Seahawks sign 2?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/seattle-seahawks/signings-news-brad-lundblade-demarkus-acy/

I have a question mark because I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere else yet.

The Seattle Seahawks added depth at center by signing Brad Lundblade as Ethan Pocic continues to recover from an injury. Seattle also signed cornerback DeMarkus Acy who the 49ers released in training camp. The former Missouri standout also spent time on the Seahawks practice squad and is back with the team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Blue check confirmed.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AJ_McCord/status/1330981491791196162[/tweet]

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
What happened to Sullivan? I must have missed it.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Not sure what Lundblade does for us, since he's never even seen an NFL field, but Acy is a nice pick-up! Can never have too many CB's, especially on this team.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TypeSly":7spbv6le said:
Not sure what Lundblade does for us, since he's never even seen an NFL field, but Acy is a nice pick-up! Can never have too many CB's, especially on this team.

Just depth. He's a dedicated center that's been good enough to stick around the league as a depth guy, the exact role he'll be fulfilling here.

Lewis did quite well playing there last week as an emergency center, but it's probably better to have another guy there so Lewis can stay at guard, where he's putting together a Pro Bowl rookie year.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1d25yek5 said:
TypeSly":1d25yek5 said:

Just depth. He's a dedicated center that's been good enough to stick around the league as a depth guy, the exact role he'll be fulfilling here.

Lewis did quite well playing there last week as an emergency center, but it's probably better to have another guy there so Lewis can stay at guard, where he's putting together a Pro Bowl rookie year.

Good point, that Lewis sure can play! He never misses a block, but I don't think I'd want to see him as a Center again lol. So it seems that Pocic is going to be out longer than we thought. I've learned never to trust Pete and his optimistic injury time assessments.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TypeSly":36e8k18e said:
Maelstrom787":36e8k18e said:
TypeSly":36e8k18e said:

Good point, that Lewis sure can play! He never misses a block, but I don't think I'd want to see him as a Center again lol. So it seems that Pocic is going to be out longer than we thought. I've learned never to trust Pete and his optimistic injury time assessments.

Could also be that Fuller is more injured than let on... but yeah, probably Pocic. I guess it's probably a pretty severe concussion and he isn't progressing as fast as hoped. Pity, he's had quite the career renaissance at center, which was his most impressive position in college.

sutz

Reaction score
The Times had an article that mentions these signings. It is not required to list PS injuries, so apparently Sullivan has been nursing something. I thought Pocic was done with the concussion protocol but was nursing a sore hammy now. Those can be lingering injuries that take a while. An OL really needs his legs under him, so a weak hammy could be a real hindrance.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... ar-roster/

Own The West

Reaction score
What's going on in that tent where the concussion test is pulling guys' hamstrings? :shock:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Did Justin Britt slash Carroll's tires on the way out or something? Why aren't we looking at him?

Hopefully these new guys step in and do well

nwHawk

Reaction score
Fuller has the dreaded high ankle. He's out for a while.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have a feeling it has more to do with Britt's pass blocking. He's a maler and may not fit the direction this line is headed.

PNW

Reaction score
Imo this is the perfect time to start mauling in the run game and not have Russ burn his meals like he was doing, let a balanced attack keep defenses honest and take pressure off Russ.

AgentDib

Reaction score
For those who missed it re: Sullivan:
SI blurb":2rivwc5c said:
As for Sullivan, Carroll told reporters on Tuesday the rookie developed a hip flexor injury and the team decided it would be best for him to have it surgically-repaired now to ensure he's back healthy for the offseason.

According to Carroll, once Sullivan returns for offseason work next spring, he will shift back to the offensive side of the ball for the 2021 season. "He had a terrific introduction to us," Carroll said. "We liked him on offense, we liked him on defense. The coaches were battling over him, so that's a really positive thing. Very few players bring that to a club, we'll get him fixed up and he'll have a great offseason hopefully for us."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All these roster moves are reported on the roster thread.

Just sayin’.