Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the #5 seed the only other option other than 1

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • So if we don't get the one seed and the bye........with home-field Advantage not being what it's been with no fans I would lose games to take the number 5 seed and play the NFC least. It seems to make the most sense
    stang233
    NET Starter

• I would still prefer 2 seed. No travel and Home field advantage (for whatever that is worth without fans). We can always hope the Saints slip up… In the end the Hawks have to do there part and just win.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

• 5 seed is great for first wildcard game but you still then have to go on the road - potentially to the 1 seed if 2 and 3 win their games (Likely to be Packers and NFC West winner), so you put yourself in a challenging position of having to beat a team coming off a bye (which we are historically poor at in playoffs) and even if you win you still have to go on the road to winner of 2/3 in NFCCG.

Win the division. Take the likely 2 seed and then if Saints falter either in the season or in their playoff game you have HFA throughout
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• I really cannot understand the concept of fans wanting their team to lose, for any reason whatsoever. It's just not right.

:34853_doh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Mitch Levy
    @Mitch_Seattle
    Mr P:

#Seahawks are #2 seed in NFC at the moment. Both Seattle & GB are:
    • 7-3 overall
    • No head to head
    • 5-2 vs NFC
    • Not enough comm opponents
    • strength of victory:
    Seattle .455
    Green Bay .416

4:30 PM · Nov 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Seattle/statu ... 2185032704
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• One week at a time. Eye on the division first, and see where it ends up. I don't see the Hawks getting the 1 seed, but you never know. And no way in hell would I even consider wanting to be a 5 seed just because it means an easier playoff game. A 5 seed would suck because it means they lost the division. Nothing good about losing the division. Just don't like that mentality at all. It's the playoffs, you should be ready to rock against ANY opponent. Just my own opinion...….
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• stang233 wrote:So if we don't get the one seed and the bye........with home-field Advantage not being what it's been with no fans I would lose games to take the number 5 seed and play the NFC least. It seems to make the most sense

Why would any fan want their team to lose any game??? That does not make sense in ANY circumstance.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• You dont become the greatest team of the year playing weak opponents. You become the best team by beating the more competitive teams. This whole lose to play a weak division wildcard game can go to the trash can.
    Peace
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• 1-0

EVERY WEEK.

imho
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• sutz wrote:I really cannot understand the concept of fans wanting their team to lose, for any reason whatsoever. It's just not right.

Especially short sighted hot takes like this one.

The NFC is WIDE open this year, so getting the #2 or #3 seed means if the #1 loses, you now get HFA. Obviously not as big of a deal as it normally is, but it still matters when playoff teams have to travel. Covid protocols are harder, airports are harder, hotels are harder......it all matters.

So no, I don't want the five seed if we can't get the #1. Because not only does it mean all the things I listed above, it means we lost another 2-3 games.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• jamescasey1124 wrote:You dont become the greatest team of the year playing weak opponents.

You just become the greatest team of all time.

bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• The Hawks didn't make this schedule. You can only play who they throw in front of you.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• You play to win the game!
    MD5eahawks
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• stang233 wrote:So if we don't get the one seed and the bye........with home-field Advantage not being what it's been with no fans I would lose games to take the number 5 seed and play the NFC least. It seems to make the most sense

Intentionally guaranteeing that you're going to have to win 3 road games in the playoffs to make it to the Super Bowl makes the most sense to you? And you do realize that after the wild card round those games are going to be against very good teams like the Packers and the Saints?

I mean, if the goal is to get the weakest opponent in the wild card round then sure, but if the goal is to get to the Super Bowl, that's a terrible idea.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• 5 seed is certainly attractive, but there’s confidence and pride in winning your division. I’d rather just take the 2 seed, and hope our opponent is Minnesota or Chicago rather than the Cards again. Falcons and Niners are in that mix too, and I wouldn’t be shocked if the Lions suddenly find their game after Patricia was fired.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• sutz wrote:I really cannot understand the concept of fans wanting their team to lose, for any reason whatsoever. It's just not right.

LOL YEEE HAW!!!

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I like Turtles
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• I still strongly beleive the #5 seed is the best chance at a SB. We will not get the #1. The loss yesterday was the most mad i have been in a long time. But some of the best gifts are unanswered prayers.
    stang233
    NET Starter

• stang233 wrote:I still strongly beleive the #5 seed is the best chance at a SB. We will not get the #1. The loss yesterday was the most mad i have been in a long time. But some of the best gifts are unanswered prayers.

Interesting theory considering we just lost at home to the very team that we would likely have to go play on the east coast if we get the 5 seed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information