Dear Seahawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Seahawks,

Please, please, please treat these final games in your schedule like they are all the Chiefs. Don't buy into the NFL Least noise, don't buy into the idea that you should win these games. Even the worst team in the league is still capable of shocking the NFL world, any given Thursday/Sunday/Monday. These teams are still professional football players, some of the best athletes on the planet, pissed off and would love nothing more than to upset you.

The Cowboys had every reason to beat the Redskins today. They suffered an unimaginable loss, witnessing their strength conditioning coach collapse and die in front of them just days before. The unity that can come from such tragedy is often profound. Yet, the Washington Team pulled away in the end making it a laugher.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. No matter how many pundits want to tell you who is going to win. The Rams are more than happy to take the division from you this season and if you don't focus, bear down, and take care of business and make each game a "Championship Opportunity" like Pete always preaches...

A wildcard will be your reward versus a chance for the #1 seed and winning the division.

Treat the rest of these games like it's the Rams or Chiefs, or it's a playoff game, and everything will fall into place.

Sincerely,

12's

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I envision Adams having extra incentive vs the Jets. We'll have to manufacture our own vs Philly, Wash, and Giants.
If history has shown us anything it's that we'll play a close game with everyone on our schedule. It's that time of year when teams either step up or lay down.
Step up Hawks! Make last week a springboard instead of a signature moment.

sutz

Reaction score
1-0 Focus on the game in front of you. Respect everybody, fear nobody.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3w0s7q2c said:
I envision Adams having extra incentive vs the Jets. We'll have to manufacture our own vs Philly, Wash, and Giants.
If history has shown us anything it's that we'll play a close game with everyone on our schedule. It's that time of year when teams either step up or lay down.

History has shown we often soundly defeat the Giants and Eagles.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I can see them sqeaking by in 3 of the 4 and losing to the Redskins.

But I'm with you Aros. Please take the next month seriously. They have an opportunity to gel together and strengthen this defense. Wilson and his receivers have an opportunity to continue to sync. Don't mess it up

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Optimus25":2q0j4fbc said:
Appyhawk":2q0j4fbc said:

History has shown we often soundly defeat the Giants and Eagles.

My parents always supported me being a Seahawks fan, but they weren't Seahawks fans themselves. Both were more "fans of the game" than of any one specific team, though they certainly had teams they liked and teams they didn't like. My dad developed a certain fondness for the Seahawks from pretty early in their history because of me, and it lasted until he died in 2011. My mom chose the Seahawks as one of the teams she wanted to follow more closely in 2013 (she had been in the habit for years of choosing a couple of interesting teams to follow each year).
I knew I was at least getting close to "converting" Mom in 2017 when she told me she had gotten pissed off and had to turn off the Seahawks game against the Giants and go do something else for a while. She cleaned out a cabinet, then went back to the game, and the Seahawks did actually manage to win comfortably (24-7) after having been down 7-3 at halftime.

acer1240

Reaction score
From your mouth to my heart Todd.

Well stated and hope you and your lovely wife have a fantastic holiday

vonstout

Reaction score
The Saints don’t have a tough scedule left either, so they could win out even w/o Brees. If we don’t get the #1 seed, I’d rather be second in the west and play the NFC east winner. The #2 seed is likely going to play the 3rd place NFC west team. I’d rather play any team from the NFC east on the road with no crowd than Arizona or the Rams in the first round.

W

Welshers

vonstout":1e289rxh said:
The Saints don’t have a tough scedule left either, so they could win out even w/o Brees. If we don’t get the #1 seed, I’d rather be second in the west and play the NFC east winner. The #2 seed is likely going to play the 3rd place NFC west team. I’d rather play any team from the NFC east on the road with no crowd than Arizona or the Rams in the first round.
Same thing as last year, essentially

Reaneypark

Reaction score
They can’t afford to let down. If they do, they can enjoy playing at Lambeau in January.

W

Welshers

Reaneypark":200dz7vr said:
They can’t afford to let down. If they do, they can enjoy playing at Lambeau in January.
Yeah we are intestingly enough looking at a very similar situation to last year where losing the division likely means playing a bad nfc east team in the 1st round, which could be a superior option to getting the 3 seed and playing a tough wildcard team like TB and then going on the road in the next round no matter what. But I wasn't to win the division just for the fact that it means winning something. I actually thought it was better for our playoff chances to play at Philly last year rather then host minnesora which would have happened if we won the division, but I still want to win the division because I want to be division Champs as a consolation prize if we don't win it all. Going to Lambeau again woild be brutal. If we can clean up the easy games on our schedule and find a way to beat the rams at home then we have a chance at the bye

Chawker

Reaction score
And now, back to our movie.

Where, this time it Lassie who is trapped down the well, (with his 12 jersey on) and Timmy must rescue him. Stay tuned.

I couldn't resist taking a funny jab at this post. I hope everbody understands. We cool todd ? :34853_tinfoil:

Cheers Chawker

LTH

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3f4zwkm4 said:
I can see them sqeaking by in 3 of the 4 and losing to the Redskins.

But I'm with you Aros. Please take the next month seriously. They have an opportunity to gel together and strengthen this defense. Wilson and his receivers have an opportunity to continue to sync. Don't mess it up

Its good to see Alex Smith back the dude is a warrior...

LTH

TAB420

Reaction score
"any given Thursday/Sunday/Monday" And, Tuesday.

xray

Reaction score
Highly paid pro players in any sport should not have to be reminded that every game is important and they should bring their best every play , no excuses . Players that take plays off or sometimes games off should be benched and traded away asap . I remember when every game was treated as a championship game a few years back with the Hawks .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team will be ready, until I see differently I'm not gonna' worry about it.
Pete has these guys focused, playing better, and slowly they are getting healthier overall.