Does Shaun Alexander deserve to be in the HOF?

PNW

Reaction score
Curious what everyone’s thoughts and opinions are on this?
Personally I think he deserves to be in the HOF eventually when you include his MVP season and a SB appearance. I know us fans got upset at his apparent lack of effort after he got paid, but I still feel he deserves the nod eventually.

Career Stats:
G 123
ATT 2187
YDS 9453
AVG 4.3
TD 100
20+ 64
40+ 17

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I would have liked to have seen the Beast Run behind Jones and Hutch.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
fenderbender123":773hbzdc said:

Seconded.

Shaun Alexander and Emmitt Smith ran behind arguably the greatest olines in history. Emmitt Smith always ran hard. Shaun, not so much.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes. He was a great back with great vision.

He should not be punished for playing behind a great O line. He was a master at the cutback, rarely went down on first contact and led the team to our first Superbowl appearance.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's hard to imagine how much greater Beast Mode would have been behind our early and mid-2000s O-Line. I have little doubt he'd have put together at least one season in the discussion for greatest season by a RB ever.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think he deserves a spot. Guy was a monster RB. The most least respected Seahawk ever and its strange that people seem to forget how good he was.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3qlj168c said:
I think he deserves a spot. Guy was a monster RB. The most least respected Seahawk ever and its strange that people seem to forget how good he was.
I personally find it strange that plenty of fans can't acknowledge he was a soft runner except near the goal line. Not giving it your all every single down is not in the spirit of the Hall of Fame.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3a4b5hrb said:

He should not be punished for playing behind a great O line. He was a master at the cutback, rarely went down on first contact and led the team to our first Superbowl appearance.
Plus, he had FIVE TD's in the first HALF OF A GAME (Vikings I believe)....It was almost an automatic for a TD anytime he got into the Red Zone...Nothing wrong with NOT taking UNNECCESARY hits.
18 TD's in one Regular season.
So YES.

W

Welshers

The case for Alexander is that he's #8 in all time rushing TDs. Everyone else on that list is in, or will be. I think because of that and because of his MVP, that yes, he should be in

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
scutterhawk":yz1uz3wg said:
Jerhawk":yz1uz3wg said:

Plus, he had FIVE TD's in the first HALF OF A GAME (Vikings I believe)....It was almost an automatic for a TD anytime he got into the Red Zone...Nothing wrong with NOT taking UNNECCESARY hits.
18 TD's in one Regular season.
So YES.
He actually got 27 TD’s in his MVP season along with 1880yrd and 5.1 yrds per carry. In 2004 he also got 1696yrd with 16TD’s and 4.8 yrds per carry. Also his durability his first 6 years was pretty damn good, I don’t think he missed a game. Talk about a workhorse back!!!

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Welshers":1hfw7g3j said:
The case for Alexander is that he's #8 in all time rushing TDs. Everyone else on that list is in, or will be. I think because of that and because of his MVP, that yes, he should be in
Agreed! I think he’s gonna get in eventually, RB’s aren’t gonna keep stats like that up now days, he’ll stand out for sure.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2loz6od7 said:
It's hard to imagine how much greater Beast Mode would have been behind our early and mid-2000s O-Line. I have little doubt he'd have put together at least one season in the discussion for greatest season by a RB ever.
Yeah, I’ve often wondered that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":m2aylewd said:
pittpnthrs":m2aylewd said:
I personally find it strange that plenty of fans can't acknowledge he was a soft runner except near the goal line. Not giving it your all every single down is not in the spirit of the Hall of Fame.
I’m probably in the minority on this but I agree with this.

OP
OP
PNW

PNW

Reaction score
Call him soft all you want but his 2001-2005 stats were amazing. Shaun had just about or over 300 carries per year and over 7,500 yards over that span with 87 TD’s with an MVP and SB appearance in that time. That’s a legendary 5 years right there, maybe Carson should take some hints from SA on how to stay healthy.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I’m good with it. If the voters put him in, then he “deserves” it.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't care about the HOF because it is way too political and subjective.

But .... if you want to ask who the greatest RB is in Seahawk's history --- the answer is Shaun Freaking Alexander and there is no rational argument otherwise.