surgically-repaired now to ensure he's back healthy for the offseason.

According to Carroll, once Sullivan returns for offseason work next spring, he will shift back to the offensive side of the ball for the 2021 season. "He had a terrific introduction to us," Carroll said. "We liked him on offense, we liked him on defense. The coaches were battling over him, so that's a really positive thing. Very few players bring that to a club, we'll get him fixed up and he'll have a great offseason hopefully for us."
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 pm
  • All these roster moves are reported on the roster thread.

Just sayin’.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information