Pete Presser Tidbits 11/24

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sticking to substantive stuff. Not including talk about covid intricacies, etc.

- Colby Parkinson looks good, will go into rotation immediately.

- Carson, Shaquill Griffin, and Ethan Pocic full-go at practice.

- Darrell Taylor isn't ready yet. "I'm always hoping" when asked if Pete hopes he can get to practice this week. Getting a doctors report on him today to gauge next steps.

- Iupati fought way back into practice, good to have him back.

- Olsen timeline shooting for 4-6 weeks, optimistically.

- Regarding defense - Pete says last 6 quarters of football have been different. Guys are now owning their assignments and communicating better. Hopes to continue it against Philly to keep tightening the defense.

- Jordyn Brooks - Pete says "he's helping us." Loves his speed and ability to hit. Says there's nothing keeping him from being great. Says he and Wagner are very similar. Says they "got the right guy" at Will.

- Says lack of fans isn't a huge factor regarding level of play, but that it's a "lot less fun" without them. Actually says it helps them having less of a distinction between home and away games.

- On LJ Collier, Pete says he's "very active" with high motor. Says he's pursued well, is stout in run game, and is making most of rush opportunities.

- On Sullivan, says he developed a hip flexor situation and needed surgery. Surgery has been done, and he's going back on offense when he gets back. Likes him on both sides of the ball, says the coaches are "battling" over him.

- Sounds like he doesn't expect Mone back this year.

- Dunlap is "having a blast." Positive locker room influence. Says he's opening up opportunities for entire d-line.

- On Rashaad Penny, he will not be practicing this week. Hopes to have him next week, "is close."

- On running backs, good to see Carson and Hyde back together. Commends Homer and Dallas for their attitude and performance in absence of lead backs.

- Shell is hobbled. Says he's week-to-week, has a chance to make it back Monday from high ankle sprain.

- Bo Scarbrough needs surgery, Homer isn't healthy yet.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Appreciate the synopsis! :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Bo goes to IR and Penny comes back next week maybe, nobody is getting released.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Good stuff Malestrom787, thank you. Lot of positive developments. Having Carson, Pocic, and Iupati back on offense, and Shaq on defense are big additions.

I assume the starting corners for the Eagles will be Shaq and Flowers with Amadi and DJ Reed competing for the nickel spot. Personally I would rather see Reed opposite Shaq but I know Pete doesn't like short corners on the outside so I assume it will be Flowers.

sutz

Reaction score
Some pretty good news there! :2thumbs: :snack:

PNW

Reaction score
TraderGary":2peqviay said:
Good stuff Malestrom787, thank you. Lot of positive developments. Having Carson, Pocic, and Iupati back on offense, and Shaq on defense are big additions.

I assume the starting corners for the Eagles will be Shaq and Flowers with Amadi and DJ Reed competing for the nickel spot. Personally I would rather see Reed opposite Shaq but I know Pete doesn't like short corners on the outside so I assume it will be Flowers.
Ugo Amadi has to be a lock for starting nickel as of right now, he’s been our best most consistent CB all year, he’s great at tackling too, everytime I see the kid he’s make good plays. I love DJ also but I feel Ugo has earned that spot.

toffee

Reaction score
Without Shell, who has been playing RT?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":26ybc2zp said:
With She'll, who has been playing RT?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Probably looking at Ogbuehi. He filled in on Thursday.

TraderGary

Reaction score
PNW":2xv9mael said:
TraderGary":2xv9mael said:

Ugo Amadi has to be a lock for starting nickel as of right now, he’s been our best most consistent CB all year, he’s great at tackling too, everytime I see the kid he’s make good plays. I love DJ also but I feel Ugo has earned that spot.

Yeah I agree with you PNW. As good as DJ has been for us, Amadi has been a standout corner from the first day he took the field in both coverage and tackling. I've been very impressed with DJ as well, but I agree that Ugo is a cut above. DJ is not bad insurance though.

Anyone hear how Dunbar is doing in his recovery?

sutz

Reaction score
Dunbar went to IR, so he's out at least 3 games.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
This was a really useful post. I had gone multiple times to seahawks.com to see if there was a summary there, but this post showed up here before I could find one at seahawks.com.

As for Amadi, I think many of you will understand what a high compliment it is when I say I don't mind him using Curt Warner's uniform number.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lagartixa":39f7opxi said:
This was a really useful post. I had gone multiple times to seahawks.com to see if there was a summary there, but this post showed up here before I could find one at seahawks.com.

As for Amadi, I think many of you will understand what a high compliment it is when I say I don't mind him using Curt Warner's uniform number.

I usually don't have time to do it, but if the Facebook live notification comes through when I'm not busy, I'll open the presser and just type the useful nuggets of info out as Pete says them. Even with the coachspeak, they're usually full of substantive updates on players.

In my eyes, Amadi and Reed are fairly equal. I'd give Reed the nod over Amadi when filling in as outside corner, and vice versa for nickel. Both have stepped up in a highly encouraging manner.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":qs7k7d2n said:
Lagartixa":qs7k7d2n said:

I usually don't have time to do it, but if the Facebook live notification comes through when I'm not busy, I'll open the presser and just type the useful nuggets of info out as Pete says them. Even with the coachspeak, they're usually full of substantive updates on players.

In my eyes, Amadi and Reed are fairly equal. I'd give Reed the nod over Amadi when filling in as outside corner, and vice versa for nickel. Both have stepped up in a highly encouraging manner.

Agree and having both is a nice problem to have, when a team like the Rams can put that many receivers on the field as well as the 49ers when healthy having 6 or 7 deep cover guys is good for the match ups and both play special teams as well.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Reed vs. Amadi... love 'em both, what a happy problem to have!!

IMO We lost SB49 on account of not having a healthy true slot corner against quick receivers like Edelman and Amendola. Play 'em both lots, Amadi and Reed, actual NFL-caliber DBs and depth are such an awesome situation for the team!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
olyfan63":16n0outk said:
Reed vs. Amadi... love 'em both, what a happy problem to have!!

IMO We lost SB49 on account of not having a healthy true slot corner against quick receivers like Edelman and Amendola. Play 'em both lots, Amadi and Reed, actual NFL-caliber DBs and depth are such an awesome situation for the team!

You have a good memory of what happened in SB49. Our Defensive Backfield let us down "big time". Depth will be key if we are to go deep into the Playoffs.