Thanksgiving Perspective

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
I hope everyone here has a wonderful Thanksgiving in this weird and trying year. I was thinking today about the overwhelmingly negative year it’s been for most. Sports are a way for many of us to escape into something bigger than our everyday grind and it’s been rough this year but I am so grateful for the Hawks.

Reading so many posts that seem negative on the Hawks, the coaches, and the FO and I don’t get it. Nothing is ever perfect and I think we forget how many games the beloved 2013 Hawks struggled in offensively. Is it that the NW fan base is critical because they either 1 - jumped on board in 2013 and never knew what starting a season with very little hope of winning feels like or maybe that it’s been such a prolonged estrangement from that feeling that they’ve forgotten it? I don’t know. I just know I am grateful.

It’s always easy to point to the missed trades and picks. I just find it one sided to not see the hits in the draft and trades presented. Players do not have to be HOF caliber to be a good pick that helps the team! How can anyone hate the Adams and Dunlop trades this year? Getting Diggs last year. Trading up for Lockett and rolling dice on DK against the media’s “expertise”. The offensive line this summer was this massive talking point. But drafting Lewis? The way they found Shell and worked with Pocic? There is so much good to choose over the bad decisions that happen to every team, every year.

I don’t want a super long post but I was struck by this feeling today, on a day of giving thanks that there are so many missed opportunities to be happy in life when all you do is focus on what you don’t have. It’s the fastest way to lose sight of appreciating what you DO have. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and I for one am happy and proud to be a Hawks fan.

Love on your families today, drink the good stuff, and take time to appreciate all that you have both in sports and in life. And then let’s buckle up and watch our Team kick the NFC’s teeth in.

Cheers!

chris98251

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope you have your health and are Virus free or recovered.

Remember it could always be worse, you could have been born a Turkey :)